Welcome Back NHL

Baz

This. ------------------>
:yahoo:Malkin's on a roll!! Neal is awesome this year!

It was a great game. I can't complain about Laich's goal -- I like him! :lol:

This has been Malkin's team for a while now, and Neal has turned out to be that scoring winger the Pens have been looking for ever since Hossa left for Detroit. He's going to be expensive to re-sign (his contract is up this year), but the Penguins have to pay him.

On a side note, kind of funny how quiet Caps fans are after a loss. :lol:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
This has been Malkin's team for a while now, and Neal has turned out to be that scoring winger the Pens have been looking for ever since Hossa left for Detroit. He's going to be expensive to re-sign (his contract is up this year), but the Penguins have to pay him.

On a side note, kind of funny how quiet Caps fans are after a loss. :lol:

You mean kind of like you were when the Pens lost 6 in a row? :popcorn: There were some questionable calls (and non-calls) yesterday, but Malkin and Fleury were both on fire.

Hank

my war

In other words, Crosby is a puss! :yay:

Baz

This. ------------------>
Yeah, about 3 times during the losing streak....way off your average :wink:

Am I? Go back and check how often I post about the Penguins. Particularly when they're not playing the Caps or Flyers.

Thanks for playing.

Hank

my war
Sure wish the Caps could play a full game like last night a little more often... Ovi is on his mark...

In Crosby news.... Still a puss

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

The Caps are quickly turning into the biggest disappointment in the NHL. Be interesting to see who will still be around after the trading deadline. If they dont win 3 out of the 4 games on this roadtrip and if they lose to Florida on Friday, they will be 6 points behind the Panthers. I was at the Winnipeg game and the way they choked at the end was horrible to watch.

Getting Green back in a few days may help some, but looks like Backstrom is going to be lost for the season at this point.

Ovie has shown a little spark the last several games, with more shots on goal.

Heck last night all 3 goals came from defensmen.

About the only bright spot this season is Orlov, and his name was mentioned as maybe one who might get traded at the deadline. It seems that the once stocked Hershey Bears dont seem to have any offensive players that could help the Caps.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just watching or hearing the games the bad luck they seem to get is astonishing. Even the announcers are dumbfounded. Can't make that an excuse though. Sometimes working hard delivers you good luck.

Great comeback win against Florida tonight. That should keep things interesting.

Hank

my war
Wish we could get Backstrom and Green back.... I know Green is close but haven't heard any time frame on Backstrom. Good to see the Caps finally put some shots on goal!

OldHillcrestGuy

uhhhhh..... Let's Go Caps?..... :shrug: :ohwell:

Please Caps lets start going up instead of down. Heck the 2 teams the Caps need to pass in the standings, Florida and Toronto are playing poorly too. Now the Jets are getting hot, we also have them to contend with now.

Now that the Caps have pissed off the owner (good ole Ted) there maybe several moves before the trading deadline on Feb 27th.

Its my opinion, but Dale Hunter doesnt seem to be what we need as a coach. He will proably stay till the season ends, then he may be let go.
If they replace him before the season ends it would piss off alot of Cap fans, Dale was great player, proably in the top 5 of old Caps players, it may be hard to fire him without upsetting some people. Bruce Boudreau is bringing the Ducks up from the bottom of the western division, they are playing good hockey for him.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Please Caps lets start going up instead of down. Heck the 2 teams the Caps need to pass in the standings, Florida and Toronto are playing poorly too. Now the Jets are getting hot, we also have them to contend with now.

Now that the Caps have pissed off the owner (good ole Ted) there maybe several moves before the trading deadline on Feb 27th.

Its my opinion, but Dale Hunter doesnt seem to be what we need as a coach. He will proably stay till the season ends, then he may be let go.
If they replace him before the season ends it would piss off alot of Cap fans, Dale was great player, proably in the top 5 of old Caps players, it may be hard to fire him without upsetting some people. Bruce Boudreau is bringing the Ducks up from the bottom of the western division, they are playing good hockey for him.

IMO, we never should have gotten rid of him. Yes, the Caps were slumping. Yes, he seemed to have lost his team. But I still think replacing Boudreau was a knee-jerk reaction -- just like Dale pulling T-Vo the other night and putting Neuvy in to "spark the team" -- which didn't work. The good Boudreau did here far outweighed the bad and I think Teddy and GMGM bowed to pressure too easily instead of supporting him. People forget BB pulled us out of the basement at mid-season a few years ago to become a Cup contender, President's Trophy winner, etc. In Dale's defense, he has lost his star players to injury, however, that doesn't excuse the rest of his team's lackluster play lately. I just want them to snap out of it.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
IMO, we never should have gotten rid of him. Yes, the Caps were slumping. Yes, he seemed to have lost his team. But I still think replacing Boudreau was a knee-jerk reaction -- just like Dale pulling T-Vo the other night and putting Neuvy in to "spark the team" -- which didn't work. The good Boudreau did here far outweighed the bad and I think Teddy and GMGM bowed to pressure too easily instead of supporting him. People forget BB pulled us out of the basement at mid-season a few years ago to become a Cup contender, President's Trophy winner, etc. In Dale's defense, he has lost his star players to injury, however, that doesn't excuse the rest of his team's lackluster play lately. I just want them to snap out of it.

They will snap out of it, the question is - will it be during this season? I hope so!

sportsfan

Media and everyone else needs to stop blamming "injuries" for the CAPS. Thats why there are other hockey players on the team.

Vokun looked awful. Question remains on what kind of trades will happen.

I have also been rooting for Boudreau and the Ducks. CAPS would be in better shape with BB as coach