Why do some people find pleasure in pointing out someones faults/weaknesses, etc...

Why do some people find pleasure in pointing out other people’s faults/weaknesses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

dems4me

Hello6 said:
Only because you have been more retarded than usual, Tigger.

:diva: :diva: :diva: You have no problems understanding me lately :shrug: Birds of a feather :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hello6 said:
People need to stand up for what they believe, political correctness is crippling common sense.
:swoon: My hero! Please let me bear your children!

Oh...wait...you don't like children. Scratch that.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
:swoon: My hero! Please let me bear your children!

Oh...wait...you don't like children. Scratch that.

Lets see by deduction of opinions on this thread ... the gist is you don't like things or people because they remind you too much of your own shortcomings....

:baby: :jet: I understand a forumite now :huggy:

morganj614

Hello6 said:
I say other.
It's survival of the fittest. The weak and ignorant deserve to be mocked, and if they can't learn from it, they should stay in Pooh's Corner.
People need to stand up for what they believe, political correctness is crippling common sense.

Okay, I can decipher retardese but try to type that shiat.:killingme:

D

dems4me

morganj614 said:
Okay, I can decipher retardese but try to type that shiat.:killingme:

I think she managed both :ohwell:

:lol:

:huggy: Hell6 :huggy:

Hey Hell6 - your turn.... "Dems, Tigger and Hello6 ... back in action :clap: :getdown:" what a great siggy... :love: :huggy:

D

dems4me

dems4me said:
Hey Hell6 - your turn.... "Dems, Tigger and Hello6 ... back in action :clap: :getdown:" what a great siggy... :love: :huggy:

Actually :frown: I think Tigger might be upset if I use that as my sigg :frown: sorry. :frown: :huggy: :flowers:

K

Kizzy

:killingme I'm sorry dems, but your post are really starting to look like Tigger's post. :huggy: :kiss: :flowers: Your steeling her edge. :flowers: :huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BadGirl said:
But mostly I just pick on people in my head, and not out loud.
:yeahthat: That's how I maintain my nice girl profile IRL, and also I know how shallow it is to cut people down as an adult. :lol:

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
You never see an attractive woman running down another woman's looks, or a thin woman running down another's figure.
Somewhat disagree with this one. It's not uncommon for good-looking people to *treat* unattractive or less attractive people as though they were not worthy of them.

I agree that those who prattle on about others are probably insecure. But very attractive people are often very vain, and will only associate with those they deem are at their 'level'. It's very high school, but it happens with older adults too.

vraiblonde said:
It's always the nasty chicks who have to go, "Ewww! Did you see what she was wearing?" or "She looks like she's put on a few pounds :smirk:" You never see happy people with fulfilled lives picking and snarking about people who've never done anything to them.
But they don't always *refrain* from such talk when it comes up. I'm always hearing people joke about some office weirdo. They're easy targets, and everyone thinks they're weird.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SamSpade said:
I'm always hearing people joke about some office weirdo. They're easy targets, and everyone thinks they're weird.
Which brings up another reason why people pick - because of someone being different. Humans tend to be pack animals and can be uncomfortable with outsiders and those who are not like them. That's why they'll make jokes about a handicapped person, or a black person, or a gay person, or a fat person, or anyone who is outside what they consider their "norm".

That's why diversity training and PC crap is really a good thing, because teaches people to accept those who are different from them. It's when they start getting carried away and want you to "accept" criminals or the mentally ill that it becomes a problem.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
That's why diversity training and PC crap is really a good thing, because teaches people to accept those who are different from them.
I think it's like Communism - looks good on paper, doesn't work with people. What people have learned is, watch who you say your stuff around - but it doesn't change people inside. You learn what little kids learn about swearing - don't say it in front of *MOM*. Or someone who'll tattle to *MOM*. I don't think that kind of stuff ever changes people - just lets them know how hard they'll get smacked if they get caught in the workplace.

I'm generally a pretty tolerant, accepting guy, but only as much as I'm comfortable with. If I NEEDED a PC class to change my point of view, I'm still not likely to change THAT part of my "comfort zone".

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
:quotedfordemstoreadagain:

I don't think criminals and mentally ill people should be classified in the same category :shrug: JMHO.

dems4me said:
I don't think criminals and mentally ill people should be classified in the same category :shrug: JMHO.
She didn't put them in the same category... she said criminals or mentally ill... she simply stated those were two categories of people who shouldn't be automatically tolerated just because they fell into one of those two categories... I quoted it for you because you are always wanting to let people of the hook 'just because' and I worry about how you set yourself up to be used and abused because of that...:huggy: