15 Year Old Shot at Solomons Landing

RPM

What proof do you have that they were not?
Police were already on the way to the scene before any shots were fired.

The kids involved are not residents of Solomons Landing - correct?
They were trespassing, for them to be pepper sprayed they would have had to be in close proximity to him. I seriously doubt they couldn't outrun on their bikes and boards a 66 yr old man with a can of spray chasing them.

They bucked up to him and got more than they expected.
He lost his cool and gave them more than he should have.

The bottom line is these kids are no angels, the community should band together and they should be punished for their responsibility in this horrible event, they're not without fault here.

I don't agree with Mr. Arminger's actions and he should be punished however I do believe he was provoked.

"Skateboarding" is not the issue. Perhaps keeping track of what your kids are doing and where they are is more the issue.

An excellent post! I can not argue a single comment you made. please understand that my comments are geared towards the crazy people that think mr. armingers actions were "the right thing to do".

on second thought, the kids shouldnt have needed to run from him. i doubt they are angels, they were trespassing. doesnt mean that man was threatened in any way.

you are assuming they "bucked up" to him right? is it possible that they just didn't back down??? be honest.......

Last edited:

poster

An excellent post! I can not argue a single comment you made. please understand that my comments are geared towards the crazy people that think mr. armingers actions were "the right thing to do".

I haven't read every comment but I have to say I don't think the overall feeling is that Mr. A's actions were "the right thing to do".
Most people say the kids were wrong AND he was wrong.

The vibe I got from you however was that the kids haven't done anything wrong and Mr. A should be burned at the cross.

poster

on second thought, the kids shouldnt have needed to run from him. i doubt they are angels, they were trespassing. doesnt mean that man was threatened in any way.

you are assuming they "bucked up" to him right? is it possible that they just didn't back down??? be honest.......

It is possible but I seriously doubt it considering comments I have heard from residents of the community.
I believe your comment is contradictory though, this is one in the same.
If they're not to be there, asked to leave and refuse to do so.
Not "backing down" in my opinion is bucking up. Also what actions were they not backing down from, a request for them to leave was the start of this.

Whether he was threatened or not is up to the judge/jurors to decide.
In any event he was in the wrong to shoot, same goes for the kids to even be present.

Last edited:

califgirl72

I was there when it happened, and it's totally fascinating to me to read these posts and how people can make judgements about something they know little about. It's evident that some of the comments were made without even reading the full thread!

The kids had been harassing the residents off and on for at least a year - I can remember times last summer. They would come into the actual condo areas, on the decks and skateboard through the buildings, and off the steps. They were asked repeatedly to leave and told that this was not allowed due to safety and liability issues. And when asked if they lived there, sometimes they would lie and say they did. At times they would get mouthy and rude. But they usually left, only to return at a later time.

The police WERE AWARE! Some people have posted "why didn't someone call 911??" HELLO, 911 was called many times! I was told by a resident that the police even knew who the kids were before any of this happened. MY QUESTION is why didn't they call their parents, why didn't they drag their butts into jail!!

Mr. Armiger is a kind and decent man who was pushed to his limit. He is a good neighbor to have, always there when asked for help. I don't for a minute believe he meant to hurt that boy, only to scare him. I don't condone what he did, but I understand the level of frustration and disgust. The altercation that occurred prior to the shooting was UGLY. Nasty things were said by the kids to an older female resident, cursing, etc. Just out and out rude. I swear if that had been my son who said those thing to an adult, he wouldn't have seen the light of day for months! Earlier they had been at a different building causing issues - which prompted a call to 911. Which is why the cops got there so soon after the shooting - they were already on their way.

This is a sad situation all around. A good man allowed a rude bunch of punks to insult him and push him to his limit and he made a mistake in judgement. If the parents of these kids had a clue as to where they were all the time, what they were up to AND the cops had done something in the beginning, I think all of this could have been avoided.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

mAlice said:
actually, the kid was shot on 765 according to the reports, lots of people walk, exercise, and bicycle along that sidewalk and drive down that road, not to mention rt 2/4 is another 20ft away. Seems to me that anyone in the area would have been endangered.

Maybe being a gun owner i hold myself and other gun owners to a higher standard, but IMO what the old guy did was not OK

Considering the way this story is leaning, I'm not entirely convinced I've read and heard the truth, and nothing but the truth. I don't know that his leg was shattered, I don't know that his friends didn't carry him out there so that he'd be off of private property when found, and I don't know that Mr A followed him that far to shoot him.

You don't seem to know much but it hasn't prevented you from make assumptions against the kids.
From the story, it didn't sound like mr arminger chased them, but rather fired at them from a distance. The fact that the police were practically on the scene adds credence to the kids story that they were on the street when the shots were fired.

I was there when it happened, and it's totally fascinating to me to read these posts and how people can make judgements about something they know little about. It's evident that some of the comments were made without even reading the full thread!

The kids had been harassing the residents off and on for at least a year - I can remember times last summer. They would come into the actual condo areas, on the decks and skateboard through the buildings, and off the steps. They were asked repeatedly to leave and told that this was not allowed due to safety and liability issues. And when asked if they lived there, sometimes they would lie and say they did. At times they would get mouthy and rude. But they usually left, only to return at a later time.

The police WERE AWARE! Some people have posted "why didn't someone call 911??" HELLO, 911 was called many times! I was told by a resident that the police even knew who the kids were before any of this happened. MY QUESTION is why didn't they call their parents, why didn't they drag their butts into jail!!

Mr. Armiger is a kind and decent man who was pushed to his limit. He is a good neighbor to have, always there when asked for help. I don't for a minute believe he meant to hurt that boy, only to scare him. I don't condone what he did, but I understand the level of frustration and disgust. The altercation that occurred prior to the shooting was UGLY. Nasty things were said by the kids to an older female resident, cursing, etc. Just out and out rude. I swear if that had been my son who said those thing to an adult, he wouldn't have seen the light of day for months! Earlier they had been at a different building causing issues - which prompted a call to 911. Which is why the cops got there so soon after the shooting - they were already on their way.

This is a sad situation all around. A good man allowed a rude bunch of punks to insult him and push him to his limit and he made a mistake in judgement. If the parents of these kids had a clue as to where they were all the time, what they were up to AND the cops had done something in the beginning, I think all of this could have been avoided.

Wirelessly posted

You don't seem to know much but it hasn't prevented you from make assumptions against the kids.
From the story, it didn't sound like mr arminger chased them, but rather fired at them from a distance. The fact that the police were practically on the scene adds credence to the kids story that they were on the street when the shots were fired.
Looks like you are assuming too... per the eyewitness who just posted... the reason the cops were there so soon was because others had already called 911 on the boys.

PrepH4U

Good post! Sure brings to light a lot of what people were "assuming" about those little angels.

poster

Looks like you are assuming too... per the eyewitness who just posted... the reason the cops were there so soon was because others had already called 911 on the boys.

Exactly, 911 was called before shots fired when the incident started.
However police were called many other times over the last year or more for various other incidents also.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
what proof do you have that these kids physically threatened that man?

what proof do you have that they were harassing that man?

seems just as likely to me that arminger was the instigator and a bully because they were skateboarding in "his" (debatable) parking lot.

Have you read any of their facebook pages? they were bragging about their exploits.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They might be punks, and they certainly deserve to be prosecuted for whatever crimes they actually comitted, But the charecterization that they are somehow akin to gangs is ridiculous. (general statement not pointed directly at you).

There were a lot of assumptions on my part but built on having.lived in Solomon's and dealing with these kids in the past. Wasn't too much of a stretch to come to a conclusion of what you saying.

Fox news has lost all respect and Will Thomas is the WORST reporter I've ever seen sensational a news story. They've already convicted Mr Armiger for shooting at innocent little angels that were just looking for a place to skate.

I'm hoping this incident will keep these punks away so you and your neighbors can enjoy your neighborhood in peace. Hope eceryone comes out in support of Mr Armiger when he needs it.

Last edited:

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

kwillia said:

Wirelessly posted

I didn't make any statements as to why the police were there so soon. Only that the police being there so soon discredited the idea that the kids dragged their shot up buddy to the street to make themselves seem more innocent.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was there when it happened, and it's totally fascinating to me to read these posts and how people can make judgements about something they know little about. It's evident that some of the comments were made without even reading the full thread!.

Thank you. This perspective..your perspective....was needed here, methinks.

xobxdoc

There were a lot of assumptions on my part but built on having.lived in Solomon's and dealing with these kids in the past. Wasn't too much of a stretch to come to a conclusion of what you saying.

Fox news has lost all respect and Will Thomas is the WORST reporter I've ever seen sensational a news story. They've already convicted Mr Armiger for shooting at innocent little angels that were just looking for a place to skate.

I'm hoping this incident will keep these punks away so you and your neighbors can enjoy your neighborhood in peace. Hope eceryone comes out in support of Mr Armiger when he needs it.

Apparently you have never seen a Pat Collins report.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

itsbob said:
They might be punks, and they certainly deserve to be prosecuted for whatever crimes they actually comitted, But the charecterization that they are somehow akin to gangs is ridiculous. (general statement not pointed directly at you).

I agree that they should be prosecuted for any crimes that they have committed. But I don't see what I would describe as gang activity. Wrong, rude, and possibly even criminal, but not a gang activity.
Additionally, none of what the recent poster said justifies shooting anybody, particulary randomly fireing toward two busy roads.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
[
but not a gang activity.

So..yr saying that if they do not have the tats and the hand signs all down pat ..its all good.

Got it.

But I won't wait to have the gangsta diplomatic protocols passed if they show up at my my place. Of course you can and probably would. Just sayin...

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

Gilligan said:
[
but not a gang activity.

So..yr saying that if they do not have the tats and the hand signs all down pat ..its all good.

Got it.

But I won't wait to have the gangsta diplomatic protocols passed if they show up at my my place. Of course you can and probably would. Just sayin...

:yawn: calling these kids a gang is a gross exaggeration, it is about as accurate as calling mr arminger a gun crazed lunitic. (not that i beleive he is, it would be just as accurate though)

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wirelessly posted

:yawn: calling these kids a gang is a gross exaggeration, it is about as accurate as calling mr arminger a gun crazed lunitic. (not that i beleive he is, it would be just as accurate though)

How many teenagers in a group terrorizing multiple neighborhoods would constitute a gang? More than 2? 3? How about 5? Or 8?

Just curious as to your definition of a gang.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

itsbob said:
Wirelessly posted

How many teenagers in a group terrorizing multiple neighborhoods would constitute a gang? More than 2? 3? How about 5? Or 8?

Just curious as to your definition of a gang.

My definition of gun crazed lunatic could easy describe the actions of mr arminger, but I wouldnt use thT term for him anymore than I would gang for this group of cussing skateboarders
Plus I don't think the exaggerations make your argument any stronger ( on either side)