Update on geezer who shot the skateboarders?

smilin

BOXER NATION
Maryland Does infact have a Castle doctrine!

One of the final statements says:

"if theres an intruder in the yard or your Premises "Kill Them" with out warning is Justified. Heres the kicker! This cannont be done during day light. You must warn before you shoot!

MY interpretation is, during the day, walk where the intuder can see you pointing a "piece" at him.

If it's night time, all bets are off.
All the "intruder" would hear is, "FREEZE!" "BANG!"
Sufficent "warning", don't you think??

NRA-ILA :: Maryland: Castle Doctrine Self-Defense Bill to be Considered Tomorrow in Annapolis!
MARYLAND GOVERNOR SIGNS “CASTLE DOCTRINE” BILL | Delegate Smigiel's Official Blog
BILL INFO-2010 Regular Session-SB 411

frequentflier

happy to be living
ANd how much jail time for this ATROCIOUS act.. this unjustified, inhumane act?

Is he going to the state lock up, or will he do his time at the county?

Yeah, a retired 67 year old felon.. Probably hurt his chances of getting that internship at Lockheed he was banking on..

In the Calvert Recorder, it states that Armiger "comes before the court with no criminal record". States Atty Laura Martin said that sentancing guidelines ask for 5 to 10 years in prison, & while the boys were not showing as much judgement as they should have that day, they are boys and Armiger is a grown man with a law enforcement background" Martin said Armiger was given a gift from court by not having to go to prison.
Maybe Ms Martin needs an invitation to spend a day in Solomons and Lusby and see these *boys* in action.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
In the Calvert Recorder, it states that Armiger "comes before the court with no criminal record". States Atty Laura Martin said that sentancing guidelines ask for 5 to 10 years in prison, & while the boys were not showing as much judgement as they should have that day, they are boys and Armiger is a grown man with a law enforcement background" Martin said Armiger was given a gift from court by not having to go to prison.
Maybe Ms Martin needs an invitation to spend a day in Solomons and Lusby and see these *boys* in action.

BUT he does NO jail time..

I still have a little bit of faith in our system and our local judges..

L

letmetellyou

BUT he does NO jail time..

I still have a little bit of faith in our system and our local judges..

I think it's admirable that Mr. Armiger apologized to the victim, admitted he was wrong, and plead guilty to the felony first degree assault. He saved the taxpayers money for not having to go through a trial and it is good to see that some people still believe in admitting fault when they are wrong!

newbsomd

The kid got what was coming to him, too bad the old dude didn't knock out a few more of the little punks, and it's a shame that people get punished at all for fending off predators.
that's quite a slippery slope, no?

I think it's admirable that Mr. Armiger apologized to the victim, admitted he was wrong, and plead guilty to the felony first degree assault...it is good to see that some people still believe in admitting fault when they are wrong!
i agree!

hopefully, these kids get a suitable punishment as well.

L

letmetellyou

hopefully, these kids get a suitable punishment as well.

Right, that would be nice. Unfortunately due to Mr. Armiger's actions, one of them are about to get paid! Hopefully he will settle out of court and not waste any taxpayer's dollars on having a trial with that as well.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Right, that would be nice. Unfortunately due to Mr. Armiger's actions, one of them are about to get paid! Hopefully he will settle out of court and not waste any taxpayer's dollars on having a trial with that as well.

Do you know that they've filed suit? I haven't heard that they had.

L

letmetellyou

Do you know that they've filed suit? I haven't heard that they had.

No, they have up to five years to file suit. Having said that, since Mr. Armiger admitted he was wrong, I think it's inevitable that it will happen. I think it was good for him to admit he was wrong? Shows a lot of character on his part don’t you think?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No, they have up to five years to file suit. Having said that, since Mr. Armiger admitted he was wrong, I think it's inevitable that it will happen. I think it was good for him to admit he was wrong? Shows a lot of character on his part don’t you think?

But the court's sentence also speaks volumes of HOW guilty he was, and that there were extenuating circumstances.

Don't think they'd fare as well as you think they will in a civil suit.

L

letmetellyou

But the court's sentence also speaks volumes of HOW guilty he was, and that there were extenuating circumstances.

Don't think they'd fare as well as you think they will in a civil suit.

You mean he's just a little felon? Not a real felon, but a minor felon? So what about him apologizing? Does that mean he was just a little wrong?

