Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

• Muslim

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Buddist

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jews

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Christian-Catholic

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Christian-Protostan

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Wiccans

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

Xaquin44

Xaquin,
For you not believing in the bible you sure do know a lot. Good for you...:yay:
Ok back to by point...(i'm proud of you..seriously)
because of this..(after eating the fruit)
Genesis 3:16-Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

I taught sunday school =)

That's hardly a good reason for women to catch crap in the bible.

S

Snake_Plissken

So every time we boink and reproduce, we knock some time off future generations lives and in some determinate amount of time, we will reproduce ourselves right out of existence. Gotcha! :yay:

Damn, religion is some deep chit!! :crazy:

Yeah, way to pull things out of thin air there buddy.

In fact, however, there is some truth to your claim. Inbreeding is a bad idea because genetic deficiencies that would not have otherwise manifested themselves are concentrated among the two sets of DNA and are therefore more likely to appear in the child rather than simply carry.

But to invalidate your hopeless attempt at fabricating a logical fallacy and exploiting it at my expense, I didn't say that. I said that in the past, if ONE person started out with a genetic disorder then they reproduced and had kids with the general populace, it would eventually spread to the entire race. The number of affected individuals would increase exponentially, and soon the oods would be that unaffected individuals would reproduce with affected ones, and soon the unaffected ones would be bred out of existence. I would draw you a chart to demonstrate, but my skills are lacking.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
NOT DONE (sorry but not even close).
The bible doesn't say that at all.
John Chapter 3. Jesus says "....you MUST be born of the water and of the spirit to see the kingdom of God...."
Act 2:38 is the plan of salvation...(read it) as a matter of fact read the entire chapter...Check out who was there....(even Mary)
People don't want to believe that a loving God will send folks to HELL even if they are 'good' people. When you are a sinner (a person that falls short) short of what? His plan/his idea for our salvation...
Don't rely on what 'others' tell you, read it for yourself.
When God judges on judgment day he is going to judge us ALL by what is in the bible and if we followed the works of the Bible, NOT by what someone else told us what we need to do.
WE read ANY AND EVERYTHING else, take time out to read that.

You missed the part where I said Vatican Law. You are quoting the book, not the church. The Vatican is the voice of the church and can make and change and manipulate the Bible as it sees fit. It's fine if you choose to interpret the book as you see fit, but that does not make it Vatican Law. The book and the church are two separate entities, a story and a business, both being used by the other to perpetuate itself.

I was born of water, I am 90% water and the birth waters of my mother protected me from harm during my creation. The kingdom of God is his creation, the beauty and ugliness and variety of the world around me. He will be here and everywhere and in all things.

If you believe I'm going to Hell, that's fine. I never said I wanted to go to Heaven. We are all sinners, all imperfect and flawed. I'm not disputing any of those things.I was just reporting what I was told based on a conversation about this thread. She offered up information according to her Pastor since I do not go to church when people are there. I have a Bible in my lap as we "speak" and have read it plenty enough. I am not Christian and was uninformed of the churches position versus the book.

sunmoonstars

heh

forgive him for disbelieving the flawed thing used by numerous people to persecute different people through the course of history because they don't adhere to rules doled out from an invisible god that won't talk to you or help you out in any way?
lawl

It takes a lot more faith to think that you are right....
Because if you are right and there is not God that means there is no Heaven and no Hell.
And that we really did slither/ooze/slide out of the ocean billions of years ago and just 'evolved' into what we are today....
That means the end is just that...the end..NO SOUL, NO ONE TO ANSWER TO..no NOTHING....
However if you are wrong..there are a lot of folks that are in trouble...

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Because if you are right and there is not God that means there is no Heaven and no Hell.
And that we really did slither/ooze/slide out of the ocean billions of years ago and just 'evolved' into what we are today....
That means the end is just that...the end..NO SOUL, NO ONE TO ANSWER TO..no NOTHING....

Nice avatar BTW.

:lol:

sunmoonstars

You missed the part where I said Vatican Law. You are quoting the book, not the church. The Vatican is the voice of the church and can make and change and manipulate the Bible as it sees fit. It's fine if you choose to interpret the book as you see fit, but that does not make it Vatican Law. The book and the church are two separate entities, a story and a business, both being used by the other to perpetuate itself.

I was born of water, I am 90% water and the birth waters of my mother protected me from harm during my creation. The kingdom of God is his creation, the beauty and ugliness and variety of the world around me. He will be here and everywhere and in all things.

If you believe I'm going to Hell, that's fine. I never said I wanted to go to Heaven. We are all sinners, all imperfect and flawed. I'm not disputing any of those things.I was just reporting what I was told based on a conversation about this thread. She offered up information according to her Pastor since I do not go to church when people are there. I have a Bible in my lap as we "speak" and have read it plenty enough. I am not Christian and was uninformed of the churches position versus the book.

Didn't say you were going anywhere....I can't put you there or anywhere else, however it is up to you what you do with the information that you have...
(i love debates like this...)

Last edited:

Xaquin44

not faith, but evidence.

We know evolution exists. We know the earth has been around for a very long time (lol at 6,000 years). We can piece together a lot of plausible theories from fossil record etc.

:yeahthat: Because that would not only be the folks who do not embrace religious ideals, but also the VAST majority of folks that do have religion in their life, but don't practice what they preach. If there is a 'heaven' it's a very lonely place.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Yeah, way to pull things out of thin air there buddy.

In fact, however, there is some truth to your claim. Inbreeding is a bad idea because genetic deficiencies that would not have otherwise manifested themselves are concentrated among the two sets of DNA and are therefore more likely to appear in the child rather than simply carry.

But to invalidate your hopeless attempt at fabricating a logical fallacy and exploiting it at my expense, I didn't say that. I said that in the past, if ONE person started out with a genetic disorder then they reproduced and had kids with the general populace, it would eventually spread to the entire race. The number of affected individuals would increase exponentially, and soon the oods would be that unaffected individuals would reproduce with affected ones, and soon the unaffected ones would be bred out of existence. I would draw you a chart to demonstrate, but my skills are lacking.
I don't need a chart to keep laughing. This thread is a hoot! :killingme

S

Snake_Plissken

Most people call that EVOLUTION.. don't be afraid to use a word just because your church frowns on it.

It's not my church, son. Learn to read:

And for the record I'm deist.

And as I stated before, I don't believe that people are mutually attached to the views of their church - they have opinions too. Even if I was a church member I'd still have the power to make up my mind.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with somebody who can't read. I think I should go do something productive. I myself said I won't change anybody's mind by arguing...

Radiant1

Soul Probe
They don't have to -say- it

they wrote it down in little pamphlets and one largish book.

Yeah, the book is called the Catechism of the Catholic Church and it is rather large, have you read it? I believe I've been over the "salvation for non believers" before with WXTornado at one point in time and if I recall correctly it was even to his satisfaction (yeah go figure, surprise surprise).

It's really unfortunate to see you getting rude about this, but I'd like to explain my (Atheist) view of these things, since they seem to have gotten lost in the commotion a few times, understandably.

My apologies, I get highly annoyed by persons not of my faith who like to tell others what my faith is all about and they are either flat out wrong at the most or misleading at the least. I'm not just a Catholic, I'm a Catholic who has studied Catholic theology (as well as other religious and philosophical traditions) and have a catechist certification so forgive me if I get peeved. Not once have beat anyone over the head with the bible nor have I tried to convert. I only step in about religion when others say ignorant things and that's a fact.

Let's start with love: Oxytocin, plain and simple. Also known as the "Cuddle Hormone".

Ok fair enough. Do you have children? The majority of parents say they'd give their life in place of their children. You know kid in the street speeding car scenario type of situation. How does oxytocin fit into that sort of sacrifical love?

Beauty: Another part of evolution, from my perspective. Peacocks for example are attracted to the males with fuller plumes that have richer colors because it denotes health, strength, and therefore healthier children and hopefully the continuation of their species. This was actually an experiment followed out in a documentary recently aired on either the Discovery Channel or National Geographic, can't remember which. It was around the time they were doing studies on reverse evolution in chickens.

Ok, fair enough. What about a woman giving birth? It's universally called "a beautiful experience" but yet there is nothing aesthetically beautiful about it.

Good: A descriptor that the human race has established along with language. In the way you use it, it's good when children are born because it helps in the continuation of evolution.

Ok, fair enough. However, Suzy shares a piece of her lunch with Johnny and that's universally considered good. That does nothing to help in the continuance of evolution. In fact, just maybe Suzy should learn to hoard her food, you know survival of the fittest?

Truth: a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.* 1+1=2.

*truth definition | Dictionary.com

Ok, fair enough. Truth - luckystar can get cuddle hormones from her dog but (I hope) prefers to receive it from her human family and put her human family on a higher level than the dog but why should that be?

I'm afraid the concepts of goodness, truth, beauty, and love can't be so easily simplified. For the record I believe in the evolution of the human body (yes as Catholics we are allowed to believe that :gasp:) I just also happen to believe that humans are made of more than a body but we won't get into that whole soul business. :wink:

I'm sorry if you're male and I'm calling you "her" btw. :lol:

I'm glad to see you tackling this since nobody else has, thanks for the dialogue. :huggy: