Whassup Friday nighters???

bcp

In My Opinion
Right now, I have to live Friday night vicariously through y'all...my 14 yr old dog, Oreo, can't be left alone because she is blind and deaf..which means my hub and I cannot be gone at the same time. Also, we have a psycho deaf kitty named Sox that has to be put in the basement if we leave, because he is a bully to our other cat, Tommy. Would not have changed a thing because I love my shelter lovees. (We lost our other dog Cookie to an unknown tumor in Jan.) But, someday I hope to join the outings...plus, having to stay home for now gives me time to build up the courage to attend the Friday outings. I know I probably resemble my psycho kitty considering my debut on the forum...but don't be scared, I am fine now!

We have a girl child that is getting over an illness, so we cant leave her alone for too long, but tonight she went to a party at a friends house so it opened us up for the event.
We do have a cat that has an eating disorder and will always try to sneak into the kitchen to find a crumb on the counter, or something left in the sink, he can and has opened the door to the refrigerator looking for food.. but we lock him in a bedroom when we leave to protect our nutrient stash.

That being said,
The people that attend these functions that I have met so far have been some of the nicest and easiest to get along with people that I have met. A really good crowd.
My wife even had a good time and enjoyed the company,, but then, Im her usual company so,,
Anyway,, I would love to meet more people, and above all others I want to meet the Hank guy just to prove to myself that in real life he is as good a person as everyone else I have met.

Maybe one day....

mamatutu

mama to two
We have a girl child that is getting over an illness, so we cant leave her alone for too long, but tonight she went to a party at a friends house so it opened us up for the event.
We do have a cat that has an eating disorder and will always try to sneak into the kitchen to find a crumb on the counter, or something left in the sink, he can and has opened the door to the refrigerator looking for food.. but we lock him in a bedroom when we leave to protect our nutrient stash.

That being said,
The people that attend these functions that I have met so far have been some of the nicest and easiest to get along with people that I have met. A really good crowd.
My wife even had a good time and enjoyed the company,, but then, Im her usual company so,,
Anyway,, I would love to meet more people, and above all others I want to meet the Hank guy just to prove to myself that in real life he is as good a person as everyone else I have met.

Maybe one day....

I got that feeling that the group was great because they keep meeting every week. I am sorry about your daughter and am glad she seems to be doing better...putting that into perspective, my pets are not important. Thanks for the encouragement to someday meet you nice folks. Oh, yes, and Hank...I want to meet him, too.

Edit: Of course, my pets are important to me, but in comparison to a child...you know what I mean.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
:whistle: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Considering how much I drank again, I might have been remembering things that didn't happen..

I do remember that I, the fat man, did feed on one of the best burgers Ive had since I went veggie,, Oh wait,, damn, I blew it.. but it was a really good burger.

mamatutu

mama to two
Do y'all have DD's or a shuttle bus for these outings? It sounds like y'all are having way too much fun! I can't ruin my perfect driving record at this point!:buddies:

frequentflier

happy to be living
The company is always good and conversation flows. It is always fun!
The food at the Back Creek Bisto was great! I had a big slab of moo-cow and asparagus-:drool: I think everyone was happy with their meals and appetizers. We all share. I passed on the octopus looking thing and oysters, though. Dessert was orgasmic!
As far as DD's- some people drink, some don't. Just about everyone drinks water or tea on the side if they do have alcohol. It is not a big drunkfest - just some forumites who have met and become friends.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The company is always good and conversation flows. It is always fun!
The food at the Back Creek Bisto was great! I had a big slab of moo-cow and asparagus-:drool: I think everyone was happy with their meals and appetizers. We all share. I passed on the octopus looking thing and oysters, though. Dessert was orgasmic!
As far as DD's- some people drink, some don't. Just about everyone drinks water or tea on the side if they do have alcohol. It is not a big drunkfest - just some forumites who have met and become friends.

^That^ We're more about the food than the booze and it's always a good time.

Except BCP - he was really slamming those tequila shots....

:lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
^That^ We're more about the food than the booze and it's always a good time.

Except BCP - he was really slamming those tequila shots....

:lol:
It was great to meet Pan Lady! Had a great time as usual with all the usual suspects.

The chocolate decadence dessert was insanely good!

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
See? I told you guys I was fine. :razz: But Pete insisted on following me home and is now walking the dog, so....yay!
I've got a few pictures of your wobbly dancing to prove that you weren't "fine" :evil:
Those were awesome margaritas. Note to self: 2are just the right number. :lol:
I was enjoying your "after 3 drinks" antics so much that I was going to buy you another one...:razz:

BCP & Pan Lady: Very nice to meet you! Next time y'all can sit down at our end of the table. Some blonde in an orange top was soo loud that I couldn't hear the conversation, so I talked to Bann, FH & FF most of the time. Do Margueritas cause hearing loss? :shrug:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I've got a few pictures of your wobbly dancing to prove that you weren't "fine" :evil:

I was enjoying your "after 3 drinks" antics so much that I was going to buy you another one...:razz:

BCP & Pan Lady: Very nice to meet you! Next time y'all can sit down at our end of the table. Some blonde in an orange top was soo loud that I couldn't hear the conversation, so I talked to Bann, FH & FF most of the time. Do Margueritas cause hearing loss? :shrug:

What?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

What? Dancing on the bar with bcp and Pete to Lady Gaga was a little too much? :banana:

bcp

In My Opinion
What? Dancing on the bar with bcp and Pete to Lady Gaga was a little too much? :banana:

So thats what pan lady has been referring to all day with the,, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST NIGHT?

how many shots into the bottle was I when that happened, and more important, please tell me that I at least had on my pasties.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
You mean: Lady Blah Blah? Anyhow, that had to be the smallest bar in Maryland. What did it seat, 2? Now I know why you were singing: "Oh what a feeling, dancing on the ceiling..." :singer:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do Margueritas cause hearing loss? :shrug:

Margaritas are a super food. Tequila is made from the agave plant, so it's like vegetables. And you get fruit because of the lime. How can anyone take issue with fruit and vegetables? It's healthy - like a kale smoothie only tastes better.