whats up with???

meangirl

Nice lady!
Did anyone read the exclusive update at www.stmarystoday.com?

The officer in this dog shooting case has been involved in as many as three dog shootings, including one instance when a dog was shot with a shotgun in broad daylight in a townhouse community – more details coming after we pry them from the Charles County Sheriff’s Office ... One by one this officer is ridding the county of scary dogs.

M

missperky

itsbob said:
I would guess those seven casings weren't from the officers gun, but were being used by the news crew for dramatic effect.. and reading these posts, it all worked just the way they hoped it would..

Jeebus f'in christ.. it was a DOG not a little kid... an animal, and people on here are talking about shooting the deputy. You weren't there, you don't know the situation he was in, or what the dog did or didn't do, but you don't hesitate to pass judgement against the deputy.

I'll say it again, and another idiot can send me red.. I'm backing the deputy until I see any evidence that proves otherwise.

It might be a dog, but to some people they are actually PETS. And there are some people in this world that love dogs like their children.
Come into my yard and my dogs are gonna react the same way, he did not belong there.

Pandora

itsbob said:
Jeebus f'in christ.. it was a DOG not a little kid... an animal, and people on here are talking about shooting the deputy. You weren't there, you don't know the situation he was in, or what the dog did or didn't do, but you don't hesitate to pass judgement against the deputy.

I never said I'd shot the deputy but at the very least he'd be saying

"Sheriff's Office, how can I assist you?" for a very long time.

Bob,

I worked in law enforcement for a decade and a half, none of those officers ever shot a dog. This man has shot 3 in 8 years. Sounds like they have a deputy afraid of dogs.

My father was a tax assessor for about 7 years and never once felt he needed to take a gun out and shot a dog. He ran many times.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
itsbob said:
I would guess those seven casings weren't from the officers gun, but were being used by the news crew for dramatic effect.. and reading these posts, it all worked just the way they hoped it would..

I'll say it again, and another idiot can send me red.. I'm backing the deputy until I see any evidence that proves otherwise.

I won't send you red. Let them shoot K'mhere...or however you say it...But if he'd cap a dog that quick who knows how quick he'd shoot a kid or another human.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Pandora said:

Bob,

I worked in law enforcement for a decade and a half, none of those officers ever shot a dog. This man has shot 3 in 8 years. Sounds like they have a deputy afraid of dogs.
I don't know what he'd be doing, or if I had a say what I would force him to do, as I don't know what happened at the house other than what the emotional family members tell us (that weren't there) and the press that is trying to make this out as bad as possible for the Deputy.. Too one sided a story so far, and I would hope our Sherrif will stand by his deputy until the evidence proves otherwise, and not be a leader like the Chief in Los Angeles who has his cops strung up before the news gets on the TV..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
cattitude said:
I won't send you red. Let them shoot K'mhere...or however you say it...But if he'd cap a dog that quick who knows how quick he'd shoot a kid or another human.
As he even unholstered his weapon against a human yet? How many complaints have been filed against him on manhandling or abusing or mistreating people or kids?

This is starting to sound eerily familiar..

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
itsbob said:
As he even unholstered his weapon against a human yet? How many complaints have been filed against him on manhandling or abusing or mistreating people or kids?

This is starting to sound eerily familiar..

Whatever..I'll take a dog over a human ANY DAY. Nite Bobbby :love:

smcop

Pandora said:

Bob,

My father was a tax assessor for about 7 years and never once felt he needed to take a gun out and shot a dog. He ran many times.
Or maybe this guy is on a warrant squad and comes in contact with a lot of angry dogs for fugitives he is looking for! I don't know and neither do you! If you were in law enforcement you will know that when a domestic animal is killed, an internal investigation is done! I don't know the facts and am not sticking up for the officer, I am only saying allow those with the facts to make a determination as to the appropriateness of the officers actions!

M

missperky

smcop said:
Or maybe this guy is on a warrant squad and comes in contact with a lot of angry dogs for fugitives he is looking for! I don't know and neither do you! If you were in law enforcement you will know that when a domestic animal is killed, an internal investigation is done! I don't know the facts and am not sticking up for the officer, I am only saying allow those with the facts to make a determination as to the appropriateness of the officers actions!

Angry dogs on tie outs? That must be scary..:lmao:

I'm just kidding. :sarcasm:

smcop

missperky said:
Angry dogs on tie outs? That must be scary..:lmao:

I'm just kidding. :sarcasm:
I don't know Miss Perky. I have read a lot of stuff on these threads that I know isn't true, but can't comment because of on going investigations. All I am saying about this dog issue, is we don't have all the facts, but those who are investigating the poor unfortunate dog owners complaint will! I have absolute faith in an internal affairs division in handling a complaint against a police officer fairly and accurately.

M

missperky

smcop said:
I don't know Miss Perky. I have read a lot of stuff on these threads that I know isn't true, but can't comment because of on going investigations. All I am saying about this dog issue, is we don't have all the facts, but those who are investigating the poor unfortunate dog owners complaint will! I have absolute faith in an internal affairs division in handling a complaint against a police officer fairly and accurately.

I was just kidding. Like you I have no clue.

IMO

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Actions and how you account for them are what make a man. You don't automatically start with respect; you earn respect by being moral and kind and doing the next best right thing. You then continue to follow a path which allows you to keep the respect you've established.

An officer of peace and law should be respected. He should also respect. He should practice some magnitude of fairness and have assessed a situation completely before impulse action is taken. He should be kind unless he is in immediate danger and without a way to retreat.

Any moral human being would know that multiple shots is in excess to kill even a charging bear, much less a family pet. This seems especially true when it involves a bound up family pet that may or may not be doing what he felt was his duty, which was to protect his people and property.

I don't know, is what I have to say to you naysayers, how this officer's actions can be justified. If this was truly some sort of self-defense, the officer's actions could have been prevented by considerate actions on his part. He could have called Animal Control intervention at the first sign of threat. He could have called for back up. He could have walked away.

He could have made a statement by now.

The dog may have been just a dog to some of you. My girls are not just dogs to me. They've been a blessing to me and are a major component of my family. I value them over most and choose to be around them as humans fail to be, well what you'd expect to be, of humans.

If someone did what the officer allegedly did was drowning along side one of my girls and I had the chance to save just one - I'd be sure to tell his family that he waded well for a while... :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Woodyspda said:
That has got to be the most ignorant statement I've read on here. I guarantee that that sh&^head cop would have shot him even if he was fenced in. This is a case of an overzealous individual who did not follow procedure and will hopefully lose his job. I know of MANY friends who keep their LARGE dogs inside invisible fences. Does this mean that my dog will have a death sentence if she's visiting my friend's house while I'm out of town??? She will be on a wireless collar and WILL bark at you as you approach the property....... does this warrant shooting her?????? .

Yes, yes it does.. what is a cop, or a citizen supposed to do in your scenario.. wait until the dog jumps and bites them or waits and see if MAYBE there's a wireless fence there.. Big dog running barking and growling across an open yard.. how's anybody supposed to KNOW there is an invisivble fence between the dog and them?

smcop

virgovictoria said:
Actions and how you account for them are what make a man. You don't automatically start with respect; you earn respect by being moral and kind and doing the next best right thing. You then continue to follow a path which allows you to keep the respect you've established.

An officer of peace and law should be respected. He should also respect. He should practice some magnitude of fairness and have assessed a situation completely before impulse action is taken. He should be kind unless he is in immediate danger and without a way to retreat.

Any moral human being would know that multiple shots is in excess to kill even a charging bear, much less a family pet. This seems especially true when it involves a bound up family pet that may or may not be doing what he felt was his duty, which was to protect his people and property.

I don't know, is what I have to say to you naysayers, how this officer's actions can be justified. If this was truly some sort of self-defense, the officer's actions could have been prevented by considerate actions on his part. He could have called Animal Control intervention at the first sign of threat. He could have called for back up. He could have walked away.

He could have made a statement by now.

The dog may have been just a dog to some of you. My girls are not just dogs to me. They've been a blessing to me and are a major component of my family. I value them over most and choose to be around them as humans fail to be, well what you'd expect to be, of humans.

If someone did what the officer allegedly did was drowning along side one of my girls and I had the chance to save just one - I'd be sure to tell his family that he waded well for a while... :ohwell:
I absolutely agree with your first two paragraphs! And I am not talking about this specific incident, but will tell you that an officers shoots until the threat is stopped! I am not making a judgement on this because I don't know!

I have been in situations where I have been attacked by dogs and was fortunate that I only had to pepper spray the dog. I also have had to put a dog down for humanitarian reasons! This was an extremely difficult thing for me to do because I like you, feel dogs are valuable and more than mere animals!

What I am saying about this incident is we don't have the facts and I am reserving judgement until all the facts are out and both sides are told!

makm

I Have pictures

I am new here and have visited a few times , I wanted to let you guys know that I have pictures of what happened to our family dog and would be more than ready to share them with anyone who would like to see them. The pictures where taken when the police where still there. I know if you all saw the evidence for yourself you would know why we are pushing this . We have had calls to our home asking us to please go threw with all of this because they work with him and he is no good. Nobody has left a name in fear of there own job. Of course we understand that they would not want to go against there own (people)We are not saying police are bad because most are good but there are bad ones that are protected for the sake of the department. I will not send any pictures of max that show his uper half of his body for respect of MAX but I can show you that the chain did not just break and a few more details. We just want this guy off the streets . The warrant was for missed childsupport , I agree is very bad but after knocking on two doors he could have not walked passed max to go to a third. Someone was home 1 hour later. He could have called animal control if he really felt he needed to knock on the third door but I guess he thought walking passed our dog after knowing he was there! He should have had his ass bit, Max was protecting his home , on his tie, at our back garage door. Please feel free to ask for pictures , I am doing this for the love of MAX.

R.I.P MAX MATTIA 01-17-2001 - 05-15-2007

M

missperky

makm said:
I am new here and have visited a few times , I wanted to let you guys know that I have pictures of what happened to our family dog and would be more than ready to share them with anyone who would like to see them. The pictures where taken when the police where still there. I know if you all saw the evidence for yourself you would know why we are pushing this . We have had calls to our home asking us to please go threw with all of this because they work with him and he is no good. Nobody has left a name in fear of there own job. Of course we understand that they would not want to go against there own (people)We are not saying police are bad because most are good but there are bad ones that are protected for the sake of the department. I will not send any pictures of max that show his uper half of his body for respect of MAX but I can show you that the chain did not just break and a few more details. We just want this guy off the streets . The warrant was for missed childsupport , I agree is very bad but after knocking on two doors he could have not walked passed max to go to a third. Someone was home 1 hour later. He could have called animal control if he really felt he needed to knock on the third door but I guess he thought walking passed our dog after knowing he was there! He should have had his ass bit, Max was protecting his home , on his tie, at our back garage door. Please feel free to ask for pictures , I am doing this for the love of MAX.

R.I.P MAX MATTIA 01-17-2001 - 05-15-2007

I am sorry for your loss! :huggy: