Welcome Back NHL

Baz

This. ------------------>
I'm happy with how the game 7s played out. Florida and Ottawa are just too :yawn: for my taste. Should be good second round matchups.

Has Torts started whining about the Caps yet?

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Not me...my girlfriend works Saturday, and I'd like to actually watch the game

:killingme

You my friend are doing it wrong then! I managed to get my g/f hooked on hockey a couple of years ago when the Caps were at home playing the Penguins during one of the Blizzards. She discovered what a good game was and now joins me to watch the games. She knows to leave me alone or to not comment if I check my phone while I am missing a game.

My only issue with the 3 PM start time is that I am usually in the middle of something when the game starts.

Chris0nllyn

You my friend are doing it wrong then! I managed to get my g/f hooked on hockey a couple of years ago when the Caps were at home playing the Penguins during one of the Blizzards. She discovered what a good game was and now joins me to watch the games. She knows to leave me alone or to not comment if I check my phone while I am missing a game.

My only issue with the 3 PM start time is that I am usually in the middle of something when the game starts.

Well, it's not all bad.

During game 7 she watched it with me, and we both jumped up and high-fived each other when Ward scored.

It was a glorious moment.

Last edited:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Well, it's not all bad.

During game 7 she watched it with me, and we both jumped up and high-fived each other when Ward scored.

It was a glorious moment.

That's a good start, now build upon it! It takes time but with a little nurturing and pushing you will get her fully converted into being a good g/f and dedicated fan!

Hank

my war
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

Boston Bruins' Patrice Bergeron played with torn oblique vs. Washington Capitals - ESPN Boston

In the opening minutes of overtime in Game 7, Bergeron had a quality scoring chance but couldn't convert.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said Friday he had no doubt that if Bergeron were healthy, he would have pumped in that goal.

"He was very debilitated from taking faceoffs and I believe, I don't Bergy would ever say it, but I believe that last chance in overtime he couldn't stretch for it because of the oblique. He was in a lot of pain," Chiarelli said.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Just as I said long ago hot goaltending is key but hey I know nothing about hockey. Good Luck in round 2 Caps.
You also can't necessarily blame Holtby for two of those goals. Defense can't let a guy walk right up to the goalie and shoot point blank.

Defense did a poor job on the first goal and especially in the third.

Hank

my war
You also can't necessarily blame Holtby for two of those goals. Defense can't let a guy walk right up to the goalie and shoot point blank.

Defense did a poor job on the first goal and especially in the third.

He wasn't talking about Holtby's performance yesterday... If you notice the post was made before the game... :buddies: