What businesses are missing in Southern Maryland

SamSpade

I keep hoping one of these days they'll build a mall instead of more parking lots and restaurants, but it's probably too late. It may be that malls are things of the past, but the upside of a mall is that it can help support a business that otherwise could not be supported by itself.

For example, you can have a candy store inside a mall that will make money - or any of a host of food court type places - but people will not stop their cars and step inside just to go to someplace like this. You can go to a mall and shop for shoes at about five or six places - but without one you have to drive all over town.

There's pretty much no place to put one down, now.

I keep hoping one of these days they'll build a mall instead of more parking lots and restaurants, but it's probably too late. It may be that malls are things of the past, but the upside of a mall is that it can help support a business that otherwise could not be supported by itself.

For example, you can have a candy store inside a mall that will make money - or any of a host of food court type places - but people will not stop their cars and step inside just to go to someplace like this. You can go to a mall and shop for shoes at about five or six places - but without one you have to drive all over town.

There's pretty much no place to put one down, now.

A mall would not do well here. Besides ruining the rural feeling, it would bring in the crime, filth and every negative aspect we've come to associate with Waldorf and other malls. Many of the stores in Waldorf are empty. If they can't keep them open there, there is no way they would survive here.

I would hate to see a mall in St. Mary's County.

C

czygvtwkr

A mall would not do well here. Besides ruining the rural feeling, it would bring in the crime, filth and every negative aspect we've come to associate with Waldorf and other malls. Many of the stores in Waldorf are empty. If they can't keep them open there, there is no way they would survive here.

A mall would take all the dregs from around the thousands of liqour stores, what are you thinking?

SamSpade

I think if Wildewood had BEEN a Mall, we would NOT have a never ending string of stores and shopping plazas from Hollywood to Lexington Park. The fact that we DON'T have one means that "rural feeling" along this stretch of road has already been destroyed.

It just seems everywhere I go in this county, there's another strip of land being plowed under to make room for yet another shopping center. The thing about a mall is that it makes for efficient use of parking and shipping. You don't have tons and tons of parking space that sits unused most of the year.

lovinmaryland

Cheesecake Factory
Pf Changs
Williams & Sonoma
Wegmans
Trader Joes
In N Out
Jack in the Box
Claim Jumper
Bj's brewery & pizza
24 hour authentic mexican joint (albertos, aibertos, robertos, etc..)

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I think we pretty much have everything..or a way to get it in short order..I would really enjoy a VS a little closer than waldorf, a decent BBQ joint, a nice theatre, and a hookah bar.

But, I have access to these things If I truely want them.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I found out years ago, that that's what Wildewood Center was supposed to be.