What I hate

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmmm....but I just put dish throwing on my bucket list. It's written in Sharpie. :mad:

You're not violent enough. You either feel the satisfaction of the bowl flying through the air, hitting the wall and POW! shattering into a million shards of deadly shrapnel or you don't. Like a happy marriage, it cannot be faked.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You're not violent enough. You either feel the satisfaction of the bowl flying through the air, hitting the wall and POW! shattering into a million shards of deadly shrapnel or you don't. Like a happy marriage, it cannot be faked.

Yes!!!! Post of the day!!!!

It's like an orgasm; you either know. Or you don't.

FED_UP

My husband, boyfriend at the time, took me on a private tour of the White House for my 19th birthday (he used to sell jewelry and met a Secret Service Agent who's wife shared the same birthday as me, he arranged it...was pretty awesome) and do you know that during that tour, when they showed us the Oval Office, they actually pointed out where the dirty deed took place?! THIS made it to the tour? Sad...lol

And as for nobody wanting to be embarrassed...would it be more embarrassing for everyone to find out they've been 'faking' happy and shorting themselves true happiness for however long?

Faking an orgasm is just encouraging bad behavior. He'll think you like it and keep doing it.....oh joy :lol:

Stay sober, stay in denial.......call it what you want :smile:

OMG, they actually pointed out the location of the dirty deed, that sounds so dysfunctional, did you get a good visual in your head?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OMG, they actually pointed out the location of the dirty deed, that sounds so dysfunctional, did you get a good visual in your head?

At the end of the day, it's JUST a room. pretty much like rooms in everyone's house. I am sure Bubba ain't the first person to get it on in the oval office. Think about that the next time you're sitting on the sofa at a friends house.

:lmao:

^This^

They don't want to be embarrassed by being seen in a relationship that is less than stellar perfect so they fake everyone into believing it is, only to have to eat crow later when the truth comes out.

Those of us who've been married know that it's not 100% peaches and cream every single day of our lives. It doesn't have to be in order for a marriage to be considered happy and successful. (Although now I have the song "Cellblock Tango" running through my head.)

Those of us that have any relationship should know that it's not 100% peaches and cream every single day of our lives. That's just life.

Um no, I was busy looking at the beautiful Christmas tree that was just outside of the office. The office itself it roped off so all you can do is look inside....boring. It's a beautiful office though :smile:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I once got really pissed at my husband and dumped a bowl of candy corn off the deck. He loves candy corn. LOVES it. :coffee:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I’ve had two years of marital bliss here...:banana: Unfortunately we’ve been married for 14 years though. :ohwell:

Last edited:

JLS

This July will be 25 years of being together.. I started dating my spouse a month before I turned 15 and we've been together ever since.. no break ups and getting back together - we've never split up once. It is out there..

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Well that's a bummer. It's still on my bucket list. I might like it once I do it, with my safety glasses, protective gloves and in a location where it won't harm anyone.

As for marriage, some days we don't like each other, but we always love each other. And I think that's perfectly normal. :smile: I love my husband greatly. And I have to give him a lot of credit, as lately there has been a lot of pressure on him to do things for me that he never had to before and he's stepped up to the plate. He's pretty awesome and I'm pretty positive he loves me greatly too.

But what's happy and normal for one couple may not be happy and normal for another. I don't think we can measure the happiness and success of anyone else's marriage by comparing it to our own personal ideals of what is "happy and normal".

frequentflier

happy to be living
Well that's a bummer. It's still on my bucket list. I might like it once I do it, with my safety glasses, protective gloves and in a location where it won't harm anyone.

As for marriage, some days we don't like each other, but we always love each other. And I think that's perfectly normal. :smile: I love my husband greatly. And I have to give him a lot of credit, as lately there has been a lot of pressure on him to do things for me that he never had to before and he's stepped up to the plate. He's pretty awesome and I'm pretty positive he loves me greatly too.

But what's happy and normal for one couple may not be happy and normal for another. I don't think we can measure the happiness and success of anyone else's marriage by comparing it to our own personal ideals of what is "happy and normal".

My feelings exactly. A lot of people don't realize the distinction.

FED_UP

At the end of the day, it's JUST a room. pretty much like rooms in everyone's house. I am sure Bubba ain't the first person to get it on in the oval office. Think about that the next time you're sitting on the sofa at a friends house.

:lmao:

I am not sitting on your and Vrail's sofa anymore. :killingme

Wow! Why would they carry on like that so long?

Likely insecurity. Very often that's what keeps people in relationships long past their expiration date. Unfortunately, that's often (though, to be clear, not always) what motivates people to commit or seek commitment in their relationships to begin with - there's an insecurity inside that wants to be comforted by the notion that this person can't leave me know, or that it will be harder for them to leave me, or that it would somehow be wrong of them to lose interest in me and/or become interested in another.

That's one of the reasons so many relationships are unhealthy, the very structure of the relationship (e.g. as being a committed one, or a marriage) is being used in lieu of what perhaps should be there - for want of better descriptors, purer love, healthier love, which inspires confidence rather than heightens insecurity. Far to often, it seems to me, 'let's get married' means 'I'm scared I'll lose you' more so than it means 'I'm sure you're the one for me and always will be.'

I suppose we can look at in a couple of ways. Insecure love is a strain of love, it's just a particularly unhealthy one and not likely to flourish. Or, people mistake insecurity for love (e.g. out of desperation, because they lack self awareness) even though it's not.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I enjoy those "oh I am so happy and my life is so perfect" posts if they really mean it. I always tell Bann and FH that they're so sweet they give me a toothache, and I have both Kom and his wife marked as important on my FB so I don't miss a single installment of their 20+ year romance. You have to be a real malcontent to not smile and feel optimistic in the face of true love and commitment.

But, like you said, the fakers just ruin it. Like faking an orgasm - why wouldn't you just chill out and have the real thing instead of putting all that effort into convincing someone that it's so mindblowing?

:jet: I'll have to pay your dental bills soon!

But, who knew? A little more than a year ago I was not looking for a relationship, I was taking care of a terminally ill parent & raising my 2 sons.

And now, look at me! :bann:

We are NOT perfect by any means, but it is definitely mindblowing for both of us that it is so wonderful & we are ecstatic about each other.

:dance: