What's for dinner?

rio

I just don't know. Got a little bit of this and that in the fridge that needs to be eaten, or Lucky Charms, or some basic cheese and salsa nachos, or PB&J.

Blister

Chicken, bell pepper, and mushroom Kebabs air fried in the oven. Turned out good, we don't have "air-fryer", but our new oven has an Air-fry mode. All of the recipes that I can find online are for a stand alone air-fryer. It seems like I have to cook at a higher temp. setting for just a bit longer. I assume that is because of a larger volume in the oven.

Reactions: rio

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Salad with cut up chicken in it, French dressing and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

I had to share the strawberry shortcake with Ruby.

SamSpade

Last night was baby girl's request for birthday dinner - panang curry chicken thighs and rice. Sounds simple but took days.

Tonight the request was just burgers and fries.

rio

Lemon-Butter Scallops and flounder, rice pilaf and green beans with an iced tea.
I hope your scallops were better than the ones I had. We went to Wilkerson's in Colonial Beach. I ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops. The were rubbery and the sauce was watery. I sent them back and just had it removed from the bill. I'd lost my appetite for them and Mr. Rio had already finished eating before the waitress came back to check on us.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I hope your scallops were better than the ones I had. We went to Wilkerson's in Colonial Beach. I ordered the grilled shrimp and scallops. The were rubbery and the sauce was watery. I sent them back and just had it removed from the bill. I'd lost my appetite for them and Mr. Rio had already finished eating before the waitress came back to check on us.
Yeah, they don’t lend themselves well to overcooking.

I used a sauté pan to sear them first then put the prepped flounder in around the outside edges and popped it in the oven for 12 minutes. Everything finished without overcooking.

Worst problem I’ve had with scallops lately, bought some prepackaged sea scallops at Harris Teeter a while back. Even after triple rinsing, they tended to come out gritty.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Center cut sirloin steak, baked potato with sour cream, asparagus, fried onions, and sautéed mushrooms. … Oh, and those Hawaiian rolls.

The Keylime pie is still chilling in the fridge.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We're lucky that Chief's regularly has fresh scallops and shrimp that are always top notch quality.