You Will Love This One ! It is way too close for comfort!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Where is this?

In the middle of a median cross over across from the Solomons Weis Shopping Center. Sometimes, such as yesterday, they'll have two cruisers parked there side-by-side, one parked facing north and one parked facing south, both empty of deputies.

glhs837

Power with Control

In the middle of a median cross over across from the Solomons Weis Shopping Center. Sometimes, such as yesterday, they'll have two cruisers parked there side-by-side, one parked facing north and one parked facing south, both empty of deputies.
I was talking to North Beach who seem to be saying this happened at the exit of a subdivision

LightRoasted

If I may ...

I was talking to North Beach who seem to be saying this happened at the exit of a subdivision

Oh. Oops. Sorry. Misunderstood. But now at least you know where deputy-less cruisers are being parked at the south end of the County. :buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Well you should know with my name. As far as where the decoy is parked, all over Town randomly daily.

And I generally only use forum names on here.

Wait, I was referring to your post about cars leaving a place and running a stop sign even with cruisers parked with lights on right there. Are you just going off on all the stops signs in town, or that one place? I've sorta lost the thread.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
And I generally only use forum names on here.

Wait, I was referring to your post about cars leaving a place and running a stop sign even with cruisers parked with lights on right there. Are you just going off on all the stops signs in town, or that one place? I've sorta lost the thread.
Every intersection in Town has an issue with people running stop signs but what I described happened at one specific one.

Then, on Chesapeake Avenue, where there aren't stop signs, people stop at every damned intersection. They see the bollards reminding people to stop if pedestrians are in the crosswalk and read it as a stop sign.

glhs837

Power with Control
Every intersection in Town has an issue with people running stop signs but what I described happened at one specific one.

Then, on Chesapeake Avenue, where there aren't stop signs, people stop at every damned intersection. They see the bollards reminding people to stop if pedestrians are in the crosswalk and read it as a stop sign.

Hmmm, so a lot of people "run" stop signs. The question then becomes, is it really a problem? Are there crashes, and are they severe? Most people "run" reds technically since most folks don't come to a complete stop. They use judgement. And dont crash.

This might be akin to the "OMG, EVERYONES SPEEDING!!!!!" thing. If I set a limit that's too low, and everyone's speeding,. but we are not seeing crashes, is speeding really a problem?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Hmmm, so a lot of people "run" stop signs. The question then becomes, is it really a problem? Are there crashes, and are they severe? Most people "run" reds technically since most folks don't come to a complete stop. They use judgement. And dont crash.

This might be akin to the "OMG, EVERYONES SPEEDING!!!!!" thing. If I set a limit that's too low, and everyone's speeding,. but we are not seeing crashes, is speeding really a problem?
These aren't "California Stops" but full fledged "why slow down?" blowing of the signs. What makes it a problem is, while there aren't that many accidents, the sightlines at 90% of the intersections are poor so you're into it before you see if anyone's coming. Making it more exciting lately are the E-bikes and scooters that also run the signs (wile also going like bats out of hell.

glhs837

Power with Control
These aren't "California Stops" but full fledged "why slow down?" blowing of the signs. What makes it a problem is, while there aren't that many accidents, the sightlines at 90% of the intersections are poor so you're into it before you see if anyone's coming. Making it more exciting lately are the E-bikes and scooters that also run the signs (wile also going like bats out of hell.

Visibility must not be to bad if people are going full tilt and there are not many crashes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Serious. Everybody blows the stop sign and only a few people are inured or killed because of it, so majority rules.

🤪
You never tire of putting words in my mouth, do you? :)

I said accidents, nothing about injuries or fatalities. And "blowing" the signs was his word, not mine. I think very few people do that. Far more slow, judge, and go. I'm open to reading about all the injury crashes in North Beach, but like all the supposed crashes at Little Flower that I was told about, I suspect I'll never see proof of that just "I know its true!!!!".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
but like all the supposed crashes at Little Flower that I was told about

So now you don't think anyone should obey stops signs or red lights in front of an elementary school???

You are the one digging this hole, not me. Perhaps calm down, get hold of yourself, and make a more sensible argument. Then I won't be compelled to ridicule you.

glhs837

Power with Control
So now you don't think anyone should obey stops signs or red lights in front of an elementary school???

You are the one digging this hole, not me. Perhaps calm down, get hold of yourself, and make a more sensible argument. Then I won't be compelled to ridicule you.

Your ridicule doesn't land, because my "extreme" positions are things you make up out of whole cloth. I never said either of those things. And we were never talking about stop signs and red light in front of schools. And I think I've been calm right through. I'm open to signs of my supposed anger. Please try to keep up.

1. The conversations about speed cameras in front of schools from a few weeks back. One forumite told me that contrary to what I thought, there were quite a few crashes in front of LFS. Some with injuries and one even "close to fatal". I challenged them to link articles about these crashes. Never heard back on that. For the record, as I've stated about 1,000 times, I do not advocate speeding through school zones. But I also believe that speed cameras are in general a money grab, but the ones in school zones even more so, since in the 30 years I've lived here, I cannot recall one instance of a child or even adult getting hit by a speeder.

2. I never advocated pro or con for "obeying" stop signs. I simply stated the fact (backed up by real data) that about 70% of people do not come to a complete stop at stop signs. And I'm pretty sure the intersections in Bowie where they placing these have not been plagued by crashes of any kind. So what problem are they trying to solves? If they are not preventing crashes, since there are not any, there must be another reason. And the reason is money.

Lastly, I find it simply hilarious that you rail against the media taking Trumps words out of context, and twisting his words to mean things he never said, yet you have done this to me about 10 times in this thread alone. That's rich.

glhs837

Power with Control
Absolutes are false.
I am somebody, and I stop for stop signs, yellow lights, too, if following traffic makes it safe.
Showoff See GIF by HULU

(I'm not gonna get in trouble for using that, am I?)