15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

thatguy

I think their may have been one person who thought it was a good idea to shoot the kid. Everyone else's point has pretty much been that the kid brought this on himself by continually harrassing this man, and the police doing nothing about it. But, if you want to leave...

buh-byeee

are you that person, or did you think it was wrong for Mr Arminger to shoot that kid?

Otter

Nothing to see here
It's amazing looking back at the posts on this thread.... that the people who post the most ignorant statements, and who engage in most severe personal attacks....are the same people who have thousands of posts on somd.com. These forums have really degenerated over the past year or so. I guess some people don't work or have anything else to do in their lives.

I've had enough of somd.com forums. What a waste of time. There are many good people living in Southern MD, people who obey the law and are kind to their neighbors.... not people who pull out pepper spray and a shotgun because they are hot-headed, and not people who support a madman vigilante who doesn't know how to stay in his house and call 911 when the police are already arriving to the community.

It doesn't matter if the teens (one was only 13) were skateboarding, cursing, or even stepping on crazy ol' man Armiger's lawn. You don't launch an armed assault on them with a shotgun because you're a crotchety hot-headed ignoramus redneck. You don't do that because IT IS THE LAW!

I find it to be even more ignorant that the hypocrites on this forum thread go on and on about how the TEENS do not respect the law and their neighbors when they skateboard, curse, whatever. And you somehow fail to reason that ARMIGER IS THE ONE WHO DID NOT RESPECT THE LAW???

I'm a full NRA member fully supporting gun rights. But I took the time to know the law, and I respect my weapon and my neighbors. People like Armiger and his supporters here provide all the reason that gun control advocates need.

You're guilty of making as many judgements as the ones you are complaining about.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It's amazing looking back at the posts on this thread.... that the people who post the most ignorant statements, and who engage in most severe personal attacks....are the same people who have thousands of posts on somd.com. These forums have really degenerated over the past year or so. I guess some people don't work or have anything else to do in their lives.

I've had enough of somd.com forums. What a waste of time. There are many good people living in Southern MD, people who obey the law and are kind to their neighbors.... not people who pull out pepper spray and a shotgun because they are hot-headed, and not people who support a madman vigilante who doesn't know how to stay in his house and call 911 when the police are already arriving to the community.

It doesn't matter if the teens (one was only 13) were skateboarding, cursing, or even stepping on crazy ol' man Armiger's lawn. You don't launch an armed assault on them with a shotgun because you're a crotchety hot-headed ignoramus redneck. You don't do that because IT IS THE LAW!

I find it to be even more ignorant that the hypocrites on this forum thread go on and on about how the TEENS do not respect the law and their neighbors when they skateboard, curse, whatever. And you somehow fail to reason that ARMIGER IS THE ONE WHO DID NOT RESPECT THE LAW???

I'm a full NRA member fully supporting gun rights. But I took the time to know the law, and I respect my weapon and my neighbors. People like Armiger and his supporters here provide all the reason that gun control advocates need.

It's also the law to not trespass...

It's also the law to not damage private property..

It's also the law that you aren't supposed to harrass or intimidate others.. especially the elderly.

You're a sane person (I assume), and today you say you would NEVER pull a gun on a kid.. I'm sure Mr Armiger thought the same in the past..

SO you need to ask, how much harassment, how much intimidation does it take to make a person like you to resort to what he did? And don't tell me, "I'd NEVER!!" Because ANYONE can be brought to their breaking point, it just takes a little longer with some.

What he (Mr Armiger) did was wrong, but what led him to do that wrong? Many, and often, laws were disrespected prior to his act.

I'm also curious how well you know Mr Armiger that you can say he is "a crotchety hot-headed ignoramus redneck". Or are you just taking the word of the kids that have been harassing him?

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

Because people do not agree with your viewpoint, that means the forums have degenerated and are bad? It looked to be a pretty good debate in here, with everyone discussing how they felt and why.
Now go pull that stick out and chew on it for a while. :howdy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
are you that person, or did you think it was wrong for Mr Arminger to shoot that kid?

I was not that person. I don't think the kid should have been shot. That said, I also don't think the kid should have kept going back to a place where he knew he didn't belong, and harrassing someone. If he had been a good boy, he wouldn't have gotten himself shot.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What would any of you do, I personally like the bean bag rounds. Points given for originality.

nomoney

Who are you? :confused:

PrepH4U

What would any of you do, I personally like the bean bag rounds. Points given for originality.

I always have a paintball gun loaded and ready, that would be fun. BUT in actuality any touching of the little innocents is actually classified assault.

I was not that person. I don't think the kid should have been shot. That said, I also don't think the kid should have kept going back to a place where he knew he didn't belong, and harrassing someone. If he had been a good boy, he wouldn't have gotten himself shot.
:yeahthat: Law enforcement failed that community time and time again... the heathens continued to terrorize the community and it resulted in lawlessness on the part on one man who felt there was no other choice but for him to protect himself, his property and his community.

Lawless teens are the primary fault... secondary blame carries forward to law enforcement/lack there of and then to Mr. A. Period.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I always have a paintball gun loaded and ready, that would be fun. BUT in actuality any touching of the little innocents is actually classified assault.

I agree with Prep..

DOesn't matter what kind of round it is.. if it comes out of a "gun" you're done.

Beanbag, paintball or lead.. Assault...

And I quoted gun because today it doesn't matter.. Red Ryder, Pellet, Shotgun, pistol or rifle..

dontknowwhy

WOW...........YOU PEOPLE NEED SERIOUS HELP!

So that's how we solve problems with other people's children? We shoot them?

I THINK NOT!

It's a simple 911 or call to Mike Evans or maybe your homeowners association.

WOW, I feel sorry for the folks that live in Solomon's Landing......... Can't imagine how you will ever sell your houses now, people will think if they act out, they will loose a leg!

Actually, I want to live there now...Seems like these folks know how to deal with unruly teens...My kinda people... You sound like a parent that cottles to your kids destructive attitudes...Where do you live? I wanna stay the hell away from that place

Otter

Nothing to see here

It would be more fun to get some huge mean looking guys to have a little talk with the boys in question while they are on the premises; its makes for great video. Maybe the video would go viral on youtube if steam started coming off their pants, everyone in their school would want a copy for their FB pages.

It would be more fun to get some huge mean looking guys to have a little talk with the boys in question while they are on the premises; its makes for great video. Maybe the video would go viral on youtube if steam started coming off their pants, everyone in their school would want a copy for their FB pages.

:yay:

I am still intrigued about how he ended up needing a metal rod in his leg. What the heck was that guy loaded with and how close was he?

mitzi

I can't believe how many say they understand why the man shot the kid. The kid was off the property when he was shot? Shooting an unarmed person? This is just wrong.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I can't believe how many say they understand why the man shot the kid. The kid was off the property when he was shot? Shooting an unarmed person? This is just wrong.

You just strung together two unrelated facets of the discussion:

Many have said they have at least some degree of empathy for the older man, and recognized that everyone has a breaking point when they reach of point of total frustation with a recurring situation that they perceive as threatening.

But I've seen almost nobody opine that the shooting of the young hoodlum was not the wrong thing to do though. In fact, the only truly unrestrained support for the shooter that I've read came from somewhere else on line and not in this forum thread or this forum, period.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

So what you'r saying is it's okay for the kid to continually harrass and vandallize, as long as he runs off the property real quick. :yay: