American Idol/Queen

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
Anyone know who or what they're singing this week?

Why of course, another frickn' guy to emmulate (Rod Stewart)... thereby YET AGAIN the girls are having to make the songs "their own" -- where's the Barbara Streisand weeks? The Pointer Sisters Week? The Judds Week? Judy Garland Week ... (ok, maybe that was a little extreme), but I believe I've made my point... if Chris or Ace or any of the other guys had to sing girl songs/girl group songs for the past 6 weeks, they probably would be out of the competition, just the same as the girls have been being voted off. I think its quite clearly obvious AI wants a guy to be their record star this year :frown: Again, they've had Stevie Wonder week, Barry Manilow week, Queen week, Kenny Rogers week, etc... and this week its Rod Stewart week. :mad: It's rigged :drama: :bawl: :drama: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

camily

Peace
dems4me said:
Why of course, another frickn' guy to emmulate (Rod Stewart)... thereby YET AGAIN the girls are having to make the songs "their own" -- where's the Barbara Streisand weeks? The Pointer Sisters Week? The Judds Week? Judy Garland Week ... (ok, maybe that was a little extreme), but I believe I've made my point... if Chris or Ace or any of the other guys had to sing girl songs/girl group songs for the past 6 weeks, they probably would be out of the competition, just the same as the girls have been being voted off. I think its quite clearly obvious AI wants a guy to be their record star this year :frown: Again, they've had Stevie Wonder week, Barry Manilow week, Queen week, Kenny Rogers week, etc... and this week its Rod Stewart week. :mad: It's rigged :drama: :bawl: :drama: :lol:
:yay: I agree! Not fair at all.

Toxick

Splat
dems4me said:
Again, they've had Stevie Wonder week, Barry Manilow week, Queen week, Kenny Rogers week, etc... and this week its Rod Stewart week. :mad: It's rigged :drama: :bawl: :drama: :lol:

Well, to be fair, Barry Manilow week and Kenny Rogers week were actually 50's Week and Country Week - i.e. the songs were not specific to guys - it's just that their voice-coach those weeks were guys.

And with Stevie Wonder and Queen - I don't really think the guys had too much of an edge over the ladies during those weeks. Both Stevie Wonder and Freddie Mercury can both crank up the falsetto when they want to.

Of course, I would like to see how Chris and Elliot would do in a "Pattie Labelle Week" or a "Madonna" week.

Fantasy American Idol time: Pick a Madonna song for each contestant to sing :lol:

D

dems4me

Toxick said:
Well, to be fair, Barry Manilow week and Kenny Rogers week were actually 50's Week and Country Week - i.e. the songs were not specific to guys - it's just that their voice-coach those weeks were guys.

And with Stevie Wonder and Queen - I don't really think the guys had too much of an edge over the ladies during those weeks. Both Stevie Wonder and Freddie Mercury can both crank up the falsetto when they want to.

Of course, I would like to see how Chris and Elliot would do in a "Pattie Labelle Week" or a "Madonna" week.

Fantasy American Idol time: Pick a Madonna song for each contestant to sing :lol:

Now there's an idea :yay: :lol:

Still, I don't think Mandisa had a fair shake during Kenny Rogers week, Queen, Stevie Wonder (yes definately), Rod Stewart and definately not Barry Manilow.. :lol:

But yes, I'd vote for a madonna week, or better yet, I'd like to see Chris screech out a Brittny Spears song. :roflmao:

Toxick

Splat
Toxick said:

Here's what I came up with - I wasn't trying to be funny on any of these. I tried to pick the songs that best fit the contestants:

Katherine: Music
Kellie: Beautiful Stranger
Paris: Like a Prayer
Taylor: Hanky Panky
Elliot: Crazy for you
Chris: Rescue Me
Ace: Open Your Heart

just.me

Toxick said:
Here's what I came up with - I wasn't trying to be funny on any of these. I tried to pick the songs that best fit the contestants:

Katherine: Music
Kellie: Beautiful Stranger
Paris: Like a Prayer
Taylor: Hanky Panky
Elliot: Crazy for you
Chris: Rescue Me
Ace: Open Your Heart

What about Kelly doing "Papa Don't Preach"?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well it wasn't Rod Stewart songs it was the "classics". I thought that all of them were really good with the exception of Ms. Pickler. I don't know how it impacted her fan base but if the vote was solely on performance she would be going bye-bye.

Jameo

What?!
Ken King said:
Well it wasn't Rod Stewart songs it was the "classics". I thought that all of them were really good with the exception of Ms. Pickler. I don't know how it impacted her fan base but if the vote was solely on performance she would be going bye-bye.

:yeahthat: And of course Chris was totally :hot: :drool:

camily

Peace
I think they all did great escept for Kelly. She can go as far as I am concerned, oh, and Ace too. I hate his "attempted dreamy but really scary" eyes.

donbarzini

camily said:
I think they all did great escept for Kelly. She can go as far as I am concerned, oh, and Ace too. I hate his "attempted dreamy but really scary" eyes.

My wife whacked me in the back of the head when I said: "Look, his hair is so tight his eyes are bulging.". She didn't think it was funny. And why the hell does he always bend over when he sings?

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I cant believe the bottom 3. I knew it was between Ace and Pickler. :ohwell:

But paris and chris in the bottom. Come on

M

missperky

sunflower said:
I cant believe the bottom 3. I knew it was between Ace and Pickler. :ohwell:

But paris and chris in the bottom. Come on

The bottom 3 was messed up. Wake up america.

BuddyLee

Football addict
missperky said:
The bottom 3 was messed up. Wake up america.
I think it's for ratings. Do you really think Chris was on the bottom three? As long as one goes and the rest stay in the supposed 'bottom three' they don't have to tell you jack.