Welcome Back NHL

JoeR

:smile:
Everything's clicking for them right now, and they're just now getting everyone healthy for the first time in forever.

I think one of the best things it's not just the top 2 lines doing the scoring. When you have Matt Cooke having multple goal games you know everything is clicking. Speaking about Cooke. Talk about old dogs learning new tricks. 14 goals this year, and only 30 penalty minutes for the whole season.

Last edited:

Baz

This. ------------------>
I think one of the best things it's not just the top 2 lines doing the scoring. When you have Matt Cooke having multple goal games you know everything is clicking. Speaking about Cooke. Talk about old dogs learning new tricks. 14 goals this year, and only 30 penalty minutes for the whole season.

Yeah, Cooke's really toned down the rough stuff. Some would say he's dialed it back a little too much, but he'll still bash a guy if the opportunity presents itself more times than not. He netted 2 more against Jersey this past Saturday, too.

Good comeback by the Flyers yesterday. Not happy about seeing Pittsburgh drop that lead and give away points like that, but getting 5 of 6 points on the tough divisional road trip isn't shabby at all.

JoeR

Yeah, Cooke's really toned down the rough stuff. Some would say he's dialed it back a little too much, but he'll still bash a guy if the opportunity presents itself more times than not. He netted 2 more against Jersey this past Saturday, too.

Good comeback by the Flyers yesterday. Not happy about seeing Pittsburgh drop that lead and give away points like that, but getting 5 of 6 points on the tough divisional road trip isn't shabby at all.

He's mostly eliminated the stupid penalities he was taking which led to suspensions. Here's a great article in today's Tribune Review on him. As for yesterday, I think the 3 games in 4 days caught up with them in the 3rd period yesterday.
Cooke reflects on Masterton nomination - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

So how long have you been a Pens fan? I've been since the blue uniforms were the uniform. No such things as throwbacks (1970/71).

Last edited:

Baz

He's mostly eliminated the stupid penalities he was taking which led to suspensions. Here's a great article in today's Tribune Review on him. As for yesterday, I think the 3 games in 4 days caught up with them in the 3rd period yesterday.
Cooke reflects on Masterton nomination - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

So how long have you been a Pens fan? I've been since the blue uniforms were the uniform. No such things as throwbacks (1970/71).

I hate the blue uniforms, especially the ones they're wearing as their 3rd now. They wear them too much, and it isn't a true historical jersey. They never wore the ones they're wearing now. If they want a proper 3rd, they should wear the ones they wore during the 1st 2 Cup years, IMO.

The Penguins were my favorite Eastern conference team since Mario was drafted, as the North Stars were my favorite, hometown team from birth until that ####ing ####### Norm Green moved them. After the North Stars left, it's been Pittsburgh straight up.

Hank

my war
sportsfan said:
Holtby!!!.....Hunter should just keep Holtby in goal. You can just tell Holtby wants to be the #1 goalie for this team

Don't get too excited... it was Minnesota after all...

Baz

Barring a complete meltdown by the Rangers, looks like it's Pittsburgh vs. Philly in the first round. :smile:

:boxing:

Baz

That will be a great series to watch for sure....:yay:

I need Pitt to win tonight!!!!

They're going to have to play a hell of alot better than they have these past 2 games vs. the Islanders. 2 sloppy turnoverfests in a row is highly uncharacteristic of them, and pretty much killed their chances of stealing the #1 seed from NY.

Hank

my war
They're going to have to play a hell of alot better than they have these past 2 games vs. the Islanders. 2 sloppy turnoverfests in a row is highly uncharacteristic of them, and pretty much killed their chances of stealing the #1 seed from NY.

What was the record against each other this season?

Baz

What was the record against each other this season?

Penguins finished the series 4-2 vs. the Islanders, one of the wins being a shootout victory. The other 3 wins weren't close, with 2 shutouts.

Peter Forsberg

Ooops. Philly is up 3-1, with 2 games left to play this coming week. One of those wins was in OT.
Pens got beatdown again by Philly. Then take runs at players. Nice Slashing Cindy you @itch. Malkin nice crosschecking in the head u got away with. Crosby is fair game now.