PrepH4U

If they do bring suit I hope charges are filed for tresspassing & harrassment @ Solomons Landing, & Breaking & Entering at Calvert Marine Museum. Many facebook videos showed them doing this.
I think the Solomons Business Assoc. should get together and ban all skateboarders from the boardwalk and from the business parking lots. It can be done Wildwood did. Then all the punks little friends will know it's all because of them that they cannot go out and peacefully skateboard.:whistle:

L

letmetellyou

If they do bring suit I hope charges are filed for tresspassing & harrassment @ Solomons Landing, & Breaking & Entering at Calvert Marine Museum. Many facebook videos showed them doing this.
I think the Solomons Business Assoc. should get together and ban all skateboarders from the boardwalk and from the business parking lots. It can be done Wildwood did. Then all the punks little friends will know it's all because of them that they cannot go out and peacefully skateboard.:whistle:

That's a great idea, but isn't Wildewood private property and the boardwalk public property? Do you know for a fact that this kid was "breaking and entering" the marine museum or are you the type of person who lumps all kids together? It would seem to me if there are facebook video's of kids committing a crime, the Calvert County Sheriff's department or State Police would do something. Oh well, glad I live in good ole St. Mary's County where I don't have to worry about such nonesense.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You mean he's just a little felon? Not a real felon, but a minor felon? So what about him apologizing? Does that mean he was just a little wrong?
Would you get the F over it already? Do you really think he apologized on his own fruition? His lawyer set it all up for the court. JFC!!

And yes there are 6 different levels of felony. :duh:

L

letmetellyou

Baja28

Would you get the F over it already? Do you really think he apologized on his own fruition? His lawyer set it all up for the court. JFC!!

And yes there are 6 different levels of felony. __________________

So what you are saying is he is just a convicted man, not a man of conviction. If he was so right, he would have stood on principle and gone to trial. He knew, however how wrong he was so he plead guilty.

I don't know what state you live in, but in Maryland there is a misdemeanor, or a felony. No classes of either.

So until you learn a little more, stfu!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's a great idea, but isn't Wildewood private property and the boardwalk public property? Do you know for a fact that this kid was "breaking and entering" the marine museum or are you the type of person who lumps all kids together? It would seem to me if there are facebook video's of kids committing a crime, the Calvert County Sheriff's department or State Police would do something. Oh well, glad I live in good ole St. Mary's County where I don't have to worry about such nonesense.

Did she say there were Facebook videos? Or are you insinuating that she's a liar?

There were/are dozens of videos of them trespassing and violating local laws. The boardwalk in Solomons is already posted "No Skateboarding!" but you could find them there skating almost everyday in the summer, especially at the gazebo. There were videos of them at the new shopping plaza in Lusty destroying private property.

But of course why would you believe her and what she witnessed, after-all they are just innocent little angels.

Last edited:
L

letmetellyou

Did she say there were Facebook videos? Or are you insinuating that she's a liar?

She said, Many facebook videos showed them doing this.

There were/are dozens of videos of them trespassing and violating local laws. The boardwalk in Solomon us already posted "No Skateboard!" But you could find them there skating almost everyday in the summer, especially at the gazebo. There were videos of them at the new shopping plaza in Lusty destroying private property.

But of course why would you believe her and what she witnessed, after-all they are just innocent little angels.

Are you drunk? Now the kid that got shot, you know for sure he is one of the kids on the video? What's his name?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
So what you are saying is he is just a convicted man, not a man of conviction. If he was so right, he would have stood on principle and gone to trial. He knew, however how wrong he was so he plead guilty.

I don't know what state you live in, but in Maryland there is a misdemeanor, or a felony. No classes of either.

So until you learn a little more, stfu!
Damn! I was wrong, there are actually 9 levels.

First Degree Murder
Sentencing: death penalty, life imprisonment

Second Degree Murder (murder with malice aforethought)
Sentencing: a term of years to life imprisonment

Felony Murder (includes murder which occurs in the commission of any of the following crimes: arson in the first degree; rape in any degree; sexual offense in the first or second degree; sodomy; mayhem; robbery; carjacking or armed carjacking; burglary in the first, second, or third degree; or kidnapping)
Sentencing: a term of years to life imprisonment

Attempted First Degree Sex Offense
Sentencing: up to life imprisonment

Attempted Second Degree Sex Offense
Sentencing: up to 20 years imprisonment

Manslaughter
Sentencing: depending upon the degree and nature of the crime, up to 25 years

Robbery
Sentencing: up to 25 years imprisonment

First Degree Assault
Sentencing: up to 22 years imprisonment

Second Degree Assault
Sentencing: up to 10 years imprisonment

Maybe you should STFU.

L

letmetellyou

Um...those are different degrees of crimes, they have nothing to do with felony levels. There are states who have various levels of felonies, but you don't live there.

You should take a civics or criminal justice class. It's really basic, doesn't require much smarts.