What would you do?

Would you keep the money?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

sockgirl77

elaine said:
How much cash would it be safe to carry and still be considered "good"?
Excuse the hell out of me for being a realist! Get your head out of the clouds. Who in the hell has that much cash on them? Also, if the money was for good use, it would have been reported missing!!!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
baileydog said:
Calling all money keepers...the good guys are catching up in the poll. Its a conspericy? (sp) they are trying to make us look bad.

Why are we making you look bad? And Otter is on the "good" side, he wouldn't keep the money.

slotted

Talk about some bad Karma if you keep it.

On the other hand, finding it might be good Karma just catching back up to you. :confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sockgirl77 said:
Excuse the hell out of me for being a realist! Get your head out of the clouds. Who in the hell has that much cash on them? Also, if the money was for good use, it would have been reported missing!!!

I asked a realistic question, considering your viewpoint. Why can't you simply answer it? Why are you being so defensive?

baileydog said:
Why did you leave her purse with morons? Why didnt you look for info like a checkbook with the phone # on it or like you said the cell phone. You could of handed it to her directly.
I probably would have done that, but the hubby told me to leave it with them. Less liability that way though I hate to think of it in that way. What if she said that she was missing money?? Sometimes it is more of a hassle if you aren't the owner of the establishment that the purse was left at.

sockgirl77

elaine said:
I asked a realistic question, considering your viewpoint. Why can't you simply answer it? Why are you being so defensive?
Because I am a defensive person. :shrug:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Larry Gude said:
MUCH better to have some nice, friendly old drug dealer hunting you down after killing one of his guys who screwed up rather than some mean old senile grandma.

Come on, Steve. How likely is it that $200,000 is NOT going to be looked for.

And found.
You're camera theory is a little bit paranoid. Assuming you were captured on video picking up an unidentified bag, how on earth do you expect law enforcement to coordinate so seemlessly as to find you out of thousands upon thousands? "Theft by finding" is not any law that I'm aware of in the U.S., so I doubt the police would feel overly sympathetic towards whoever lost the money.

If it did belong to some nefarious underworld kingpin, how exactly would they track me down? By the same video camera? By seeing me pick it up? It wouldn't have been lost then. Maybe I'll run around town and brag about it in all the gin joints, and Vinny will hear about it.

Come on, if I found a bag with $20 in it or $200,000, no one would find me after the fact, and not because I'm hiding. I guess that makes me of lesser character than you.

sockgirl77

elaine said:
Okay. Then be defensive, but answer the question. Would $5000. be okay to have on you?
I could see someone decent having $5000 on them on the way to make a bank deposit. But, they would report it missing or retrace their tracks within minutes!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
sockgirl77 said:
What about if you kept the money and donated it to some charity? Still make you a bad person?
:shrug:
Yes, it's not your money.
It's not you money if you buy drugs with it.
It's not your money if you donate it to the Red Cross.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Steve said:
Come on, if I found a bag with $20 in it or $200,000, no one would find me after the fact, and not because I'm hiding. I guess that makes me of lesser character than you.
How about the two of us take that $20 and spend it at the Renn Fest? :really: :getdown: :banana:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Larry could just turn it in when he got pulled over. :lmao:

I'd turn it in. I think that the cops have some property laws about if nobody claims it it's yours after a while, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. Otherwise I'd be thinking of a little old lady eating cat food with the heat turned down, or the drug gangsta lookin' fo to pop a cap in my azz.

After it's laundered through the authorities it's all good!

sockgirl77

Steve said:
I guess that makes me of lesser character than you.
No, it makes you an honest person. Larry has no effing clue what he'd do if he found $200,000 in cash. I'm sure that he has never been in the situation. None of us has. It's probably a bit different when you are sitting in front of the cash.

Attachments

• crazy-eyes-dollar.jpg
    crazy-eyes-dollar.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 65

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sockgirl77 said:
I could see someone decent having $5000 on them on the way to make a bank deposit. But, they would report it missing or retrace their tracks within minutes!

So, hypothetically, it would be okay to be a small time neighborhood weed dealer with 5K in his pocket, but not someone who has 50k in his pocket to make a donation to chairty anonymously.

Thanks for clearing that up.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
teverheart2002 said:
I probably would have done that, but the hubby told me to leave it with them. Less liability that way though I hate to think of it in that way. What if she said that she was missing money?? Sometimes it is more of a hassle if you aren't the owner of the establishment that the purse was left at.

What liability? Heres your purse with all your ID and no money, sorry. Be happy you get it back. Tell them thats the way you found it.

sockgirl77

elaine said:
So, hypothetically, it would be okay to be a small time neighborhood weed dealer with 5K in his pocket, but not someone who has 50k in his pocket to make a donation to chairty anonymously.

Thanks for clearing that up.
QUIT PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!
:tantrum