What is it about men...

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Pandora said:
To your credit, I am proud of you for not resorting to getting an abortion, wish you the best of luck, but this whole thread smells like an MPD.

Sorry for being a bit clueless but... MPD?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JeweledSkye said:
I said I don't expect them to be a father, and I don't even expect them to be my significant other. Meaning I'm not looking for a relationship or anything of the kind.
Then what *are* you looking for?

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
vraiblonde said:

I simply posted because I was curious as to whether or not someone could explain that behavior to me. I simply fail to understand why men will automatically ignore a girl because she's pregnant, whether she's looking for a relationship or not. It's seems to go something like "Hey, how are you?" "Good" blah blah insert random small talk here. Then they look at the belly and and are like "Well I'll talk to you later" and they never do show their face again. It just strikes me as odd that someone can actually seem like they'd offer an interesting conversation and then the second they notice that you're pregnant, they walk away... especially when they were the ones who initiated the conversation in the first place.

rack'm

Jaded
JeweledSkye said:
I simply posted because I was curious as to whether or not someone could explain that behavior to me.

It boils down to the guy not wanting to take over someone elses problems.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
rack'm said:
It boils down to the guy not wanting to take over someone elses problems.

I can appreciate that... but why automatically jump to the conclusion that you'd be expected to take over someone else's "problems" in the first conversation you're a part of? Especially when said conversation my have absolutely nothing to do with relationships at all. I've noticed guys who come into my work and start talking to me about having their PC worked on/upgraded act this way.

It would seem more logical to me that they would wait until a girl showed an interest to do something like ignore her. I mean... if you're sitting there and talking about music just because you're bored and passing the time, that's not exactly a girl going. "I'm interested... want a kid?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JeweledSkye said:
I can appreciate that... but why automatically jump to the conclusion that you'd be expected to take over someone else's "problems" in the first conversation you're a part of?
Because 9 times out of 10, that's what the woman is looking for, even thought she swears that she's not.

Mojo

JeweledSkye said:
Wow... so much for anyone actually taking a question seriously. Here I was hoping that maybe if I got on a more local forum and posted a legitimate question because I just don't understand men's behavior that I might get a real answer back. The closes thing I've gotten to a real answer was someone accusing me of just trying to get laid, which this post had nothing to do with. x.x

I have been looking for someone to meet up with also. I doesn't even matter to me that you are pregnant. All the women I meet are shallow and only after one thing. I want a woman, not some little girl that had to grow up in daddy's little world. How about we meet up sometime?

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
vraiblonde said:

:yeahthat:

If you're looking for conversation, all you have to do is start talking to more people. Eventually you'll find people with more in common with you that you can hang out with.

It may be that you're presenting yourself (unconsiously) in a manner that suggests that you're looking for more than casual conversation. And as a general rule, 20-somethings are scared crapless of the very idea of a child (and rightfully so.) Few are equipped emotionally or financially to take care of a child and for whatever reason, they may be jumping to conclusions and deciding to walk away.

Just a few thoughts.

Hey Vrai, was that better? :yay:

rack'm

Jaded
JeweledSkye said:
I can appreciate that... but why automatically jump to the conclusion that you'd be expected to take over someone else's "problems" in the first conversation you're a part of? Especially when said conversation my have absolutely nothing to do with relationships at all. I've noticed guys who come into my work and start talking to me about having their PC worked on/upgraded act this way.

It would seem more logical to me that they would wait until a girl showed an interest to do something like ignore her. I mean... if you're sitting there and talking about music just because you're bored and passing the time, that's not exactly a girl going. "I'm interested... want a kid?"

Why wait until your heart gets in the way of a smart decision??

If your nailing momma, you're going to have to deal with baby daddy as well as raise the child.

Older men are more mature and will handle this much better than a younger guy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mojo said:
I have been looking for someone to meet up with also. I doesn't even matter to me that you are pregnant. All the women I meet are shallow and only after one thing. I want a woman, not some little girl that had to grow up in daddy's little world. How about we meet up sometime?
:lol:

Well, there you go, Jeweled! Go get him!

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mojo said:

:jerry:

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
rack'm said:
Why wait until your heart gets in the way of a smart decision??

Hmmm... never thought of it that way. I guess that makes sense. Thank you. :)

See? That wasn't so hard, was it? lol. Now... I'm still curious... what's an MPD?

Mojo

JeweledSkye said:

See? That wasn't so hard, was it? lol. Now... I'm still curious... what's an MPD?

:bawl: does that mean no? I would take care of you, rub your feet all the time and raise the baby as if it were my own.

Toxick

Splat
JeweledSkye said:
I simply posted because I was curious as to whether or not someone could explain that behavior to me. I simply fail to understand why men will automatically ignore a girl because she's pregnant, whether she's looking for a relationship or not.

Here's the cold hard truth.

Men in their twenties who are looking for a wife and family, get one, settle down and buy station-wagons and remove themselves from 'the scene'.

Men in their twenties who are NOT looking for a family are looking for a good time. Typically this involves lingerie, alcohol and tons of lubricated latex.

You, being pregnant, represent exactly what they are hoping to avoid. They are thinking that, even if you're fun now, in less than six months, you are going to be involved with 3AM feedings, binkies, woobies, bassinets, carriages, and doing the whole mom thing.

In other words, you won't be available for dancing at clubs, jello shooters at parties, letting them drink margarita out of your bellybutton, and 7 hour sport-####ing sessions.. Plus you'll be way to tired or preoccupied to exercise your neck muscles - if you know what I'm saying.

And I will have you know that this is not strictly a man thing.

I have many male friends who had children early. Several of them re-entered the dating scene after their marriages (and shackings-up as the case may be) crumbled. It was not uncommon for women to bolt for the door when the subject of their kids came up.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JeweledSkye said:

Multiple Personality Disorder (more that one user-name around here ! )
Go for it ! collect the whole set !!

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Toxick said:
Here's the cold hard truth.

Men in their twenties who are looking for a wife and family, get one, settle down and buy station-wagons and remove themselves from 'the scene'.

Men in their twenties who are NOT looking for a family are looking for a good time. Typically this involves lingerie, alcohol and tons of lubricated latex.

You, being pregnant, represent exactly what they are hoping to avoid. They are thinking that, even if you're fun now, in less than six months, you are going to be involved with 3AM feedings, binkies, woobies, bassinets, carriages, and doing the whole mom thing.

In other words, you won't be available for dancing at clubs, jello shooters at parties, letting them drink margarita out of your bellybutton, and 7 hour sport-####ing sessions.. Plus you'll be way to tired or preoccupied to exercise your neck muscles - if you know what I'm saying.

And I will have you know that this is not strictly a man thing.

I have many male friends who had children early. Several of them re-entered the dating scene after their marriages (and shackings-up as the case may be) crumbled. It was not uncommon for women to bolt for the door when the subject of their kids came up.

Sorry for not including the women, lol.... guess when you're a girl and you're dealing pretty much just guys who act this way around you, you don't think about your own sex doing the same thing. Besides... most bi's and lesbian chicks prolly look at a pregnant woman and automatically assume she's straight, lol.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
FireBrand said:
Multiple Personality Disorder (more that one user-name around here ! )
Go for it ! collect the whole set !!

Hmm... well I didn't ever check the archives to see if this had been discussed... I didn't even know about somd.com until last night, soo... lol.

JeweledSkye

I Make Nerd Look Good
Mojo said:
:bawl: does that mean no? I would take care of you, rub your feet all the time and raise the baby as if it were my own.

I really, really hope you're just joking... or that you have some kind of severe short term memory loss... I have pointed out several times on this thread that I'm not looking for a relationship.