Why you like Southern Maryland/ Things to do

Invite me to a 1 on 1 private meet w/U. I`m quite sure you would think differently in regards to your questions & mind boggles. I make no promises as to whether certain matters wouldn`t be discussed; howeva, it would more than broaden your horizons as to who(m) this user really is.....

justa thought 4 U D. I`m not fond or that stupid 2 b be set^, i think U know that, so I`ll choose the place.
Somebody please video this meeting and send me the youtube link... TIA

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Invite me to a 1 on 1 private meet w/U. I`m quite sure you would think differently in regards to your questions & mind boggles. I make no promises as to whether certain matters wouldn`t be discussed; howeva, it would more than broaden your horizons as to who(m) this user really is.....

justa thought 4 U D. I`m not fond or that stupid 2 b be set^, i think U know that, so I`ll choose the place.

& B neva mind.......sum things r just that...Privy. yet..........no comment.
Vrai,
You really have to take him up on this, I'd like to see your opinion of the real Lance.

Toxick

Splat
U have no authority, u just push buttons, but not the rite ones! u r known to have made mistakes b4, remember? i surely do!

Vrai (French) in English means True!

Lance, in English, is something you do with a pus filled cyst.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I preferred the county when there was less to do and the outsiders stayed out. :coffee:

Actually those of us from here haven't even experienced all there is to do here. The county is rich in history and there's plenty to do and see involving history. And of course sports, boating, anything water related. But in the cold weather you either sign your kids up for indoor sports, see movies, or hibernate. Everything cracks open around March. Then they'll be so much to do you won't be able to choose.

Toxick

Splat
I preferred the county when there was less to do and the outsiders stayed out.

I understand the sentiment being expressed here, but saying you "preferred the county when there was less to do" is exactly the same as saying, "I preferred this desert when there was less water."

msqtech

Citizen
Center of our nations history

This is the center of a lot of our nations history. A lot of our revolutionary concepts started right here. Visit St Mary's City, Learn about Thomas Johnson, The War of 1812 also visited southern maryland. You can find out that we southern marylanders gave birth to a lot of good things that grew into the United States we have today.

Children can learn and grow at the parks Jefferson patterson for example.

Point lookout was a Civil War prison.

Calvert Marine Museum is busting with information for you and your family.

We also have some of the best youth sports programs going.

rmorse

I'm hoping that we just moved here during the wrong season and once spring and summer arrive, this cabin fever/lack of things to do feeling will subside. For those who have lived here awhile, or even their entire lives... Why do you enjoy living in southern Maryland?? What does somd have, that other places don't? If someone was visiting from out of town, what should they see or visit here? I'm not putting somd down in any way, just trying to find a way to enjoy my time here.

Emu hunting.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When I moved here the Bucksnorts were a very big thing, I got invites to parties/campouts monthly. Wasn't to hard to make friends with a bunch of them. Wish they were still around.

now there was a party event, to be quite sure. I always went there by boat, beached it amongst the rocks off the point, and climbed the river bank.

Don't recall how I got home.

Beta84

They're out to get us
The ex and I checked out the area several times because we had friends who lived here. But we were coming from Waynesboro, PA and even 25 years ago Lex Pk seemed like a metropolis compared to that. Businesses had neon signs here! And there was a 7-11! :lol:
:roflmao:

From what I have heard, 25 years ago this place was...somewhere I would never in my wildest dreams consider moving to considering what I'm used to. :lmao:

They are had quite regularly, you just aren't invited. :killingme
:smack: i'm not sure why it said that was posted by Lance though! :jameo:

Pssst. Beta was the one who posted that. Apparently Lance didn't quote him properly.

Beta, I have it on good authority that you are a nice guy and I'd be happy to invite you next time I have a gathering!
:yahoo:

I guess I tricked them! :evil:

I have gotten to know some people on the forums and always like meeting new people. I still see a bunch of people from the forum for more "private" gatherings that are invite only, but I remember meeting people from the ones that were randomly posted on the forum as well, like a big one that was at CIP when I first met a bunch of people. It's probably pretty tough for forum or area newbies to score invites when nobody really knows them. I used to try inviting out some of the newer people in the area but I have lost track lately.

I wonder if any of the area newbies would be interested in getting something together. Hmm

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

From what I have heard, 25 years ago this place was...somewhere I would never in my wildest dreams consider moving to considering what I'm used to. :lmao:

I thought it was just fine. To me, the highlight involving 'growth' in the county was in the 70s when they paved route 242 south of Bushwood. Saved me a lot of car washing every time I drove that stretch. Been all downhill since then....:killingme We sure had a lot more bars, for one thing..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
now there was a party event, to be quite sure. I always went there by boat, beached it amongst the rocks off the point, and climbed the river bank.

Don't recall how I got home.
What's yer' number?

Mine is :gossip:

Boy, those were fun times. :otter:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What's yer' number?

Mine is :gossip:

Boy, those were fun times. :otter:

I never got one! I was not an 'official bucksnort'..just always went for the party and came in through the 'back door' when it was held out on the point. Quite a few of us 'local boys' wandered out of St. Patrick's Creek and ended up at the bucksnort party every year.

Speaking of..every now and again a rumor will pop up that the event will be on again. Anything real attached to that rumor?

Last edited:
I never got one! I was not an 'official bucksnort'..just always went for the party and came in through the 'back door' when it was held out on the point. Quite a few of us 'local boys' wandered out of St. Patrick's Creek and ended up at the bucksnort party every year.

Speaking of..every now and again a rumor will pop up that the event will be on again. Anything real attached to that rumor?

By the time Sunday morning rolled around I could never do the shot... never got my number...:frown:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Ahhhhh, so in short, you were one of the crowd that always tried to avoid paying the entrance fee. Gotcha. :yay:

I only went to a few of the parties, but always had an awesome time. Despite the well-deserved reputation for some of the folks that went there, I never had a single problem there....always was made to feel very welcome and very much a part of the crowd. 'Course, I never tried to fight anyone or get in anyone's face. :lol:

I've also heard periodic rumors of Bucksnorts starting up again, or resurrecting another party, but I doubt that it'll happen. It's just too much damn work to organize something like that, and the turnout is too unpredictable, and the outcome for something bad happening is too risky.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I thought it was just fine. To me, the highlight involving 'growth' in the county was in the 70s when they paved route 242 south of Bushwood. Saved me a lot of car washing every time I drove that stretch. Been all downhill since then....:killingme We sure had a lot more bars, for one thing..

We were watching family movies last year (BG's family) when they first paved Rte 235 past the base.

It was a HUGE deal apparently as they pulled out the vi-DAY-O camera to record it.

I think this was about 1955 or so, BG was about 10 at the time looking at the footage.

Last edited: