What would you do?

Would you keep the money?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Call it what you will...

vraiblonde said:
Karma - I'm superstitious about it too. I just know if I do something dishonest, bad things will happen to me as payback.

...the right thing to do, the karma thing to do or simply the smart thing to do,
that kind of money doesn't just fall into your lap and no one looks for it.

Buy lottery tickets; the odds are the same as finding $200k at your feet and there is no question that you get to keep it.

sockgirl77

Larry Gude said:
...is no different than a thief.

If that's not good enough, anyone who would keep it is STUPID.

In this day and age, if a security camera didn't catch it being lost and/or your dumb ass picking it up then simply having that kind of money is gonna catch up with you sooner or later.

That's even more moronic. While I'd love to have $200,000 in cash, that's no lifetime fortune unless you plan on scooping fries your whole life. In the mean time, being the bum who tried to keep something that didn't belong to you, you're kinda ensuring that fries are your future.

So, at the end of the day, if only for practical reasons, you give back something you weren't gonna be able to keep in the first place and maybe you get a reward AND keep your self respect.

We were picking one of the kids up and a friend the other night and as the friend approached the car, she spotted a wallet on the ground. She INSTANTLY turned around to take it back into class to see if she could find the owner. It wasn't hers and she had ZERO problem figuring that one out.

I love it when right rears its pretty head.

Anyone ever keep something like this that wasn't yours? A wallet?

I found one once, a fat wallet, I was a young punk teen and thought about keeping it for a few minutes. I turned it in but to this day I still feel like a piece of #### when I think I was even thinking about keeping it.

At the end of the day, it's all about you:

If you do the right thing even when no one is watching, you have something no one can take from you; good character.

If you're character is conditional then you are stuck living with what you do when no one is watching far longer than any amount of money will be around. Of course, if you have poor character, you'll figure a way to justify yourself just fine.

Lastly, if you're just a crook no matter what, at least you're consistent and not trying to pretend you're something you're not, either to yourself or to anyone else.
:yay:

Attachments

• soapbox.jpg
    soapbox.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
baileydog said:
From the looks of things around here, it seems about 70% of us are theives.
Not necessarily, NMCI is not letting me vote, and I'm sure that's why Jazz hasn't cast hers yet either.

Ironic that this poll should come about today. Hubby and I went shopping at Walmart yesterday and found a purse. Not that we checked for money, but the what if. We turned it in to a Walmart manager, but the guy seemed like he was a few cards short of a deck. There was a pharmacy prescription and her phone was right on top, so I told him that her name was more than likely on the prescription and that her phone may have the ICE (thanks to the forum for me knowing this bit of info) and they could contact her point of emergency. He just stared at me. Humor me for God's sake, say, yep we'll do what we can to put the poor lady's mind at ease. Instead, they probably will put it in a desk drawer and wait for the woman to call them frantic over losing her purse. :ohwell:

For the cliffnotes version : Found a purse and turned it in. :lol:

sockgirl77

teverheart2002 said:
I would have done the same thing. Finding a purse is totally different than finding $200,000 in cash laying around.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
teverheart2002 said:
Ironic that this poll should come about today. Hubby and I went shopping at Walmart yesterday and found a purse. Not that we checked for money, but the what if. We turned it in to a Walmart manager, but the guy seemed like he was a few cards short of a deck. There was a pharmacy prescription and her phone was right on top, so I told him that her name was more than likely on the prescription and that her phone may have the ICE (thanks to the forum for me knowing this bit of info) and they could contact her point of emergency. He just stared at me. Humor me for God's sake, say, yep we'll do what we can to put the poor lady's mind at ease. Instead, they probably will put it in a desk drawer and wait for the woman to call them frantic over losing her purse. :ohwell:

Why did you leave her purse with morons? Why didnt you look for info like a checkbook with the phone # on it or like you said the cell phone. You could of handed it to her directly.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Not necessarily, NMCI is not letting me vote, and I'm sure that's why Jazz hasn't cast hers yet either.
:yeahthat: Count me as a definite NO until I can vote. Regardless of the circumstances or who I thought it belonged to, I could never, EVER keep it.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Finding a purse is different. Its got your dr license, credit cards, check book, ect. What a pain in the ass to replace. I always return purses. But Id still keep the bag of cash.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Calling all money keepers...the good guys are catching up in the poll. Its a conspericy? (sp) they are trying to make us look bad.