Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Not turn them in but not take them in

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Take them in and hide them

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Sorry guys, it was wrong when we did it to the Japanese, and it would be wrong to do to Muslims. And there are millions upon millions of Muslims who have done no wrong, you cant categorize them on the actions of the evil ones.

You dont round up a religion, or an ethnicity.

I was not alive when we did that to the Japanese but I can see where the government decided to control the situation the best they could. It was a good move back then. After all, the Japanese just bombed the hell out of us. It was common sense to take control and lock them down until we had control. My father was in WW2 and told me some stories. For what it's worth, my daughter in-law is 100% Japanese and I think she is a wonderul person. There's no reason to feel threatened by the Japenese in today's world.

Our current threat here are the radical Muslims. Not all Muslims are bad but we can't give into political pressure to ignore what they did or be scared into thinkint it is wrong to do a little profiling.

If you have a 25 year old Muslim and an 81 year old grandmother standing in line at the airport security line, which one should we be paying more attention to? DUhhhhh! Do you search the Muslim looking guy or the black male in the Army uniform? Gee, that's a no-brainer.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sorry guys, it was wrong when we did it to the Japanese, and it would be wrong to do to Muslims. And there are millions upon millions of Muslims who have done no wrong, you cant categorize them on the actions of the evil ones.

You dont round up a religion, or an ethnicity.

You think it's wrong, what we did to the Japanese, and I'll give you many of them were innocent, BUT what you don't know is what would have happened if they didn't do it.

How many agents were rounded up too?

How many were in the intern camps that had missions to destroy infrastructure, water reservoirs.. etc.. etc.. ?

There's no way to tell as what the Japanese had more than likely planned was defused by interning ALL of them.

Nothing of value was destroyed, no American lives lost on our continent due to sabotage by Japanese agents..

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up

glhs837

Power with Control
Baja, theres different flavors, lots non-violent.

Dork, its a far cry from picking a young Muslim for screening at the airport instead of the 80 year old lady, to mass round-ups. I'm not saying to ignore what happened, or be scared to question suspicious people, but thats not the question.

If the government issued orders for all Muslims to turn them into a processing center, thats would be cool? No.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up

Who did our government come after after they rounded up our THEN enemies?

Nobody, no group, I'm affiliated with has ever attacked our country.. if I was, I SHOULD be worried, but thanks to the ACLU and others they don't have anything to be worried about.

glhs837

Power with Control
You think it's wrong, what we did to the Japanese, and I'll give you many of them were innocent, BUT what you don't know is what would have happened if they didn't do it.

How many agents were rounded up too?

How many were in the intern camps that had missions to destroy infrastructure, water reservoirs.. etc.. etc.. ?

There's no way to tell as what the Japanese had more than likely planned was defused by interning ALL of them.

Nothing of value was destroyed, no American lives lost on our continent due to sabotage by Japanese agents..

We'll never know. What about taking their businesses and selling them was that okay? And never paying them back, until most of them were dead?

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Baja, theres different flavors, lots non-violent.

Dork, its a far cry from picking a young Muslim for screening at the airport instead of the 80 year old lady, to mass round-ups. I'm not saying to ignore what happened, or be scared to question suspicious people, but thats not the question.

If the government issued orders for all Muslims to turn them into a processing center, thats would be cool? No.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. Turn them in and send them back to the litter boxes they came from!

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
I'm pretty much as conservative as you can get, but when our gov't starts deciding that everyone of a certain race or a religion is an enemy it makes me worried.
Our gov't went after no one else after the Japanese were rounded up. My point is simply that we are not immune to atrocities that have been commited in other countries and as as citizens it is our responsiblity to make sure it doesn't happen. A laissez faire attitude about it is quite scary to me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We'll never know. What about taking their businesses and selling them was that okay? And never paying them back, until most of them were dead?

It wasn't fair, but you know what, I wasn't born yet. Would I have done it differently, probably, but back then what they did was acceptable behaviour.

It was OK for them, and it worked for them. We won the war, so they must have done something right.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm pretty much as conservative as you can get, but when our gov't starts deciding that everyone of a certain race or a religion is an enemy it makes me worried.
Our gov't went after no one else after the Japanese were rounded up. My point is simply that we are not immune to atrocities that have been commited in other countries and as as citizens it is our responsiblity to make sure it doesn't happen. A laissez faire attitude about it is quite scary to me.
Who else would they round up?? :confused: The Japanese attacked us, no one else.

Good point Sula, we didnt round up all the Germans, now did we? Or Italians?
The Germans didn't attack us. The Italians didn't attack us.

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Who else would they round up?? :confused: The Japanese attacked us, no one else.

The Germans didn't attack us. The Italians didn't attack us.
I wasn't talking about the Japanese in my original post. Itsbob said that we rounded up no one after the Japanese were. I agreed with him.
All of my comments have been directed at the original question about Muslims.

Cowgirl

I'm pretty disappointed in some of the answers in this thread. :ohwell:

I'm not sure if I'd take them in or not, but I would definitely not turn them in. I guess if they were friends I'd take them in.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I was going to say that.

It wasn't morally right to round up the Japanese like we did. It wasn't constitutionally right to round up the Japanese like we did.

I guess some people love the days of McCarthy.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
My grandparents (in Arlington) had to register as Germans, were very restricted as to travel and weren't allowed to own a radio. My father completed pilot training and got passed over at graduation when everybody else got their wings, wound up as a mechanic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would take them in and hide them, if I knew they weren't bad people.

If they were bad people, I would turn them in.

If I wasn't sure, I would turn them away but not report them.