15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
so by your logic.....

If you hadn't been making these stupid comments in this forum, some maniac you pissed off wouldn't be thinking about hunting you down and killing you.

that makes sense to you right?
Do you work at the post office?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
so by your logic.....

If you hadn't been making these stupid comments in this forum, some maniac you pissed off wouldn't be thinking about hunting you down and killing you.

So you equate posting on a forum to physical threats and in your face harassment? Really?

Venn

Never thought I see the day when skateboarders are like the Blood and Crips. I think I will go watch "Gran Torino"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Never thought I see the day when skateboarders are like the Blood and Crips. I think I will go watch "Gran Torino"

The times, they are a'changing. Kids don't fear getting in trouble anymore, and they're not taught basic respect and courtesy.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
so by your logic.....

If I die today, it's gonna be entirely on your head.

RPM

So you equate posting on a forum to physical threats and in your face harassment? Really?

what proof do you have that these kids physically threatened that man?

what proof do you have that they were harassing that man?

seems just as likely to me that arminger was the instigator and a bully because they were skateboarding in "his" (debatable) parking lot.

bohman

I'm sure this would work great!! And I doubt the punks would come back a few nights later with their friends and say 100,000 rounds & just light up on your house...that surely wouldnt happen!!! kids just don't do that sort of stuff...

:killingme Hey, I said I'd try calling the cops first. I mentioned the fact that the little bastards know where you live in the nails & 2x4 thread. But if the cops can't/don't help...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

seems just as likely to me that arminger was the instigator and a bully because they were skateboarding in "his" (debatable) parking lot.

Your argument has officially jumped the shark.

TPD

the poor dad
But I've seen almost nobody opine that the shooting of the young hoodlum was not the wrong thing to do though. In fact, the only truly unrestrained support for the shooter that I've read came from somewhere else on line and not in this forum thread or this forum, period.

Jeez, I already said :howdy:

:rolleyes:

Sorry, folks, but I think the kids had it coming and I also believe a person has a right to protect their property, and not have to live in fear of young punks harassing and threatening them. I do not know for a fact, but I suspect that this was a last resort for Mr. Armiger. If he were the type to just go off half-cocked (ha) and start shooting at people, I believe he'd have done it long before this incident. That, to me, is a pure common sense conclusion.

So I agree with Kwillybear:

In an ideal world, punk kids wouldn't harass others. Next ideal would be if cops actually prevented that sort of thing from happening, or at least caught and arrested the offenders. Least ideal is to have to take matters into your own hands, but if #1 and #2 fail, that's all we're left with.

:yeahthat: so make me #3 of those who agree with Mr. A's actions.

RPMDAD

I would like it on the record that this RPMDAD is not related to The RPM poster on this thread. I think Mr. A went to far with the shooting, but feel he was pushed over the edge in to it, by the youths...

poster

What proof do you have that they were not?
Police were already on the way to the scene before any shots were fired.

The kids involved are not residents of Solomons Landing - correct?
They were trespassing, for them to be pepper sprayed they would have had to be in close proximity to him. I seriously doubt they couldn't outrun on their bikes and boards a 66 yr old man with a can of spray chasing them.

They bucked up to him and got more than they expected.
He lost his cool and gave them more than he should have.

The bottom line is these kids are no angels, the community should band together and they should be punished for their responsibility in this horrible event, they're not without fault here.

I don't agree with Mr. Arminger's actions and he should be punished however I do believe he was provoked.

"Skateboarding" is not the issue. Perhaps keeping track of what your kids are doing and where they are is more the issue.

poster

i understand. it's much easier for you to just speculate and stereotype these kids.

it's not worth discussing when someone actually asks for proof of your accusations.

Again, I don't understand the 'stereotype' you speak of.
Bad kids are bad kids.
Walking, running, biking, boarding.
Not all the kids were on skateboards.
Skateboarding has nothing to do with it - trespassing does.