What's for dinner?

rio

We're lucky that Chief's regularly has fresh scallops and shrimp that are always top notch quality.
I would do that for the shrimp maybe, but I never have made scallops at home. I'm the only one who eats them, so I just get them when we go out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I would do that for the shrimp maybe, but I never have made scallops at home. I'm the only one who eats them, so I just get them when we go out.
My wife does not eat scallops or shrimp..heck, she hardly eats any kind of "seafood"; totally a "meat and taters" gal......so I fix that kind of seafood stuff when we have guests in for the weekend. The rest of our family is all about seafood.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
0519241756~2.jpg

rio

My wife does not eat scallops or shrimp..heck, she hardly eats any kind of "seafood"; totally a "meat and taters" gal......so I fix that kind of seafood stuff when we have guests in for the weekend. The rest of our family is all about seafood.
Most of my family is in Kansas, and the only ones who visit are not big on seafood. It cracks me up that my mother-in-law's family were watermen in Galesville, but she and my F-I-L will not eat any seafood, unless you count fried catfish as seafood 😂

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Most of my family is in Kansas, and the only ones who visit are not big on seafood. It cracks me up that my mother-in-law's family were watermen in Galesville, but she and my F-I-L will not eat any seafood, unless you count fried catfish as seafood 😂
My wife grew up outside Olympia WA, right on the water! Her Dad was a seafood fanatic and there certainly were lots of seafood options to be had. But the only "seafood" she'll enjoy eating is halibut, salmon fixed certain ways, and, locally, white perch (prepared using an old Evan's Seafood recipe..go figure..). And that...is it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I haven't had a good baked potato in a long time, the wife insists on nuking them so the skin never crisps up. When I made them it was give them a good coating of bacon grease and a sprinkle of crunchy salt and bake for at least an hour.
I put them on the grill on a high rack until crispy.

Reactions: rio

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I met @BadGirl at Pier450 for the special Spinucci dinner. He used to run Spinnakers way before it morphed into SALT. Dinner was delicious! Crab bignets, Chicken Cremini with asparagus and tiramisu for dessert. Urp...

Leftovers for dinner tomorrow!
I had such a great meal, and an even better dinner partner. It was a really fun time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did ribs and brisket in the smoker. The ribs were terrific but the brisket was a fail. I'll end up recooking it for stew or chili.