Welcome Back NHL

Hank

my war
Some scary moments for the defense though.

Green was getting chumped in the first period but was able to straighten up for the rest of the game... Wouldn't mind seeing him go after this season, I think his contract is up. What do you think about how Hunter is running his lines? Ovi w/ 13 minutes....Seems to be working.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Much much better game by Holtby. Some scary moments for the defense though.

Moments? How about the whole first period? They looked ridiculous out there scrambling around while Holt-beast was getting pummeled. Glad to see them settle down and start playing the system after that. Amazing how much time and space Ovie had on that shot and then he lasers it right through 2 or 3 defensemen and a goalie! :yahoo:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Green was getting chumped in the first period but was able to straighten up for the rest of the game... Wouldn't mind seeing him go after this season, I think his contract is up. What do you think about how Hunter is running his lines? Ovi w/ 13 minutes....Seems to be working.
I don't like how the best player on the team is limited in his minutes. However, I do agree that he isn't your best defensive offenseman. If your team has a lead, which we did most of the game, I can see the logic. I just hope we don't do this so often as I feel it will be a detriment eventually. Unless, of course, we're up by two goals or more.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

There were so many chances to win, for both sides. Holtby played great, but I think Lundviest (sp?) deserves a bit of pat on the back also. He blocked some pretty stellar shots on goal during a few hard offensive drives.

Great game though! Seems like they are getting better as the series goes on.

Let's hope Saturday ends better than last night.

LordStanley

I know nothing
There were so many chances to win, for both sides. Holtby played great, but I think Lundviest (sp?) deserves a bit of pat on the back also. He blocked some pretty stellar shots on goal during a few hard offensive drives.

Great game though! Seems like they are getting better as the series goes on.

Let's hope Saturday ends better than last night.

:yeahthat:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I am exhausted and heartbroken. BOTH teams deserved to win IMO and it's just unfortunate (and lucky for NY) that it was sudden death and not a full period to determine the outcome. Quite a few nit-picky penalties on us while the refs missed some blatant ones the other way. On to MSG to even it up again!

cricketmd

I am exhausted and heartbroken. BOTH teams deserved to win IMO and it's just unfortunate (and lucky for NY) that it was sudden death and not a full period to determine the outcome. Quite a few nit-picky penalties on us while the refs missed some blatant ones the other way. On to MSG to even it up again!

:yeahthat: Go Caps! :thewave:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?

Great game. I agree both deserved to win. When 2 teams play all out like that and leave it on the ice it's tough to come out on the losing end. I'm not sure about your comment on the penalties - I didn't really think it was lopsided toward one or the other. There's always gonna be missed calls and calls that seem iffy. That's part of the game. For the most part I thought they let 'em play.

Gotta love playoff hockey when games are won by 1 goal. Great entertainment for us fans. Even tho the Caps lost, it was a very exciting game to watch. I'd rather watch a close-scoring, hard-fought loss like last night than a blow out win.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Great game. I agree both deserved to win. When 2 teams play all out like that and leave it on the ice it's tough to come out on the losing end. I'm not sure about your comment on the penalties - I didn't really think it was lopsided toward one or the other. There's always gonna be missed calls and calls that seem iffy. That's part of the game. For the most part I thought they let 'em play.

Gotta love playoff hockey when games are won by 1 goal. Great entertainment for us fans. Even tho the Caps lost, it was a very exciting game to watch. I'd rather watch a close-scoring, hard-fought loss like last night than a blow out win.

Yep, I'm gonna be on blood pressure meds for sure when this is all over!