Trump won’t help Puerto Rico

stgislander

PREMO Member
Meanwhile, back on topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune

In the first six days after the hurricane made landfall here, the Navy had deployed three ships, citing concerns that Puerto Rico's ports were too damaged to accommodate numerous large vessels. But harrowing reports of isolated U.S. citizens struggling in the heat without electricity and running low on food and water have now spurred the Pentagon to throw resources into the relief effort even though they haven't been specifically requested by territorial officials. The more robust approach includes the deployment of the USNS Comfort, a hospital ship that has responded to other natural disasters. ....

If only they would DO something :roflmao:

Sounds a lot like Katrina.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Who but some worthless sh!thole thugs would decide that leveraging that major disaster as an opportunity to strike for more money was a good idea?

I am sure the Teamsters want make sure they get their coffee breaks and Overtime

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm waiting for Hank "tipping" Johnson to come out with his dire warnings of the island's doom from everything and everyone being at the port.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm waiting for Hank "tipping" Johnson to come out with his dire warnings of the island's doom from everything and everyone being at the port.

I'm waiting for Sapidus to acknowledge that his threadline was stupid and false, and that Trump has done everything he can to help PR through this, and it's the lack of leadership in some of the (Democrat run) cities that's the problem.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bernie Sanders Claims 'Race Is A Factor' In Trump Administration Response to Puerto Rico
Vermont 'Independent' says he has a "right to suspect" prejudice is at play in disaster relief.

“Given the president’s history on race, given the fact that he — a few months ago — said there were good people on both sides when neo-Nazis were marching in Charlottesville, yeah, I think we have a right to be suspect that he is treating the people in Puerto Rico in a different way than he has treated the people of Texas or Florida," Sanders told Jake Tapper during a segment of CNN's State of the Union.

Sanders went on to note that Puerto Rico's residents are citizens of the United States, and that they are entitled to the same degree of care as any other US resident.

As is customary with Sanders, his analysis is off on several levels. First, it appears from all evidence that Puerto Rico is receiving as much or more disaster relief assistance than Texas and Florida, affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irene, respectively. The Federal government has more than 10,000 employees on the ground in Puerto Rico and surrounding islands handling infrastructure repairs, it has freed up millions in emergency aid funding and sent thousands of pounds of food, clean water and medicine.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Dee Jay Gude says Bernie Sanders is a nutcase political tool who needs to be checked into an in-patient treatment facility.

It's amazing to me how he bangs with the gang after they way they did him during the primary.

I can't help but believe he was just a plant to look like Hillary had an opponent. I don't the DNC anticipated his campaign would gain the traction it did. I don't think Sanders or the democrat party had any intention of him coming close to beating Hillary.

SamSpade

“Given the president’s history on race, given the fact that he — a few months ago — said there were good people on both sides when neo-Nazis were marching in Charlottesville,

THIS always pisses me off. Not everyone marching in protest was a neo-Nazi. Some were.

Moreover what does the dispute claim, then? One side was only good people, and the other had NONE?

This_person

Sounds a lot like Katrina.

Local government incompetence is the similar factor. In Katrina, the Bush Administration followed the precedent and letter of the law to wait to be asked for help. The Trump Administration did not wait, seemingly empowered to do the "right" thing.

Sapidus

I'm waiting for Sapidus to acknowledge that his threadline was stupid and false, and that Trump has done everything he can to help PR through this, and it's the lack of leadership in some of the (Democrat run) cities that's the problem.

Fake news.

Dedicating a golf trophy to the victims and attacking the Mayor while also bringing up the islands Bankruptcy is idiotic . He has not done everything possible in fact he has made the situation worse with his ineptitude.

Sapidus

THIS always pisses me off. Not everyone marching in protest was a neo-Nazi. Some were.

Moreover what does the dispute claim, then? One side was only good people, and the other had NONE?

Who else was marching beside neo-nazis?

This is what pisses you off? You really aren't paying attention to much are you?

Chris0nllyn

Fake news.

Dedicating a golf trophy to the victims and attacking the Mayor while also bringing up the islands Bankruptcy is idiotic . He has not done everything possible in fact he has made the situation worse with his ineptitude.

To be fair, Trump just landed in PR. He could have easily said "nevermind", and went to Vegas.

Sapidus

So, we can talk about PR relief and taxes at the same time? Voting and citizenship?

With all due respect, I'm not concerned about your view of what Jesus would and would not recognize as done in His name. Aren't you a rabid atheist?

Yes, when I consistently decry the problems I have with Trump, call out his actions with which I disagree over and again, I can see how you find me a Trump "apologist". :lmao:

Meanwhile, back on topic:

If only they would DO something :roflmao:

You have never criticized anything Trump has done.

In the face of people dying it is time to focus on that. People dying at the hands of police, catastrophe or a terrorist. A sane persons first response would be to help and stop the violence, save the injured and enact sensible gun control. Not scream about taxes or citizenship. But it is ok to be concerned about those things once immediate threats are gone.

In fact you ignored his sexism, racism, homophobia and misogyny enough to vote for him. You claim not to be racist but but i never see you complain when derogatory statement are made about people of color. Such as pavement apes and drakes which are thrown around by these degenerates all the time It doesn't take a religious person to know you are certainly not behaving in a christian manner. Picking and choosing what part of the bible you see fit. Do you also think its okay to keep slaves as the bible makes clear it is? Do you eat selfish? Wear mixed fiber? Or do you just choose whats important to you?

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He has not done everything possible in fact he has made the situation worse with his ineptitude.

By immediately ordering in additional military units as soon as he realized that Puerto Ricans were more intent on striking or collecting import duties than they were about moving relief supplies. That "ineptitude"? There are now over 10,000 US military personnel on the ground in PR and it is they who are doing what the Puerto Ricans refused to do for themselves.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
and enact sensible gun control.

please detail what gun control laws would have changed the out come of

Columbine
Waco [oh what that the Feds killing women and children]
Aurora Colorado
Tucson Az [gabby giffords]
San Bernardino
The Pulse Night Club
Charlie Hebo [oh what that was France with stricter gun laws]
Erfurt school massacre [oh wait that was Germany with Stricter Gun Laws]
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia
Fort Hood
San Ysidro McDonald's
Hartford Distributors
Navy Yard
Umpqua Community College
Luby's Killeen, Texas

It doesn't take a religious person to know you are certainly not behaving in a christian manner. Picking and choosing what part of the bible you see fit. Do you also think its okay to keep slaves as the bible makes clear it is? Do you eat selfish? Wear mixed fiber? Or do you just choose whats important to you?

what exactly do YOU know about Christianity :shrug:

What Rev Wright Told you ?

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
In the face of people dying it is time to focus on that. People dying at the hands of police, catastrophe or a terrorist. A sane persons first response would be to help and stop the violence, save the injured and enact sensible gun control. Not scream about taxes or citizenship. But it is ok to be concerned about those things once immediate threats are gone.

More people are killed in Chicago each month than were killed in LV. A city with very strict "common sense gun control" and people are still dying in record numbers. On calm days where we have nothing really going on, you and those like you are silent over our inner city violence. I wish you had a good explanation for that. And, I'm with Gilligan, in light of what's going on daily in Chicago, what is this "sensible gun control"?

Sapidus

More people are killed in Chicago each month than were killed in LV. A city with very strict "common sense gun control" and people are still dying in record numbers. On calm days where we have nothing really going on, you and those like you are silent over our inner city violence. I wish you had a good explanation for that. And, I'm with Gilligan, in light of what's going on daily in Chicago, what is this "sensible gun control"?

And more people killed by heart attacks. And automobiles. What’s your point?

Trying to renter the conversation is idiotic.

No one other than military or police need to posses high capacity automatic weapons. Period. The creators of the 2nd amendment couldn’t and didn’t have anything in mind other than what was available at the time.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
And more people killed by heart attacks. And automobiles. What’s your point?

Trying to renter the conversation is idiotic.

No one other than military or police need to posses high capacity automatic weapons. Period. The creators of the 2nd amendment couldn’t and didn’t have anything in mind other than what was available at the time.

The authors of the Second Amendment had in mind that the citizens of the United States would have the means to stand up against a corrupt and abusive government and its show of force! That would be the military, if necessary.

A change in technology doesn't change principle.

Actually there's a Reasoned argument to be made against the government arming law enforcement with such.

Last edited: