Votes: 26 40.6%
  • Not turn them in but not take them in

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Take them in and hide them

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont think anyone was randomly taking people in without some knowledge of who they are, or someone to vouch for them. Mouse? What makes you think that one Muslim man your freind met spoke for ALL of them? See, again, and repeatedly, this is where this falls apart.

This constant grouping of all Muslims together. Thats like grouping all Christians together, and just as silly. Would it be just Middle Eastern Muslims? How about Philipino Muslims? Nigerian Muslims? How about Turkish ones? Lets not forget Pakistan, India, and Indonesia.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Say if the United States Government decided to start rounding up Muslims in this country and it was mandatory to turn them over. What would you do if you were approached by a Muslim family and asked if they could hole up in your house and hide?

I don't know which is scarier, the question or the results. :faint:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I don't know which is scarier, the question or the results. :faint:

I find it fascinating, but not overly surprising.

I would like to think that I would have it in me to protect and hide an innocent family, but who really knows? :shrug:

The things kids make you think about. :nerd:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• child.jpg
    child.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 73
  • child1.jpg
    child1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 71
  • child%2Bterrorist.jpg
    child%2Bterrorist.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 70
  • childterrorist.jpg
    childterrorist.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 69
  • child-terrorist.jpg
    child-terrorist.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 69

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Some people seem to lead very sheltered lives.
:yeahthat: Some people have never been out of the country. They have been sheltered all their lives. They don't understand other cultures at all, only what very little they've been exposed to in their comfy lil American hometown.

Lets hope they never get their eyes blown open again :9/11:.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
:yeahthat: Some people have never been out of the country. They have been sheltered all their lives. They don't understand other cultures at all, only what very little they've been exposed to in their comfy lil American hometown.

Boy 1 - 11th grade - says most of his peers suffer from "9/10 mentality". The old arrogance that nothing will ever happen - it was a fluke - etc.

Cowgirl

I was coming at it from the other direction. Some people don't realize there are many muslims out there who don't agree with what the terrorists are doing. There are hardworking, honest muslims right here in the good old US that have nothing to do with the extremists.

glhs837

Power with Control

Not me, I'm certainly not sheltered. Ive lived in Saudi, and the Phiilipines, Sicily, and visited Somalia, and a boatload of other countries to boot from El Savlador to ARgentina. Turkey and Israel amongst them. I know perfectly well there are evil people teaching their children evil things. I also know most folks, no matter where you go, just want to live thier lives in peace.

I refuse to stereotype all of ANY group based on some of that group. That way lives evil also. Judge people on actions, not who shares a belief with them. I'm done with this, and must admit I'm ashamed to hear this many people think this way.

I'm one of the most conservative people I know, and have no issue with killing our enemies, Ive served this country since 1983 as an ordnanceman, not the most liberal of jobs, but right matters, folks. Always.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I was coming at it from the other direction. Some people don't realize there are many muslims out there who don't agree with what the terrorists are doing. There are hardworking, honest muslims right here in the good old US that have nothing to do with the extremists.
Gee, I must've missed them denouncing the attacks of their brethern.
Or were they the ones dancing in the street after the attacks?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not me, I'm certainly not sheltered. Ive lived in Saudi, and the Phiilipines, Sicily, and visited Somalia, and a boatload of other countries to boot from El Savlador to ARgentina. Turkey and Israel amongst them. I know perfectly well there are evil people teaching their children evil things. I also know most folks, no matter where you go, just want to live thier lives in peace.

I refuse to stereotype all of ANY group based on some of that group. That way lives evil also. Judge people on actions, not who shares a belief with them. I'm done with this, and must admit I'm ashamed to hear this many people think this way.

I'm one of the most conservative people I know, and have no issue with killing our enemies, Ive served this country since 1983 as an ordnanceman, not the most liberal of jobs, but right matters, folks. Always.
Thank you for your service. :patriot:

As Bresamil said, the 9/10 mentality is still abundant. Like em or hate em, Bush kept the fighting on their soil after 9/11. We show the slightest sign of complacency and they'll nail us again harder than before. Mark my words.

glhs837

Power with Control
Gee, I must've missed them denouncing the attacks of their brethern.
Or were they the ones dancing in the street after the attacks?

Just like the nutjobs protesting here in DC during the G8 summit, what you se in the street isnt always whats in the houses around them.

M

Mousebaby

At this point in my life, the morning of 9-11-01 was without a doubt one of the worst mornings of my life! I have never cried so much and wished to God there was something I could do to make all those people's suffering go away. I will NEVER forget what those "things" did to us. I cannot forget. I wish to God I could get those images out of my head. It was only by shear miracle my husband was not at the Pentagon that day in the very place that plane hit. No I will never forget and I will never forgive. If I had the power myself to go blow those sons of biatches off the face of the earth they would have been gone long ago!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
A friend of mine told me she knew a muslim man and they see americans as the devil. Why in God's name are they in OUR country if they feel that way?

I will treat them the same way they would treat us. Nuff said.

I know several muslim families.

Some that came to this country for the freedom both civil and religious that was offered. They didn't want their children to be taught that America was the devil and the girls beaten for learning to read (and more). They love America, and wish their homeland was more free and open.

And I also know a lady who was highly educated and given lots of liberties in her home country of Saudi Arabi. She's in this country to learn more and take it back to her home country and share.

I also know several American born people who at some point or another in their lives converted to Islam. From what I understand they are as confused and upset about the extremists that attacked, probably even more so. Because their G-d is loving one and kind, and they don't understand how their religious text became so perverted in the hands of a few. They see this as a very dangerous cult.

As for me personally, I don't think the US would be just in making such a request. I believe it's unfair and illegal. I would report an citizen that I believed was doing anything illegal. But this country was founded on the pursuit of religious freedom. If this was a valid law request coming from the government, then this would no longer be the US, the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Amendments must have all been burned. We would no longer be a free and a diverse country, and would be being run by some regime or another. I would be too busy living a scene from Red Dawn and trying my damndest to make it to a free country to worry about anyone else, but if it was within my ability I'd help any person be free.

BuddyLee

Football addict
There are more muslims in the world as a whole than Christians or anyone else. Middle Eastern muslims actually make up a small percent. Extremeists make up an even smaller number.

ylexot

Super Genius
I'd hide them because if the gov did this, it would no longer be my government.

Oh, and I'd start working on getting out of the country.

Last edited: