Why women don't like you "nice guys"

SamSpade

But when you cooled out on them they almost certainly consoled themselves by saying that you just don't like nice women.

Well one of them kept calling me at work and not saying anything. I didn't have caller ID then at work, and the secretary had to forward the call, so I knew it was a woman. She was just furious I wasn't interested any more.

She was also referring to me as her "boyfriend" before we'd even gone out on our *first* date. She was just weird. I had one or two others that were needlessly clingy, but she ranked first.

I can only ever remember not continuing to see one genuinely nice girl - she was bright, pretty and made a good living as a lawyer and was always cheerful. Somewhere along the line I just felt she just needed someone less dull than me.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
It is true though, I thought guys were like this at my age but I am sad to hear they get no better with age. Which is sad, but I guess crazy/lonely guys are crazy enough to think that they are so nice and that's why they can't get a girl...

I am getting to the point that I will just start saying "You are crazy, not a nice guy leave me a lone"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is true though, I thought guys were like this at my age but I am sad to hear they get no better with age. Which is sad, but I guess crazy/lonely guys are crazy enough to think that they are so nice and that's why they can't get a girl...

I am getting to the point that I will just start saying "You are crazy, not a nice guy leave me a lone"

Hence my assertion that this sort of 'nice' guy is busily building a pit so that he can have a 'captive' audience and 'prove' his love to her.

What Vrai meant in the OP, though, what I mistook was, in fact, what you and I are talking about; they are NOT nice guys. They just think they are...

...as they plot horror to punish her for not seeing how nice he is.

:evil:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Nope, you are not crazy, it's definitely them.

Women are supposed to be the ones who get all clingy and want to pursue relentlessly, but men are just as bad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hence my assertion that this sort of 'nice' guy is busily building a pit so that he can have a 'captive' audience and 'prove' his love to her.

What Vrai meant in the OP, though, what I mistook was, in fact, what you and I are talking about; they are NOT nice guys. They just think they are...

...as they plot horror to punish her for not seeing how nice he is.

:evil:

:lol:

No, they're definitely nice guys - they're just also pushy, desperate, clingy, and socially retarded. You know how I am with anyone who exhibits aberrant behavior: I want to analyze them and find out why they do what they do. And when the Dr. is in, romantic attraction is out.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nope, you are not crazy, it's definitely them.

Women are supposed to be the ones who get all clingy and want to pursue relentlessly, but men are just as bad.
Ok good I was starting to worry.

The other thing that cracks me up, is how many guys have "duck" face photos! and they say women are bad...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
But the arsehole streak to me is what keeps things interesting. Don't give me what I want all the time. I'll get bored. :lol:

:dingding: :roflmao: I never thought of it that way exactly, but you know what? That's exactly what attracts me to #######s :killingme

Most #######s I date are genuine #######s, but of course have their sweet side saved just for me. I totally get bored with you if all you do is fawn over me, and obsess over us. I just want someone to hang out with, have fun with...not crawl up each others butts and lose all my friends over bc you get jealous every time I go with the girls.

Last year, I thought I'd found myself a "nice guy". I tried! He was actually super sweet, took me to nice places, and even sent me some flowers at work. All my friends thought he was so "awesome", and then he turned clingy, and whiny, and emotional, (and admitted he didn't know how to change his own oil) and I had to bounce. Heard a rumor he came to work the next day crying. umm, I dated him for 3 weeks.........NO THANK YOU. :crazy: :nono:

JeJeTe

Happiness
:dingding: :roflmao: I never thought of it that way exactly, but you know what? That's exactly what attracts me to #######s :killingme

Most #######s I date are genuine #######s, but of course have their sweet side saved just for me. I totally get bored with you if all you do is fawn over me, and obsess over us. I just want someone to hang out with, have fun with...not crawl up each others butts and lose all my friends over bc you get jealous every time I go with the girls.

Last year, I thought I'd found myself a "nice guy". I tried! He was actually super sweet, took me to nice places, and even sent me some flowers at work. All my friends thought he was so "awesome", and then he turned clingy, and whiny, and emotional, (and admitted he didn't know how to change his own oil) and I had to bounce. Heard a rumor he came to work the next day crying. umm, I dated him for 3 weeks.........NO THANK YOU. :crazy: :nono:

I know that's what it is for me. If all we do is sit around and do whatever I want, talk about how hot I am, and you are just my servant, I can't deal. I need someone to challenage me, to tell me what he really thinks, otherwise I'm out because it is boring. I just went on a date with a "nice guy" who is really sweet and can do things like changing oil, etc. I'm overwhelmed with niceness so it's a change. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

What is so insulting about this is that you know it wasn't just you he was off the deep end about - he would do that with any woman who gave him the time of day. Some guys will screw anything; these guys will fall in love with anything. So it's not even flattering.

JeJeTe

Happiness

My other theory is we don't want the guy who is nice to everyone because then we don't feel special. We want the guy who is nice to only us so that we feel special and like we've "changed" them.