Why do women seek men to earn more than they do?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Nickel
I would do it in a heartbeat but I'd have to look for a new place to live. :ohwell:

I know the feeling. No more pets for me.

I love Biscuit to death but it's like having a toddler..it's 9:30 and he's tired and I'm tired. :biggrin:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by cattitude
I know the feeling. No more pets for me.

I love Biscuit to death but it's like having a toddler..it's 9:30 and he's tired and I'm tired. :biggrin:
I have a toddler, they would gang up on me and life as I know it would be over. :lol: But he loves doggies so much. :frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SamSpade
What are you talking about?
I know more women who have been abandoned by their husbands - no CS, no visitation, no nothing - than I know guys who've been taken to the cleaners. Someone may have already said this but I haven't gone through all the posts yet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've never seen a woman struggling, living with roommates, because her wages are garnished.
Maybe not but you've certainly seen women who were struggling because they're raising children by themselves with no help from the sperm-donor.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He effectively is locked out, except financially, and probably badly enough to make it impossible to start a NEW family.
It has been my experience that men lock *themselves* out. I'd tell you about the divorce negotiations my ex and I went through but it's too tedious. Let's just say that Larry's having custody of his daughters was a big red bold check on the "plus" side.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Originally posted by nickt1862
What's going on here? Is there some gossip that I'm missing out here about something or someone "liking" me??
\

I think that your post just made people think aloy more than usual. Including me. just so you all know that i'm not putting anyone down. i like a challenge.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Pete
The answer to the topic of this thread is simple. Traditional male/female roles are already set. Male-breadwinner / female-nurturer. There may be some out there that buck the traditional roles but they are few. What male who has a cc of testosterone would want to be out earned by his spouse. Wrong or right it is in our genetic code to be providers. Conversely what woman would want a panty waste guy who was happy being out earned and settled for being provided for?
Go Pete! :clap:

That said, I must confess that I make about one and a half times what Larry makes. But I didn't start out-earning him until about a year ago and, since we're both business owners, that situation can change at any time. When we first met, I wouldn't even have considered him if he made less than me. Sounds shallow, but it's true. I wanted a guy that's better than me. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by pixiegirl
On top of taking on his own responsibilities he chose to take on my ex's as well and raise his son just as if he were his. That's a hell of a MAN. :clap:
Hear hear! :cheers:

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Like I said earlier those men are few and far between. If you find one don't let him go. He's a keeper. There are a few left out there and hopefully I will find one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Hot N Bothered
But in a case where you have a loving, caring father, and a loving, caring mother chances are mom will get primary custody.
Larry had that situation and HE got custody, not his ex. And she's a good person and involved parent, not some crack whore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by mixallagist
There are a few left out there and hopefully I will find one.
It's all about choices. There are how many billion people out there? There's a pretty good chance that one of them is your soul mate. It's just a matter of not settling for Mr. He'll Do.

I think I'm done now. *whew*