Trump or DeSantis?

Trump or Desantis?

• Trump

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • DeSantis

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters

PeoplesElbow

What's wrong with that? Someone has to make me feel better, might as well be me. Because it sure isn't going to be the hysterics on the Left and Right running around all willy nilly cheering on their team no matter what kind of shitbag is playing quarterback. Those people don't make me feel good. Me not being one of them, however, makes me feel great.

:cartwheel
Nothing at all. Personally if I felt the way you do I wouldn't get nearly as invested in politics as you do. I'm not nearly as invested (emotionally) as you are the way it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nothing at all. Personally if I felt the way you do I wouldn't get nearly as invested in politics as you do. I'm not nearly as invested (emotionally) as you are the way it is.

I'm actually interested in human behavior. That's pretty much my whole interest in politics. I have the same interest in celebrity worship/hate and religion, it's just that politics is what comes up here most often. And I don't get "emotionally" involved, I get frustrated with the human condition.

I avoid talking politics in my real life - it's not like I'm at dinner with a friend raving about that crap. I actually have a real life that you wouldn't know about considering you're a stranger on the internet.

:)

Get me started on the moron characters on Grey's Anatomy and I'll talk your ear off. :shutup:

PeoplesElbow

I'm actually interested in human behavior. That's pretty much my whole interest in politics. I have the same interest in celebrity worship/hate and religion, it's just that politics is what comes up here most often. And I don't get "emotionally" involved, I get frustrated with the human condition.

I avoid talking politics in my real life - it's not like I'm at dinner with a friend raving about that crap. I actually have a real life that you wouldn't know about considering you're a stranger on the internet.

:)

Get me started on the moron characters on Grey's Anatomy and I'll talk your ear off. :shutup:
Ah, I really wouldn't have expected that.

I think Ive only seen Grays Anatomy once or twice and thought it was stupid, same with House. I did like Bones and both 911 shows.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think Ive only seen Grays Anatomy once or twice and thought it was stupid

Amazingly stupid. But I got sucked in and binged it to the bitter end (of the last season). What's fascinating is that these characters have very few redeeming qualities - mostly they're mean, shallow, selfish, arrogant, and unnecessarily cruel - and yet somehow millions of fans believe they're worthy of admiration and gush about them on Reddit like they're real people. THAT is what interests me and I can only think that these fans hear from reviewers and each other that Meredith is brave, and loving, and kind, and they believe that rather than how Meredith actually is that they see and hear for themselves. That Derek and Meredith are this amazing loving supercouple when in fact Derek is a dick, Mer is a childish insecure bitch, and their relationship is a train wreck.

How humans are programmed by media and pop culture - fascinating.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
mostly they're mean, shallow, selfish, arrogant, and unnecessarily cruel - and yet somehow millions of fans believe they're worthy of admiration and gush about them on Reddit like they're real people.

My mother and wife were glued to the TV every week watching Desperate Housewives ....

I used to ask, why are you watching such trash tv, you would never associate with such people if they lived across the street, why are you so invested in this shite

Kinnakeet

Desantis. He's younger, has less baggage, seems to be a bit more informed about what can and can't be done legally (that may just be his team), and he's not a crook.

Say what you will about the dems demonizing everything that Trump did (and much that he did not) do during his presidency, but the guy doesn't keep promises. Not in his business and not to his spouses. He may be funny and willing to speak his mind, but that doesn't necessarily make him good or effective as a leader.
DeSantis is a POLITICIAN and cannot be trusted!

Kinnakeet

Amazingly stupid. But I got sucked in and binged it to the bitter end (of the last season). What's fascinating is that these characters have very few redeeming qualities - mostly they're mean, shallow, selfish, arrogant, and unnecessarily cruel - and yet somehow millions of fans believe they're worthy of admiration and gush about them on Reddit like they're real people. THAT is what interests me and I can only think that these fans hear from reviewers and each other that Meredith is brave, and loving, and kind, and they believe that rather than how Meredith actually is that they see and hear for themselves. That Derek and Meredith are this amazing loving supercouple when in fact Derek is a dick, Mer is a childish insecure bitch, and their relationship is a train wreck.

How humans are programmed by media and pop culture - fascinating.
Those shows are as stupid as they come just like Yellowstone and that has to be the most retarded show ever!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to ask, why are you watching such trash tv, you would never associate with such people if they lived across the street, why are you so invested in this shite

Because it's entertaining. Some people rubberneck at car crashes, I get my ghoulish delight with fictional characters.

What is interesting is that in the GA Reddit sub they almost unanimously hate the musical episode, which is one of my favorites. I'm here to be entertained so heck yeah sing and dance. :yay: But others thought it was too unrealistic....in a show where surgeons do the work of orderlies and nurses, and talk about their extremely messy sex lives in front of patients.....oh, and nobody has to wait at the ER, they just walk in and are immediately whisked into a bed...by a surgeon.... 🤔

I have a new co-worker who is more than a bit of a train wreck, so I find I don't have an appetite for that sort of thing in real life but I sure do enjoy watching crazy on TV and keeping it at a social media distance.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
For me it's shorts and a heavyweight T-shirt.
Impeachment Fetterman GIF by GIPHY News