15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Armiger had the ability to go back into his house... and he did.... he made a deliberate decision to grab a gun and chase after the teens... instead of calling the police (who were nearly already there!!!)

Why didn't he call the police and stay in his house.... and let the police do their job? He has no defense.

So play victim, go hide in the house so the kids can continue to harass him and threaten him, and fight with him?

Is that what you are suggesting?

I guess he could have surrounded his home with cameras, barricaded himself in his house and had his meals delivered so he would never have to fear coming in contact with these punks again..

I don't understand what part of "this wasn't the first encounter with these kids" people don't understand. You can only tell them to go away so many times, call the cops so many times, report to your HOA so many times, before you feel helpless and feel the need to do something decisive yourself. I'm sure it took awhile to break him, and the kids did just that, EXACTLY what they intended to do.. break him.

I can't believe LaynPipe put it best. (paraphrasing)The best behaved dog is going to react if you poke him with a stick long enough.

So play victim, go hide in the house so the kids can continue to harass him and threaten him, and fight with him?

I guess he could have surrounded his home with cameras, barricaded himself in his house and had his meals delivered so he would never have to fear coming in contact with these punks again..

I don't understand what part of "this wasn't the first encounter with these kids" people don't understand. You can only tell them to go away so many times, call the cops so many times, report to your HOA so many times, before you feel helpless and feel the need to do something decisive yourself. I'm sure it took awhile to break him, and the kids did just that, EXACTLY what they intended to do.. break him.

I can't believe LaynPipe put it best. (paraphrasing)The best behaved dog is going to react if you poke him with a stick long enough.

Yep.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I wonder what would have happened if this was Leonard's Grant.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But Armiger was not in danger (according to the news and police).

The cops and news people weren't there, so they have no idea whether Armiger was in danger or not.

The simple fact is that these kids didn't belong there, regardless of whether they were vandalizing property or picking daisies. Take everything else out of the equation and that is what you're left with.

Therefore we can conclude that if these kids hadn't been somewhere they weren't supposed to be, they wouldn't have been shot at.

So clearly they are at fault. The end.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

vraiblonde said:
But Armiger was not in danger (according to the news and police).

The cops and news people weren't there, so they have no idea whether Armiger was in danger or not.

The simple fact is that these kids didn't belong there, regardless of whether they were vandalizing property or picking daisies. Take everything else out of the equation and that is what you're left with.

Therefore we can conclude that if these kids hadn't been somewhere they weren't supposed to be, they wouldn't have been shot at.

So clearly they are at fault. The end.

The only problem with that reasoning is that the kid that was shot was on a public road at the time. No longer trespassing

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wrong. Private gated community.

Try again.

I'm not 100% sure but the kid may have been shot on the road in front of Solomons Landing..

The person fired the shotgun from within the confines of the gated community, but I believe the kid was hit on the road that parallels Rte 4 there, or I guess he could have been shot inside the community and hobbled across the street too..

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

itsbob said:
Wrong. Private gated community.

Try again.

I'm not 100% sure but the kid may have been shot on the road in front of Solomons Landing..

The person fired the shotgun from within the confines of the gated community, but I believe the kid was hit on the road that parallels Rte 4 there, or I guess he could have been shot inside the community and hobbled across the street too..

That's the way I understand it. if they had still been in his yard I think it would be easy to make the case of imminent danger. But if they were outside the gate I think it changes everyting

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wirelessly posted

That's the way I understand it. if they had still been in his yard I think it would be easy to make the case of imminent danger. But if they were outside the gate I think it changes everyting

Well, that's a little misleading too..

There is a gate on the road leading into the 'hood, but no fences or wire around the property.

The kid could be standing in the confines of the gated community, and taken two steps and been on the road, without passing through the gate.

Just saying he was on the property or not doesn't guage level of threat as he could be on the property and be a foot away from the shooter, and be 2 feet away and not be on the property, without passing through a gate, or climbing a fence, if that makes sense.

SugarBear47

On May 16 at 6:05 p.m. units from the Calvert County Sheriff’s Office were dispatched to the Solomons Landing Condominiums located in the Solomons Island area of Calvert County to investigate the report of trespassers. As Sgt. M. Hurlock was responding to the scene, he heard a single gunshot. Hurlock was then approached by an elderly white male, later identified as Charles Joseph Armiger, 66 of Solomons, holding a shotgun.

