Words From Elon Musk

glhs837

Power with Control
Made You Look Reaction GIF by wade.photo

Wanna bet this would be labeled as hate speech?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘Let’s Talk About Something Else’: BBC Reporter Squirms When Elon Musk Flips Script To Ask About BBC Misinfo

“COVID is no longer an issue,” Musk told Clayton when asked why Twitter removed its “COVID misinformation labels.”

Flipping the question, the 51-year-old asked Clayton, “Does the BBC hold itself at all responsible for misinformation regarding masking and side effects of vaccinations, and not reporting on that at all?”

[clip]

During the same interview, Musk was pressed by Clayton about alleged “hate speech” on Twitter, The Daily Wire reported.

After the reporter claimed he’d personally witnessed a rise in “hate speech” following Musk’s takeover of the platform, Musk asked Clayton to give him one example.

After Clayton was unable to provide an example, Musk asked, “Well, then how can you say you’ve seen more hateful content?”

“At some point, you must have seen hateful content,” the Tesla CEO said. “I’m asking for one example and you can’t give a single one.”

“You don’t know what you are talking about,” Musk said, adding, “You cannot give me a single example of hateful content, not even one tweet. And yet you claimed that hateful content was high … That is false, you just lied.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘You Can’t Name a Single Example’: Elon Musk Torches BBC Reporter Who Claims ‘Hateful’ Twitter Content Increasing

Clayton pushed back, saying, “What I claimed was there are many organizations that say that kind of information is on the rise now, whether it has on my feed or not.” He cited a report from the Institute for Strategic Dialogue in the U.K.

“People will say all sorts of nonsense, I’m literally asking for a single example and you can’t name one,” Musk said.

The back and forth continued with Musk calling it “absurd” that Clayton could not back up his claim with a single example.

Clayton ultimately noted the conversation was not “getting anywhere” and urged Musk to change topics.

The Institute for Strategic Dialogue responded to the interview in a Twitter thread, pointing to their study that found a “sustained 2x rise in English-language antisemitic speech since Musk took over Twitter.”

The group’s report detected 325,739 English-language antisemitic tweets between June 2022 and February 2023. The weekly average number of antisemitic tweets increased by 106 percent, to 12,762 from 6,204, when comparing the period before and after Musk’s acquisition, according to the report. The report’s methodology “draws on a suite of natural language processing classifiers trained to identify antisemitic content in line with the [International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism], allowing us to identify messages at scale which can plausibly be categorised as hate speech.”

glhs837

Power with Control
draws on a suite of natural language processing classifiers trained to identify antisemitic content

See, this is the bit I want to talk to someone about. Show me the actual tweets. But I dont see those.

Hate Speech.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
See, this is the bit I want to talk to someone about. Show me the actual tweets. But I dont see those.

Yep ... and what is the context .... Tim Pool mentioned a while back, after Musk took over and the rules changed there was a rise in the N-word and other slurs ... many from progressives ' testing ' the systems or merely posting the word .....

No real ' hate speech ' or derogatory commentary ... just some autistic prog screaming ni99er over and over and over

herb749

Yep ... and what is the context .... Tim Pool mentioned a while back, after Musk took over and the rules changed there was a rise in the N-word and other slurs ... many from progressives ' testing ' the systems or merely posting the word .....

No real ' hate speech ' or derogatory commentary ... just some autistic prog screaming ni99er over and over and over

There's that new TV ad about anti-semitism and a blue box. I haven't noticed anything different. I'm also not on twitter or live in NY.

SamSpade

There's that new TV ad about anti-semitism and a blue box. I haven't noticed anything different. I'm also not on twitter or live in NY.
I actually had a REALLY LONG post about anti-Semitism - and I deleted it about an hour ago. The biggest secret to writing is to delete crap. I decided it wasn't pertinent.

But having lived around Jews, having them as best friends growing up, living in neighborhoods that were about half Jewish, working for Jews - I just - seriously - could not understand Jewish hate. Once in college, I was in a dorm, and we were smoking - and relaxing - and one of them told a Jewish joke. I got a little bothered, until somene laughed and said Sam, YOU'RE the only one in this room who ISN'T Jewish! I guess I thought that hate was weird, because unlike hate for Asians or Blacks or Native Americans or Latinos - it's kind of hard to know if someone's Jewish unless they tell you.

Then again - I am not Jewish. I suppose if I'd experienced even ONE instance of hate for me because of my religion I'd feel different.

Clem72

I actually had a REALLY LONG post about anti-Semitism - and I deleted it about an hour ago. The biggest secret to writing is to delete crap. I decided it wasn't pertinent.

But having lived around Jews, having them as best friends growing up, living in neighborhoods that were about half Jewish, working for Jews - I just - seriously - could not understand Jewish hate. Once in college, I was in a dorm, and we were smoking - and relaxing - and one of them told a Jewish joke. I got a little bothered, until somene laughed and said Sam, YOU'RE the only one in this room who ISN'T Jewish! I guess I thought that hate was weird, because unlike hate for Asians or Blacks or Native Americans or Latinos - it's kind of hard to know if someone's Jewish unless they tell you.

Then again - I am not Jewish. I suppose if I'd experienced even ONE instance of hate for me because of my religion I'd feel different.
Maybe it's because we grew up in different areas, but I don't ever remember this hate you are speaking of. I remember some making jokes or poking fun, about exactly as much as we did about everyone else (italian, irish, black, asian, etc.).

What I do remember is that people could never publicly say anything critical about a person or group of people who are Jewish or people would claim they were being antisemitic, regardless of if the criticism was valid or not. People have learned from and expanded on this technique over the years and so it has spread to many other categories where you are not allowed to provide anything other than total adoration (lgbt for example).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Elon Musk: The Left Is Not Funny Because They Do Not Believe In Things That Are True

“What do you like to watch in terms of comedy and entertainment?” Kyle Mann, Editor-in-chief of the Babylon Bee, asked Musk. “I know you share a lot of memes and, you know, obviously comment on some Babylon Bee articles and stuff like that. You commented, you tweeted one time about how wokeness is destroying comedy … it was, you can’t write come comedy from a leftist place of wokeness because there’s no truth claim. I’m butchering it.”

“The essence of a lot of comedy is a revealed truth, like a hidden truth that people understand, intuitively or explicitly,” Musk responded. “And there’s that sort of moment of reveal, you know, kernel of truth, of often unacknowledged truth. And in that unacknowledged truth is the humor.”

“So if you’re premised on a lie, you can no longer be funny, because there’s no revealed truth,” he added. “And this is, you know, why a lot of people on the Left have no sense of humor. They’re not funny. And if they’re, if there’s so many no fly zones, you know, that you have to, you have to avoid all the time then … there’s nothing left to make fun about.”