Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

Which religion(s) do you have a problem with?

• Muslim

Votes: 22 40.7%
  • Buddist

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Jews

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Christian-Catholic

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Christian-Protostan

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Scientology

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Wiccans

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Other

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

Xaquin44

I know the meaning of the word.
I think he is merciful, after Sin entered the world, he could have just let us go to hell with no way out. Mercy gave us a way out.

no. mercy would be removing sin ....

or eliminating hell

or any number of options.

Being thrown in jail for committing a crime that you didn't commit, and then being told 'well you can get out on good behavior' is not mercy. You were still falsely imprisoned.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

It's kind of pointless, but that's ok =)

Aww Xaquin...
We've spent so much time together writing back and forth...now it's a waste of time.
Tisk.
Tisk.

not a waste of time.
Pointless.
and I agree..there is no real point seeing as you won't change your beliefs...Unless the point is simply a discussion to pass time...then I'd have to say that there is a slight point :lol:

sunmoonstars

no. mercy would be removing sin ....

or eliminating hell

or any number of options.

Being thrown in jail for committing a crime that you didn't commit, and then being told 'well you can get out on good behavior' is not mercy. You were still falsely imprisoned.

Repenting removes sin.
Salvation removes Hell from your Eternal destination

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

T

toppick08

:shrug:

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Repenting removes sin.

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

This was one of the things I agree with sun on.
I consider it mercy if He is at least giving you the option of "repenting and believing in him" to avoid Hell.
It is a Nazi-esk mercy, but it is mercy none-the-less.

sunmoonstars

we aren't changing any opinions or anything.

Right.
I can say that you do have some good points with questions that anyone that studies Christianity would (or should) ask.
I'm not changing my mind and you say you aren't changing yours.
And we haven't begun name calling.
Wow.
This has to be a record.

Xaquin44

Repenting removes sin.

You're either missing the point on purpose or out of stupidity .... either way, it's disheartening.

You're attributing mercy to an entity that is not giving it.

Xaquin44

Mercy - compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence

Is it kindly or compassionate to condemn someone falsely and -then- give them an out?

sunmoonstars

You're either missing the point on purpose or out of stupidity .... either way, it's disheartening.

You're attributing mercy to an entity that is not giving it.

Not missing the point. And not stupid (I was wondering how long you would go with out calling me names....):whistle:
I understand what you are saying. Why do WE have to suffer for what someone else did thousands of years ago???
I cannot answer that question directly however I can give you a solution to the answer, not a reason to the question.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Not missing the point. And not stupid (I was wondering how long you would go with out calling me names....):whistle:
I understand what you are saying. Why do WE have to suffer for what someone else did thousands of years ago???
I cannot answer that question directly however I can give you a solution to the answer, not a reason to the question.
Where in his post did he call you a name? :confused:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Mercy - compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence

Is it kindly or compassionate to condemn someone falsely and -then- give them an out?

I don't quite understand how we are being condemned though.
I mean, its said that if we live right, accept god/jesus, whatever, then we get to heaven...if not...we burn for eternity. Right? It sounds like we get an option to me :shrug:
In what way are you seeing it differently? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just not seeing what you're saying...but I did speed-read through the thread on Wed.