What if Obama wins?

What if Obama wins?

• We have more to fear than just his economic policy - there will be riots in the streets.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • He will completely turn the USA around economically and socially.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • He will cater to special interest groups who will want special favors.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • He will create a greater racial divide than we have ever seen historically.

Votes: 60 61.2%

• Total voters

johnjrval424

He's certainly not going to get elected with my vote but let's just say he does get voted in.

What do you think we have to fear? Will there be special attention given to certain groups? Will he be able to turn the economic situation around?

Let's hear it... And you can choose more than one answer or suggest a poll question for voting.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

So there's only one positive (I'm guessing you meant it in a positive way) and no middle of the road options? :confused:

Beta84

They're out to get us
So there's only one positive (I'm guessing you meant it in a positive way) and no middle of the road options? :confused:

Yeah what happened to the "nothing will change" option or the "it'll be the same as McCain" option.

Plus, nobody voting for McCain will have their votes count in this overly blue state. Makes me sad that I moved from a swing state where my decision mattered :mad:

johnjrval424

Those are all good suggestions - unfortunately, I didn't realize you can't edit the poll questions after you post. Sorry!

Since we are focusing on what would happen if Obama wins, I didn't include anything pertaining to McCain as a choice.

The "we're f*****" option occurred to me but didn't think it was nice. :eyebrow:

JustTheFax

On the Right Side.
If he is elected, God help us if he is.

He will impose Social Security Tax on all income.

He will raise the Long term Capital Gains tax at least 33% maybe as much as 66%

He will start new government programs spending at least $1 Billion more a year.

He will have health issues that will make it so he will not finish his term.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Those are all good suggestions - unfortunately, I didn't realize you can't edit the poll questions after you post. Sorry!

Since we are focusing on what would happen if Obama wins, I didn't include anything pertaining to McCain as a choice.

The "we're f*****" option occurred to me but didn't think it was nice. :eyebrow:

Yeah, but it would have gotten the most votes

johnjrval424

How does her statement mean she's gonna vote for Nobamma? Why anyone would vote for that liberal scary idiot, I don't know. The fear of rioting won't influence my decision.

Good point. I think there will be riots regardless of win or lose. They will riot if he wins because of race and they will riot if he loses because of race. I don't think we stand a chance either way and there isn't a damn thing he will do about it. Just my humble opinion...

backagain39

I keep thinking who will he be inviting to the White House for political dinners if he gets elected.......:yikes:

Our founding fathers will be turning over in their graves.........

Beta84

They're out to get us
:gossip:
I'm voting Obama!!! I think we will be screwed if he doesnt win. JMO!

I don't think there is a substantial difference between Obama and McCain, but Palin is sounding more and more like a tragedy to me. McCain really needs to dump her. All the conservatives are voting for him anyway, so he might as well get a good candidate who knows what's going on outside of Alaska (and Russia/Canada, I guess :lol:).

I think there would be more 'riots' if Obama was elected due to racism, though. McCain would probably pull a 1984 on anyone who rioted :wink: (oh and I'm not complaining...McCain is a badass, I like it...)

Last edited:

johnjrval424

While I would like to think that race would not be an issue in this election, unfortunately, it already has been and Obama has not exactly distanced himself from it. However, that alone does not bother me.

What bothers me, if he should be elected, will be the arrogance that will be displayed by the less-than-upstanding members of our society (both white and black) in claiming that they have somehow accomplished a major coup and that, in some instances, Obama will "take care of them now" because of their race and on that fact alone. There will be tremendous hostility between the races because there will be a fictional sense of entitlement that will exist between the classes and certain members of our society will believe that they have "risen up" and "got over on The Man," whoever this man may be. While these people will most likely be in the minority, unfortunately some of them have the privilege of having access to national media and I am certain will use it to their advantage.

I don't feel threatened at all by the chance that a black man may serve as our President. If he was a qualified applicant, who had a good resume and a proven track record of success, I would entertain voting that person into office, regardless of color. For example, if Colin Powell were running for President, I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Obama, in my opinion, isn't a qualified applicant with a proven track record of success. Quite frankly, there are probably very few politicians who would fit that criteria. However, since we have to play the hand we are dealt, we have two choices and I feel that McCain is the more experienced candidate. While I like Sarah Palin because she appeals to the everyday person, she does need some work and it would be in McCain's best interest to put her through a condensed schedule of classes. I would like to think that America would do well with an "aw shucks" type of Vice President, but I don't think we are ready for it yet and who knows when that might happen.

White people make fun of themselves everyday - just look at all the redneck paraphernalia out there. But, we do it tongue-in-cheek and in a self-deprecating manner, knowing that we don't take ourselves too seriously. However, use it in the context of implying that I'm illiterate or stupid and we will fight! Same thing goes with the "n-word." It is so hated by outsiders that we can't even say it in public anymore, unless we are black and referring to one of our own. This type of double standard is what I fear of Obama becoming President. I fear that unjust standards will be imposed and those who aren't deserving of benefits now will have even more heaped upon them because of someone who wants to show their gratitude to "the people who put them in office."

That's what I fear the most.