• I have four

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Yes, I have had one or all of them removed

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • No, I have never had them removed

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

StarCat

I'm curious, because I am in an incredible amount of pain right now. I have one single wisdom tooth coming in, sideways no less, and its killing me. No one in my family has ever had to have theirs pulled out, but it looks like I might be the first :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have three that all grew in straight, and one that hasn't come in yet. The straight ones don't need to come out at this point, but wisdom teeth really need to be pulled, as they're prone to cavities and what not since they're so far back. My dentist explained that as long as they weren't giving me any problems they were fine where they were, but that I should eventually have them removed.

If you're in pain, you should have it removed, and any others under the gum while you're at it. Wisdom teeth really serve no purpose.

To add to what Nickel said... if your tooth is coming in sideways it WILL crowd your teeth over the years and will weaken them and could cause you lots of problems with the teeth in that row down the road. Pain usually means it is impacted and/or infection. You won't be able to fix it yourself. You need to see the dentist.

StarCat said:
You didn't ask one, silly...:bonk: Seriously, it doesn't matter how many other people have or if other people had theirs out or not. If yours is painful and especially if it's coming in sideways you should get it taken care of.

StarCat

Nickel said:
I have three that all grew in straight, and one that hasn't come in yet. The straight ones don't need to come out at this point, but wisdom teeth really need to be pulled, as they're prone to cavities and what not since they're so far back. My dentist explained that as long as they weren't giving me any problems they were fine where they were, but that I should eventually have them removed.

If you're in pain, you should have it removed, and any others under the gum while you're at it. Wisdom teeth really serve no purpose.
I'm lucky, this is the ONLY one that I have. I have had X-Rays done, a few times and this is the only one to ever show up. It showed up under my gums, about 7 years ago and is just now coming in. I hate to have it removed because I hate doctors, dentists, pain, and all that kinda stuff lol. I am going to have to though because it hurts really bad. Should I wait til it comes in further though, or let them cut it out, I would think letting it come in more would be easier and less painful, but I'm not sure :frown:

StarCat

kwillia said:
You didn't ask one, silly...:bonk: Seriously, it doesn't matter how many other people have or if other people had theirs out or not. If yours is painful and especially if it's coming in sideways you should get it taken care of.
lol my poll was the question, I was just wondering what experiences other people had with their wisdom teeth

sunflower

Loving My Life...
StarCat said:
I'm lucky, this is the ONLY one that I have. I have had X-Rays done, a few times and this is the only one to ever show up. It showed up under my gums, about 7 years ago and is just now coming in. I hate to have it removed because I hate doctors, dentists, pain, and all that kinda stuff lol. I am going to have to though because it hurts really bad. Should I wait til it comes in further though, or let them cut it out, I would think letting it come in more would be easier and less painful, but I'm not sure :frown:
The pain will only get worse Trust me on that. Get it out now. Its not that bad.

M

missperky

None of mine have came through, nor have I had problems with them :knockonwood: But an abcessed tooth is a lot of pain.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Other then not being able to eat for a while :lol: Eat before you go. It was easy for me and my roots were crooked(sp).

StarCat said:
lol my poll was the question, I was just wondering what experiences other people had with their wisdom teeth
Dems had a really wonderful wisdom toof thread... you should do a search for it...:yay:

StarCat

I think the main reason it hurts right now is because its breaking through the gums. Or is it not supposed to hurt, at all?

sunflower

Loving My Life...
StarCat said:
I think the main reason it hurts right now is because its breaking through the gums. Or is it not supposed to hurt, at all?
Mine came through and didnt hurt for a while but once your in pain it doesnt go away.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
StarCat said:
It's not supposed to hurt. My suggestion to you is to join the Marines. They'll pull them out the first week.

Also, StarCat, though I really like you, do you ever have a day go by when there isnt' something going on with you????

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
StarCat said:
it hurts really bad. Should I wait til it comes in further though, or let them cut it out, I would think letting it come in more would be easier and less painful, but I'm not sure :frown:
You should wait at least two weeks or untill it hurts to blink your eyes before you go see a person QUALIFIED to advise you.