Child neglect?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Getting out of bed in the morning puts you at risk. And even then, many people die in their sleep, so sleeping puts you at risk.

Eating puts you at risk.

Breathing puts you at risk.

Trying to be born puts you at risk.

There is nothing - no thing - that you will ever do in your life that doesn't put you at risk of death or injury.

No kidding. Since all of those things put you at risk, you must be in favor of allowing all burglars to walk since you accept that life is risky.

Drunk driving, and leaving kids unattended, are unacceptable risks in my opinion, in the opinion of the legislature, and in the opinion of most people. You can try to change that, but the "I turned out fine" argument isn't going to help much.

Risk isn't all or nothing. Driving is a risk. If another driver is drunk the risk is higher. It's like you're saying that because we accept the risk of driving, we should accept the increased risk of drunk drivers.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Now you're over the edge because you know you're wrong and merely acting on hysterical emotion but are not willing to admit it.

My work here is done.

no, you are the one who said we shouldn't outlaw the potential danger, only the end consequence. If you didn't mean that you want us not to prosecute drunk drivers, what did you mean?

sockgirl77

But *you're* the one who just stated that you can't understand why we can't see the point. :rolleyes:

No, I do not understand why you cannot see that the crime rate has gone up tremendously since you were a kid. I do not see how you can possibly deny that. But, I know my kids are safe when I take them to the store because I'm not a lazy ass mother. :shrug:

MMDad

Lem Putt
No, I do not understand why you cannot see that the crime rate has gone up tremendously since you were a kid. I do not see how you can possibly deny that. But, I know my kids are safe when I take them to the store because I'm not a lazy ass mother. :shrug:

It hasn't. We have just become far more aware.

KDENISE977

ah, the cry of the nannies :yay:

what was the threat these children were saved from?

Okay, I understand that we have different ideas of what acceptable parenting is, but for the love of god can you please, please, PLEASE capitalize at the beginning of a sentance? :cds:

Cali Transplant

Have boat will travel
"
Violent crime in the United States has dropped, the FBI has reported, with today's crime rate now similar to what it was in the 1960s.
Although there was no reason given for the decline, the FBI presented on Monday statistics that show that for the first half of the year, from January to June, violent crime, which includes murder, rape and theft, dropped by 6.4 percent, compared to the same time period in 2010.

Read more at Violent Crime Rate in US Keeps Dropping, Lowest Since 1960s "

:whistle:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I am not a lazy ass mother either, so you can go eff yourself. How's that.

sockgirl77

That isn't crime rate. The crime rate is way down. The number of incidents is up, but not as much as the increase in population.

Okay, the amount of arrests, murders, rapes, stabbings, shooting, and the likes are up. Just not the rate itself.

sockgirl77

so are the amount of people who dont commit crimes.

That really does not matter when it comes to protecting your child. Let me let my kids stay in the car all alone. There may be double the amount of criminals in the area, but that's okay because there are double the amount of non-criminals as well.

sockgirl77

well i think the gov, should have forced your vagina sewn shut after the first out of wedlock kid

And it's your right to think that way. But, I'm not breaking any laws and rest assured...I'm taking care of my kids. They are safe and they are not eating up your tax dollars. :yay:

somdfunguy

not impressed
And it's your right to think that way. But, I'm not breaking any laws and rest assured...I'm taking care of my kids. They are safe and they are not eating up your tax dollars. :yay:

they are not now, but Im sure they were and will again as soon as they can. you were not raised right so im sure you are teaching your kids the wrong things as well.