Wow, straight hair!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We were saving for the down payment on our first house so I selected an engagement ring with a diamond chip and told him he could buy me my big diamond on our 10th anniversary (he did). We did, however, have a big and wonderful wedding bash... 370 guest, catered by Mick's Quail Inn from La Plata, open bar with more booze than you could shake a stick at... we still pull out the video and watch the antics of the reception even though it has been 22 years ago...:lol:

Mick's Quail Inn was a great restaurant! :yay:

LOL, I'm both or neither? My engagement ring I designed was $20k, and we got married at the court house :shrug:

I have no clue how much my engagement ring cost... My husband upgraded the diamond last year though. :yay: He had been saving for the diamond since he proposed. :dance:

No where near $20k though.... :coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have no clue how much my engagement ring cost... My husband upgraded the diamond last year though. :yay: He had been saving for the diamond since he proposed. :dance:

:yay:

Like Kwillia said about herself, I am a practical gal - not to mention very fiscally conservative. I would never be able to spend that kind $$ for a diamond ring, because I wouldn't have any interest in wearing that type of ring. It doesn't fit my lifestyle in the least.

As for the vehicles - I've always owned used vehicles since about 1990. Now that vehicles have gotten so ridiculously priced, I can't see paying for a new one.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole

You should have done like the handler did, buy your own ring and hand the hubby the bill.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I tried the John Frieda 3-Day Straight styling spray and WOW. Normally my hair is quite wavy but I sprayed this on after towel drying, ran my fingers through my hair and....straight. I haven't even blowdried it yet.

This is my new favorite hair product.

Vrai, I purchased this yesterday. I'd been eyeing it for awhile, and after seeing your reviews decided it might be worth a try. My plan is to try it this Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes :high5:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Actually, the John Freida product does work great. I used it on Monday with freshly washed hair. It looked great and I didn't have to wash it until yesterday, so I did get three days out of it,without it looking greasy or unkempt.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Actually, the John Freida product does work great. I used it on Monday with freshly washed hair. It looked great and I didn't have to wash it until yesterday, so I did get three days out of it,without it looking greasy or unkempt.

I don't wash mine every day anyways bc its so thick, course and wavy/curly, but I am wondering how it'll hold up if I hit the gym and sweat a little....

Usually I'll just spray some dry shampoo in it and I'm fine. Hoping it'll let me get away with the same routine...My hair must be going through some weird phase bc none of my curly hair products seem to be doing much for me lately. Still ends up extra frizzy and just seems lost in it's shape, up in a pony tail at the end of every day....even after a recent haircut. :shrug:

I do love my hair straight though, seems so long and glamorous :diva:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I don't wash mine every day anyways bc its so thick, course and wavy/curly, but I am wondering how it'll hold up if I hit the gym and sweat a little....

Usually I'll just spray some dry shampoo in it and I'm fine. Hoping it'll let me get away with the same routine...My hair must be going through some weird phase bc none of my curly hair products seem to be doing much for me lately. Still ends up extra frizzy and just seems lost in it's shape, up in a pony tail at the end of every day....even after a recent haircut. :shrug:

I do love my hair straight though, seems so long and glamorous :diva:

I wouldn't know about how my hair would hold up with this product after going to the gym and sweating a bit. I am lazy, and I abhor the gym. And don't even make me think about sweating.

But I ordinarily have really crappy hair....curly in some places, straight in others, and frizzy beyond belief. Top it off that I actually have very little hair.....not thin hair, because the hair I have is think....I just don't have very much of it. However this product actually makes it look sorta normal, and I like that very much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sweaty chick here :howdy:

Holds up well in humidity and when golfing, biking, or whatever else it is I do for movement and will stay that way for the two days I can stand to go without washing my hair.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I was curious and caved to the peer pressure. Bought it, tried it, and I think it's a fairly good purchase. I've got noticeable results and will continue to use this product. Maybe not every day, but a few times a week/month won't hurt. :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Let us know! :smile:

Ok so I used this stuff Sunday night...washed it, sprayed it in, blow-dried it straight, then flat-ironed it. So far so good.

But I can't really decide yet if it's made a real difference from how I'd normally straighten my hair. I'm thinking since my hair is so sensitive to any moisture what-so-ever, I still need to touch it up every morning/after-workout if I want it to last. It actually kind of made my hair feel a little extra heavy. I wouldn't doubt this product works for everyone else, but I think no matter what, my hair prefers to be out of control :lol:

Also, walking in to work with straight hair freaked everyone out and now my department thinks I'm trying to impress someone here :doh:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm just sick of all this talk about straight hair :sarcasm: - I have straight hair and don't like it !!!!

I want curly hair !!!!!!:tantrum

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Bought it, tried it, but not sold on it. It straightens, but makes my hair feel kind of limp and my bangs are hanging in my eyes. My hair is fine and thin-ish to begin with but the stuff I normally use leaves it with more body than this does.

I'll try it again on a really humid day and see what happens.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Bought it, tried it, but not sold on it. It straightens, but makes my hair feel kind of limp and my bangs are hanging in my eyes. My hair is fine and thin-ish to begin with but the stuff I normally use leaves it with more body than this does.

I'll try it again on a really humid day and see what happens.

The more I use it, the more I find that it is just "eh" too. I always wear my hair curly/wavy, but I wanted to try this to see how it combated frizzies. It works well for that, but leaves my hair w/out any body.