15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

RPM

I could be more sympathetic to the guy if he had used rock salt or some other less than lethat projectile in the shotgun. These punks weren't a threat to his life or his property, so going the lethal route was a bit over the top, and unfortunately for him, he will probably be paying for his rash decision for the rest of his life.

but you have to deal with them while they are a threat, not when they are retreating!

If he would have shot the kid while the kid was on his doorstep I would be 100% behind him. As it is, I can only shake my head.

QUOTE]

great post, and very true.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I do not feel that just because they were in retreat, they were no longer a threat. It's been established that they kept coming back, despite repeat threats of police, angry residents, etc. So they were not even actually in retreat, since they'd have just been right back at it later.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
The development where we live has a serious problem with the teens in the neighborhood. So bad that they took the basketball hoop down in the clubhouse parking lot because of the fights that would break out, and the monopolization of it by the teens. Younger kids would go to play basketball and they wouldn't be allowed to.

We also have had the kids breaking into the clubhouse and vandilzing it. Their actions are on video and being persued in court.

Next to my house they sit on the electrical box and hang out. I don't care about that but not at midnight. Also they kind of stopped that because I will let my dog out and he will bark at them from the deck. He has a tough big dog bark.

The same kids will be walking down the middle of the street and not move when a car is coming. I have beeped the horn at them to move and they give me the dirty look. While Dum A..MOVE this is a road.

Our HOA pays a deputy to sit in the parking lot and keep the kids in check.

We want to move but the values of the homes have decreased so much.

I am not justifying what he did but I can understand the frustration level.

Last edited:

Vince

I could be more sympathetic to the guy if he had used rock salt or some other less than lethat projectile in the shotgun. These punks weren't a threat to his life or his property, so going the lethal route was a bit over the top, and unfortunately for him, he will probably be paying for his rash decision for the rest of his life.

but you have to deal with them while they are a threat, not when they are retreating!If he would have shot the kid while the kid was on his doorstep I would be 100% behind him. As it is, I can only shake my head.

QUOTE]

great post, and very true.
So by your way of thinking, if someone breaks into my home and I confront them with a gun and they start backing away, they are no longer a threat and I'm not to shoot them. :killingme Yeah, sure.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
One of their friends getting nailed by a shotgun wasn't enough even.

Fox news shows them out the very next day continuing doing what they do.. even showed them "grinding" on a bench at a private business in Lusby.

You'd think after one of them got shot the parents would tell them to slow down or stop.. but they're out the very next day continuing to trespass, harass, and destroying private property.

I bet the parents are a problem too!

Girlzmom

Further proof that skateboarding can be detrimental to your health.

HPU Basketball Player Dies After Skateboard Fall - Honolulu News Story - KITV Honolulu

This has got to be one of the most ignorant things you could say, or does it get worse.

ANYTHING we do could be detrimental to our health...walking, sitting, eating, living, biking, skiing, bowling, helloooooooooooo people die everyday, doing anything. So are you saying he should have shot him because he's a skateboarder and he was doing something detrimental to his health.

OMG the ignorance is frightening!!!!!!!!!!!

THE DETRIMENT WAS THE CRAZY LUNATIC WITH A SHOTGUN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY GOING AFTER A CHILD!

This has got to be one of the most ignorant things you could say, or does it get worse.

ANYTHING we do could be detrimental to our health...walking, sitting, eating, living, biking, skiing, bowling, helloooooooooooo people die everyday, doing anything. So are you saying he should have shot him because he's a skateboarder and he was doing something detrimental to his health.

THE DETRIMENT WAS THE CRAZY LUNATIC WITH A SHOTGUN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY GOING AFTER A CHILD!
Ignore her... she's the forum meamie.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
This was your kid, wasn't it?

You fail to recognize that what he - and the other hoodlums in the community that terrorize and vandalize the area - contributed to him getting shot.

If he hadn't been acting like a jackalope, then Mr. A wouldn't have felt a need to protect himself and his property. If not for A, then B wouldn't have happened.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Oh, it can get much worse, really. In fact, Rose isn't all that when it comes to ignorance - there are a LOT more ignorant people on here than her. :yay:

Girlzmom

WOW...........YOU PEOPLE NEED SERIOUS HELP!

So that's how we solve problems with other people's children? We shoot them?

I THINK NOT!

It's a simple 911 or call to Mike Evans or maybe your homeowners association.

WOW, I feel sorry for the folks that live in Solomon's Landing......... Can't imagine how you will ever sell your houses now, people will think if they act out, they will loose a leg!

PrepH4U

hmmm I guess I missed the part where she said anything at all :whistle: If I read correctly she posted a link to another skateboarding story in the media.

May I say your POST WAS THE MOST OVERBLOWN AND OUTRAGEOUS OF THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG THE IGNORANCE IS FRIGHTENING!!!!!!!!!!

PrepH4U

I THINK NOT!

WOW, I feel sorry for the folks that live in Solomon's Landing......... Can't imagine how you will ever sell your houses now, people will think if they act out, they will loose a leg!

Ha ha the joke is on you a lot of us live in St. Marys so why would we call Mike Evans? :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I THINK NOT!

Well, apparently it's not that simple, because they have been calling the police about these little thugs for some time now, and getting no where.