5 year old suspended for cap gun

sockgirl77

The questioning without notifying the parents first was totally wrong no matter what.

Again, we're only reading what the parents are saying. Perhaps the school could not get ahold of the parents right away. We don't know that it really was 2 hours. We also do not know what questions the school asked. The school had every right to ask Little Johnny why he brought the toy to school and such. And as far as the kid peeing himself, it could have been a normal 5-year old reaction to being in the principal's office. Sorry, I just choose to not believe that the school is in the wrong until I know the whole story.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
And you could not come up with any other word to fit?

Once again (whoops, forgot the "y") Your preconceived word meanings fail you.

They're only wrong if this was the true story. I'll reserve my opinion until the entire story comes out. Right now, we're just reading the parents' side.

Too bad you don’t adhere to that thought process in the graduation thread, you read one persons side of the story and instantly judged it to be not worthy of airing, yet you have no experience in the matter.

And no, I'm not following you around, I just find it ironic how you can say one thing in one thread and then go to another thread and have a totally different thought process.

Last edited:

sockgirl77

Once again our preconceived word meanings fail you.

Too bad you don’t adhere to that thought process in the graduation thread, you read one persons side of the story and instantly judged it to be not worthy of airing, yet you have no experience in the matter.

And no, I'm not following you around, I just find it ironic how you can say one thing in one thread and then go to another thread and have a totally different thought process.

Okay.

pebbles

Again, we're only reading what the parents are saying. Perhaps the school could not get ahold of the parents right away. We don't know that it really was 2 hours. We also do not know what questions the school asked. The school had every right to ask Little Johnny why he brought the toy to school and such. And as far as the kid peeing himself, it could have been a normal 5-year old reaction to being in the principal's office. Sorry, I just choose to not believe that the school is in the wrong until I know the whole story.

All I know is this hit home since that very well could've been my kid, we had a similar incident that very same day that I mentioned earlier. AND let me tell you, had that happened to him, the school would have seen CRAZY!

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Yet you believe other news reports about child molesters, rapists, criminals, etc without an ounce of doubt, but this story, naw, it’s flawed, it can’t be right.:coffee:

Why would the parents lie to the press and then go out and get a lawyer, don't you think the lawyer will uncover those lies? Don't you think the school system will also uncover those lies and release a statement showing the parents are lying and egg on their face.

How you blindly believe in one thing the press says and distrust another is truly amazing, it makes for fascinating reading.:coffee:

sockgirl77

Yet you believe other news reports about child molesters, rapists, criminals, etc without an ounce of doubt, but this story, naw, it’s flawed, it can’t be right.:coffee:

Why would the parents lie to the press and then go out and get a lawyer, don't you think the lawyer will uncover those lies? Don't you think the school system will also uncover those lies and release a statement showing the parents are lying and egg on their face.

How you blindly believe in one thing the press says and distrust another is truly amazing, it makes for fascinating reading.:coffee:

I believe those reports because they are press releases from the police. Big difference.

Parents lie to the press every day.

sockgirl77

All I know is this hit home since that very well could've been my kid, we had a similar incident that very same day that I mentioned earlier. AND let me tell you, had that happened to him, the school would have seen CRAZY!

And I may just feel the very same way if it comes out that it is true, but I'm just skeptical about it. :shrug:

sockgirl77

And you think the police tell the truth every time, amazing.

I think that the police are a little more credible than an emotional parent. I also think that the police are not going to release information about an arrest if they have not done their job correctly.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I think that the police are a little more credible than an emotional parent. I also think that the police are not going to release information about an arrest if they have not done their job correctly.

So I'm not to trust anything you say because you are an emotionial parent, okay, I can live with that.

Goldenhawk

I suggest a civil disobedience school day. Every kid in elementary school should be intentionally be sent to school with a GI Joe holding a tiny plastic toy gun this week. Instruct them to chew their lunch cookie into the shape of a pistol and show the teacher. Make sure they don't forget to point their pencil at the teacher and say "Bang, bang." Force the administrators to suspend the entire school - or realize how utterly stupid they're being.