Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

• Muslim

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Buddist

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jews

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Christian-Catholic

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Christian-Protostan

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Wiccans

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

sunmoonstars

If he was powerful enough to create the Universe, Life, Everything and Nothing, he couldnt pick up a pen and write his own story?

I believe that he used man to write it.
God is a spirit.
He didn't become a man until he was manifest as Jesus.
That’s what I believe.

sunmoonstars

The church had to minimize a womans role, since most religions at the time held Women in high regard. What better way to do this than tell a story where the Woman was the cause for all sins and woes in the world.

God didn't pass judgment until after Adam ate..
Genesis 3...

Xaquin44

Xaquin,
I believe that post alone put you on my good side.
(I’m not sure how long you will stay there...):whistle:
Good for you!
You know a lot for someone that doesn't believe..............
Hummmm....

I told you I taught sunday school.

I probably have more church time logged in then most people lol

I don't believe a lot of it, but I know it. A lot of it just doesn't make sense from any logical standpoint. I.E. 'god is merciful and benevolent .... now have some cancer ye believers' or 'you have free will .... but god has always known everything and can't be wrong' or 'Adam and Eve sinned .... sooooo everyone gets punished' or 'this world is getting out of hand .... better drown everyone' etc. etc.

I know that those are simplified, but even the explanations in detail can be picked apart with ease or worked around with better alternatives.

sunmoonstars

not really.

god's plan (like anyone could even claim to know the first thing about it) always seems to include massive amounts of suffering.

I'd be more inclined to want to worship/believe if he made his plan a wee bit easier on people.

Well easy went out of the window when Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden...and from then on there was blood shed.
It rains on the just and the unjust....
Take the bitter with the sweet and keep on moving...
Can't do anything about the past.

Xaquin44

Well easy went out of the window when Adam and Eve got kicked out of the garden...and from then on there was blood shed.
It rains on the just and the unjust....
Take the bitter with the sweet and keep on moving...
Can't do anything about the past.

What does punishing successive generations do?

If my kid grows and crashes my car should I ground my grand kids or something?

sunmoonstars

• Space - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Nothingness - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Light - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Universe (and all items in it) - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Eco system of Earth - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Animal Kingdom - As Complex as it was, and God being a spirit, was created without Man
  • Humans - As Complex as they are, and God being a spirit, was created without Man

But to tell his own story he needed to use mankind to write it? :shrug:

Good Points I have to admit. (one for you)
However I don't know why he chose man to write the Bible.
Ask Him...
Still a mystery to me.

sunmoonstars

that's not a good excuse for punishing successive generations that nothing to do with the initial offense.

BUT he gave a way of escape because he had passed judgment.
In the OT they had to sacrifice animals
In the NT Jesus was the sacrifice for us...then the plan of salvation (John Chapter 3 & Acts 2:38)
That was the way of escape so we wouldn’t be punished for the initial offense.

Xaquin44

BUT he gave a way of escape because he had passed judgment.
In the OT they had to sacrifice animals
In the NT Jesus was the sacrifice for us...then the plan of salvation (John Chapter 3 & Acts 2:38)
That was the way of escape so we wouldn’t be punished for the initial offense.

why would we have had to sacrifice to make up for the mistakes of others in the first place?

Seems to me if god was a benevolent and merciful as is claimed, he'd have just let successive generations back in, since they had nothing to do with the initial offense.

sunmoonstars

why would we have had to sacrifice to make up for the mistakes of others in the first place?

Seems to me if god was a benevolent and merciful as is claimed, he'd have just let successive generations back in, since they had nothing to do with the initial offense.

When God speaks something it stands and holds true until the end of time.
That's why he made a plan of salvation Salvation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so people can be 'saved' from his judgment.
It can be referred to as: How NOT TO get Burned.