What I hate

Well no one likes to be embarrassed, talked about and looked at funny in public because we always judge. So it was good for them to keep the secret for so long. Nosey people like you would have told the entire east coast about them. :smack: I don't know if your nosey or not, just making a general statement. :howdy: Also they kept hope alive for many young couples so actually they did a good deed.

They didn't keep hope alive, they showed everyone that they were good at faking happy and now neither can be trusted....ever, ever again. Okay, a little exaggeration. Still, all they did was show they're good at faking it :yay:

I laugh at those Facebook posts, "I made dinner for my fabulous hubby today, the house smells so good. The kids had fun today too, they did 'blah blah blah' arts and crafts and watched movies until I gave them a bath (they had so much fun), had lots of snuggled then tucked them into bed. And I got all the laundry done too, whew I'm so tired but it's okay, I just love taking care of my family. Now it's time for laughing and cuddling with my wonderful husband...oh life is just so perfect". I mean, who you tryin to convince here? Us or yourself? :ohwell:

Life isn't supposed to be "perfect". I don't know why people set the bar so high that they can't reach it.

Those that a truly happy don't have to brag about it. Just my opinion :smile:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Great, Larry. Now I don't have anymore forum time before work.

:mad:

:lol: :huggy:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Throwing crockery shows great passion. :shrug: I've always wished I was dramatic enough to throw dishes. Just because.

naa the emotional roller-coaster is draining ...

..... my 1st marriage was like this, my ex would hold things inside for months - instead of telling me she was mad - then Explode like some freaking NUKE ...... I'd hear about stuff from 6 months ago

i'd be all :confused: and WTF are you talking about ...

..... it sucked greatly

my 2nd marriage is awesome ......... :yahoo:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As bad as I am at being me, I can't act my way out of a paper bag. Every woman I have ever had a relationship would tell you they knew me, good and bad, in the first few weeks. If not minutes. And what I know about happy relationships would fill a thimble. A small one. :stupid:

:buddies:

it is a female thing, my wife had me down cold in the 1st few weeks ....

FED_UP

They didn't keep hope alive, they showed everyone that they were good at faking happy and now neither can be trusted....ever, ever again. Okay, a little exaggeration. Still, all they did was show they're good at faking it :yay:

I laugh at those Facebook posts, "I made dinner for my fabulous hubby today, the house smells so good. The kids had fun today too, they did 'blah blah blah' arts and crafts and watched movies until I gave them a bath (they had so much fun), had lots of snuggled then tucked them into bed. And I got all the laundry done too, whew I'm so tired but it's okay, I just love taking care of my family. Now it's time for laughing and cuddling with my wonderful husband...oh life is just so perfect". I mean, who you tryin to convince here? Us or yourself? :ohwell:

Life isn't supposed to be "perfect". I don't know why people set the bar so high that they can't reach it.

Those that a truly happy don't have to brag about it. Just my opinion :smile:

Didn't the bar go down when Clinton got a bow gob in the White House. But yea, you are right the standards today are high for society perception and like I said before no one wants to be embarrassed.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I've often wondered about the lovey, dovey couples I see on Facebook....are they really like that in person? I'm willing to be the majority aren't

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know why people set the bar so high that they can't reach it.

I love this and am stealing it for my little bag of pithy phrases. :yay:

I enjoy those "oh I am so happy and my life is so perfect" posts if they really mean it. I always tell Bann and FH that they're so sweet they give me a toothache, and I have both Kom and his wife marked as important on my FB so I don't miss a single installment of their 20+ year romance. You have to be a real malcontent to not smile and feel optimistic in the face of true love and commitment.

But, like you said, the fakers just ruin it. Like faking an orgasm - why wouldn't you just chill out and have the real thing instead of putting all that effort into convincing someone that it's so mindblowing?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
naa the emotional roller-coaster is draining ...

..... my 1st marriage was like this, my ex would hold things inside for months - instead of telling me she was mad - then Explode like some freaking NUKE ...... I'd hear about stuff from 6 months ago

i'd be all :confused: and WTF are you talking about ...

..... it sucked greatly

my 2nd marriage is awesome ......... :yahoo:

I just want to throw dishes. Not because I'm mad. Just because. I want to be that brave and dramatic and stuff. Not worry that - uh oh I just broke the butter dish that great aunt so and so gave us and I need to pick up the pieces before anybody gets cut. I'm so boring.

Maybe I'll ask my husband if he wants to throw dishes too and maybe we can be smart about it and load up the dishes and drive to the the quarry and smash away. I'm sure we'll need safety glasses and gloves though. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe I'll ask my husband if he wants to throw dishes too and maybe we can be smart about it and load up the dishes and drive to the the quarry and smash away. I'm sure we'll need safety glasses and gloves though. :ohwell:

I think that part of the dish throwing satisfaction is in the spontaneity.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Didn't the bar go down when Clinton got a bow gob in the White House. But yea, you are right the standards today are high for society perception and like I said before no one wants to be embarrassed.

No. Standards were down when we elected Bubba. He was SUPPOSED to get sex in office.

Actually, standards were well down before him. LBJ. JFK. Etc...pretty much right after man, and woman, discovered the joys of sex.

We just used to hide it and lie about it. Like how our marriage was doing.

My husband, boyfriend at the time, took me on a private tour of the White House for my 19th birthday (he used to sell jewelry and met a Secret Service Agent who's wife shared the same birthday as me, he arranged it...was pretty awesome) and do you know that during that tour, when they showed us the Oval Office, they actually pointed out where the dirty deed took place?! THIS made it to the tour? Sad...lol

And as for nobody wanting to be embarrassed...would it be more embarrassing for everyone to find out they've been 'faking' happy and shorting themselves true happiness for however long?

I love this and am stealing it for my little bag of pithy phrases. :yay:

I enjoy those "oh I am so happy and my life is so perfect" posts if they really mean it. I always tell Bann and FH that they're so sweet they give me a toothache, and I have both Kom and his wife marked as important on my FB so I don't miss a single installment of their 20+ year romance. You have to be a real malcontent to not smile and feel optimistic in the face of true love and commitment.

But, like you said, the fakers just ruin it. Like faking an orgasm - why wouldn't you just chill out and have the real thing instead of putting all that effort into convincing someone that it's so mindblowing?

Faking an orgasm is just encouraging bad behavior. He'll think you like it and keep doing it.....oh joy :lol:

For some, it's the only way to stay sober.

Don't judge.

:killingme

Stay sober, stay in denial.......call it what you want :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And as for nobody wanting to be embarrassed...would it be more embarrassing for everyone to find out they've been 'faking' happy and shorting themselves true happiness for however long?

^This^

They don't want to be embarrassed by being seen in a relationship that is less than stellar perfect so they fake everyone into believing it is, only to have to eat crow later when the truth comes out.

Those of us who've been married know that it's not 100% peaches and cream every single day of our lives. It doesn't have to be in order for a marriage to be considered happy and successful. (Although now I have the song "Cellblock Tango" running through my head.)