15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

greeneyes36

I can't believe how many say they understand why the man shot the kid. The kid was off the property when he was shot? Shooting an unarmed person? This is just wrong.

I do not think shooting the teen was warranted, but i would like to see the parents come out and say that their sons have been wrong in doing what they have done and actually PUNISH them... i know, i'm not holding my breath for that though. :( they've been victimized and will NEVER own up to Point A actually CAUSING Point B to happen in the first place. However...those boys KNOW what really happened.... perhaps this may slow them down.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I do not think shooting the teen was warranted, but i would like to see the parents come out and say that their sons have been wrong in doing what they have done and actually PUNISH them... i know, i'm not holding my breath for that though. :( they've been victimized and will NEVER own up to Point A actually CAUSING Point B to happen in the first place. However...those boys KNOW what really happened.... perhaps this may slow them down.

I haven't seen any future skating plans at Solomons Landing on facebook..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But I've seen almost nobody opine that the shooting of the young hoodlum was not the wrong thing to do though. In fact, the only truly unrestrained support for the shooter that I've read came from somewhere else on line and not in this forum thread or this forum, period.

Jeez, I already said :howdy:

:rolleyes:

Sorry, folks, but I think the kids had it coming and I also believe a person has a right to protect their property, and not have to live in fear of young punks harassing and threatening them. I do not know for a fact, but I suspect that this was a last resort for Mr. Armiger. If he were the type to just go off half-cocked (ha) and start shooting at people, I believe he'd have done it long before this incident. That, to me, is a pure common sense conclusion.

So I agree with Kwillybear:
Lawless teens are the primary fault... secondary blame carries forward to law enforcement/lack there of and then to Mr. A. Period.

In an ideal world, punk kids wouldn't harass others. Next ideal would be if cops actually prevented that sort of thing from happening, or at least caught and arrested the offenders. Least ideal is to have to take matters into your own hands, but if #1 and #2 fail, that's all we're left with.

mitzi

So what you'r saying is it's okay for the kid to continually harrass and vandallize, as long as he runs off the property real quick. :yay:

No, not at all. They are wrong and obviously don't have any parental supervision if they run the shopping centers and neighborhoods doing what they do. It was wrong to shoot at them. Something could have went horribly wrong and someone could have been killed.

mitzi

You just strung together two unrelated facets of the discussion:

Many have said they have at least some degree of empathy for the older man, and recognized that everyone has a breaking point when they reach of point of total frustation with a recurring situation that they perceive as threatening.

But I've seen almost nobody opine that the shooting of the young hoodlum was not the wrong thing to do though. In fact, the only truly unrestrained support for the shooter that I've read came from somewhere else on line and not in this forum thread or this forum, period.

Maybe I'm mixing up what I read elsewhere. You know, we made fun of someone else for their perceived threats about the hoodlums in their neighborhood. I can't help but wonder what would be said if that person ever reacts like this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe I'm mixing up what I read elsewhere. You know, we made fun of someone else for their perceived threats about the hoodlums in their neighborhood. I can't help but wonder what would be said if that person ever reacts like this.

Big difference. OP in that other thread did not indicate that the fighters were threatening her personally, and she also did not indicate that this was a frequent occurrence. So one situation has nothing to do with the other.

Simple answer... If I'm not the one poking Clem with the proverbial stick than I'm not the one he'd hit with pellets. However, if I'm the one who hits the doorbell and runs or drops a cat in his yard at the time he snaps than I'd be the one hit with pellets.

I chose to not harrass which means I won't run the risk of being assaulted for harrassing him.

thatguy

Simple answer... If I'm not the one poking Clem with the proverbial stick than I'm not the one he'd hit with pellets. However, if I'm the one who hits the doorbell and runs or drops a cat in his yard at the time he snaps than I'd be the one hit with pellets.

I chose to not harrass which means I won't run the risk of being assaulted for harrassing him.

actually, the kid was shot on 765 according to the reports, lots of people walk, exercise, and bicycle along that sidewalk and drive down that road, not to mention rt 2/4 is another 20ft away. Seems to me that anyone in the area would have been endangered.

Maybe being a gun owner i hold myself and other gun owners to a higher standard, but IMO what the old guy did was not OK

bohman

What would any of you do, I personally like the bean bag rounds. Points given for originality.

Personally, I'd have called the cops first, but if that approach failed, a paintball gun comes to mind. You can put a lot of stinging rounds on the little #######s, and as a bonus they get to go home looking like idiots covered in paint. :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
actually, the kid was shot on 765 according to the reports, lots of people walk, exercise, and bicycle along that sidewalk and drive down that road, not to mention rt 2/4 is another 20ft away. Seems to me that anyone in the area would have been endangered.

Maybe being a gun owner i hold myself and other gun owners to a higher standard, but IMO what the old guy did was not OK

Considering the way this story is leaning, I'm not entirely convinced I've read and heard the truth, and nothing but the truth. I don't know that his leg was shattered, I don't know that his friends didn't carry him out there so that he'd be off of private property when found, and I don't know that Mr A followed him that far to shoot him.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Personally, I'd have called the cops first, but if that approach failed, a paintball gun comes to mind. You can put a lot of stinging rounds on the little #######s, and as a bonus they get to go home looking like idiots covered in paint. :yay:

Do you own a paintball gun? Cool if you do.
The only guns I own are the kind that shoot real bullets.
I am not going out to buy a paintball gun in case I have to use it to scare off some punks that are trespassing on my property.

PrepH4U

Do you own a paintball gun? Cool if you do.
The only guns I own are the kind that shoot real bullets.
I am not going out to buy a paintball gun in case I have to use it to scare off some punks that are trespassing on my property.

How about a squirt gun filled with food coloring in water? When parents come to complain about their angels ruined t-shirt, tell them you will give them stain remover when they give you his skateboard or bike. :shrug:

Paintball, food coloring, etc. etc... it is all considered assault and you'd still be brought up on assault charges just as Mr. A. was... :ohwell:

dontknowwhy

I'm sure this would work great!! And I doubt the punks would come back a few nights later with their friends and say 100,000 rounds & just light up on your house...that surely wouldnt happen!!! kids just don't do that sort of stuff...

RPM

This was your kid, wasn't it?

You fail to recognize that what he - and the other hoodlums in the community that terrorize and vandalize the area - contributed to him getting shot.

If he hadn't been acting like a jackalope, then Mr. A wouldn't have felt a need to protect himself and his property. If not for A, then B wouldn't have happened.

so by your logic.....

If you hadn't been making these stupid comments in this forum, some maniac you pissed off wouldn't be thinking about hunting you down and killing you.

that makes sense to you right?

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'm sure this would work great!! And I doubt the punks would come back a few nights later with their friends and say 100,000 rounds & just light up on your house...that surely wouldnt happen!!! kids just don't do that sort of stuff...

Thats right, teens never feel disrespected.

so by your logic.....

If you hadn't been making these stupid comments in this forum, some maniac you pissed off wouldn't be thinking about hunting you down and killing you.

that makes sense to you right?

Wow... really?

This post sure sounds like you are being pushed over the edge.