What's for dinner?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've been wanting to do this for a while. Had a NY strip roast about 3 pounds. Put the roast in a vacuum bag with a packet of Liptons soup mix, and did the sous vide thing for about 6 hours at 118 degrees. Then onto a rotisserie on the grill at 550 degrees indirect heat to put a crust on it. Only took 15-20 minutes to crust it. Carved a nice one-and-change inch-thick slice, served with horseradish sauce and au jus. It was as good as any premium prime rib, tender. I really wanted to do this with a bone-in prime rib I have, but wanted to experiment so as not to ruin the prime rib.

View attachment 164166 View attachment 164167
So the doc tells me that if I eat too much red meat my ammonia level goes high, think I’d risk it.

Who knew you had ammonia in your body?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've been wanting to do this for a while. Had a NY strip roast about 3 pounds. Put the roast in a vacuum bag with a packet of Liptons soup mix, and did the sous vide thing for about 6 hours at 118 degrees. Then onto a rotisserie on the grill at 550 degrees indirect heat to put a crust on it. Only took 15-20 minutes to crust it. Carved a nice one-and-change inch-thick slice, served with horseradish sauce and au jus. It was as good as any premium prime rib, tender. I really wanted to do this with a bone-in prime rib I have, but wanted to experiment so as not to ruin the prime rib.

View attachment 164166 View attachment 164167
This made the best omg rare roast beef sammich ever. Rye bread, mayo, tomato and shaved beef. :yum:

I got a French bread, so tomorrow is French dip day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yesterday I got Nashville Hot fried chicken from Publix, and today I made a green salad topped with the chicken, ranch dressing, and blue cheese crumbles.

Mmmmmm..... :yum:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Popeye's chicken and cole slaw. There was a sign on the road, "Raspberry Beignet". Ooo.. Got to the counter... big ad on the tv monitor, "Raspberry Beignet". OOoooooo. Place my order. "Anything else, sir?" "Yeah, 3 Raspberry Beignets".

"Sorry, we actually don't have those anymore...."

BUT...BUT...BUT....... aw nutz... :ohwell:

PJay

When I read above I saw this face..
Mad Movie GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Tonight I have a houseful, so spaghetti steamed broccoli.

Cause it's cheap.

And granddaughter requested.