15 Year-old Victim of Shooting at Solomons Landing - CalvertNews.info - Calvert County MD News & Information

:yahoo: Well thank God somebody finally put those kids in their place. I will even defend Mr. Arminger in court. I know of at least 3 teens on skateboards who are a terrible problem and menace to the public at Solomons and Lusby, on residenial and commercial properties. Don't those teens have a home? Don't their parents even care? Well I bet they do now after one being shot at! OR MAYBE NOT. I have tenants at Solomons who have called the cops on them many times. I've seen the cops stop them all in parking lots for harrassing people. I'm proud of Mr. Arminger.

UNA

Wirelessly posted

It doesn't matter what the kids were doing because they were not threatening bodily harm nor were they in the accused's home. He has no claim to self defense especially considering he'd already maced the kids and they were running away. Maybe the kids were doing somethimg they shouldn't have been doing, azzhole still shouldn't have shot at them.

What's scary about this mess is that now, instead of being able to say "that's just grumpy ole Mr. So-and-so, he'd never REALLY hurt anyone" we have to wonder what other disgruntled idiots would take a similar situation to this extreme. In all seriousness, I'm very concerned...

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

itsbob said:
Wirelessly posted

Well, that's a little misleading too..

There is a gate on the road leading into the 'hood, but no fences or wire around the property.

The kid could be standing in the confines of the gated community, and taken two steps and been on the road, without passing through the gate.

Just saying he was on the property or not doesn't guage level of threat as he could be on the property and be a foot away from the shooter, and be 2 feet away and not be on the property, without passing through a gate, or climbing a fence, if that makes sense.

I am down that way enough to have a casual knowledge of the layout But if he was on 765, that seems to be pretty far from any of the homes. I could be wrong though depending on exactly where it happened.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
[What's scary about this mess is that now, instead of being able to say "that's just grumpy ole Mr. So-and-so, he'd never REALLY hurt anyone" we have to wonder what other disgruntled idiots would take a similar situation to this extreme. In all seriousness, I'm very concerned...

I can understand why you would be.

RPM

im done with this thread. way too emotional for me.

I'd like to close out with this comment.

Anyone who thinks this 66 year old wackjob was "RIGHT" for shooting a child for riding a skateboard, deserves the same fate that this child has had.

I sincerely hope, some of you who feel this way either seriously reconsider your opinion, or hopefully the next time you cut someone off, or maybe drive to slowly in the left lane on RT 4, maybe you will be lucky enough to run into a wackjob like that guy, who will pull out a gun and "just try to scare you".

perhaps we need more wackjobs like this guy to cleanse the world of stupid people like yourselves.

CREResident

Wirelessly posted

It doesn't matter what the kids were doing because they were not threatening bodily harm nor were they in the accused's home. He has no claim to self defense especially considering he'd already maced the kids and they were running away. Maybe the kids were doing somethimg they shouldn't have been doing, azzhole still shouldn't have shot at them.

What's scary about this mess is that now, instead of being able to say "that's just grumpy ole Mr. So-and-so, he'd never REALLY hurt anyone" we have to wonder what other disgruntled idiots would take a similar situation to this extreme. In all seriousness, I'm very concerned...

Exactly! Next time... it might not be skateboarders who push the already mentally unstable grumpy ole Mr. So and so, past his hot headed breaking point. IT MIGHT BE YOU! OR ANYONE POSTING HERE! Maybe ole Mr. So and So doesn't like your cat sneaking out of your house and coming down his street, or maybe he thinks you cut him off, maybe he mistakes your hello wave for the rigid digit.... and then fires on YOU!

Very scary. Even more scary that people post here that they think his response was reasonable - to fire on people because they pissed him off. I know people post crazy things on here just to provoke a reaction... but many of the posters here in support of Armiger firing a weapon seem serious. That IS scary.

Vince

I think all of you who are siding with these boys should invite them to come play at your house. Maybe hook them up with some milk and cookies or something. Then they can come bust up your place and give you crap, and they'll leave other people alone. :yay:
Maybe CREresident would like to invite them over. :shrug: