Eggs

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
12E96C29-6BF6-4E54-9E26-FC86CC0A3365.jpeg

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

The largest global bird flu outbreak in recorded history has combined with increased costs of fuel, feed and packaging to create a national egg shortage that's about to become worse.

One of the reasons behind the sudden shortage is the outbreak of bird flu that, after starting last year, has killed millions of birds in a dozen countries around the world, including poultry and wild birds. In the U.S., more than 58 million birds in 47 states have been affected, according to the Department of Agriculture.

But disruptions in the supply chain have also played a part in the current national shortage, as have inflation and the increased cost of gasoline and diesel last year. But while inflation was reined in by the end of last year, the price of eggs peaked in December, when the average cost for a dozen eggs in U.S. cities reached $4.25, $1.78 more than a year earlier.

The future, as Easter approaches, doesn't seem to bring a solution. The costs of fuel, transportation, feed and packaging have increased since the COVID-19 pandemic. The bird flu, which usually hits during migration in spring only to once again disappear a few months down the line, did not come and go last year. It stayed, and it has given no signs of slowing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The bird flu, which usually hits during migration in spring only to once again disappear a few months down the line, did not come and go last year. It stayed, and it has given no signs of slowing.
So the obvious answer is...

FLU SHOTS FOR BIRDS!! MORE! LONGER! HARDER! FASTER!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
How did one of the largest egg production plants burn down during a national egg shortage?
Well, makes sense when you think about it. The hens that could still lay eggs were put under huge pressure to make up the difference in supply. Fast and furious. The faster the eggs are produced, the more friction is created. Eventually reached the point of spontaneous combustion. At that point they were only laying already-cooked eggs anyway.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Tucker had a segment on tonight that people are questioning issues with purina brand feeds for large livestock, horses and chickens. My friend that has horses recently mentioned such issues (as she feeds her horses purina) and I called when the show was on to ask if her chickens were also on a purina brand feed. Her chickens have not been producing much (she attributed it to shorter days) but were on a purina based feed. Her husband recently bought a different feed and within days, the hens are laying eggs. I know the days are getting longer but I can't help but say....
HMMMM
I never have trusted purina and this makes me mistrust them even more.

TPD

the poor dad
Tucker had a segment on tonight that people are questioning issues with purina brand feeds for large livestock, horses and chickens. My friend that has horses recently mentioned such issues (as she feeds her horses purina) and I called when the show was on to ask if her chickens were also on a purina brand feed. Her chickens have not been producing much (she attributed it to shorter days) but were on a purina based feed. Her husband recently bought a different feed and within days, the hens are laying eggs. I know the days are getting longer but I can't help but say....
HMMMM
I never have trusted purina and this makes me mistrust them even more.
That is interesting. I didn’t watch Tucker tonight, but generally speaking, I don’t trust big Ag. We (farmers) have been forced to buy things over the years that we don’t always want , but it is what big Ag wants us to use/buy.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

This bird flu thingy. Birds/winged fowl, fly, right? Many of them are migratory, right? So why is it that only US chickens are getting hammered and not other chicken and egg producers in other countries? Why doesn't this bird flu traverse the world like the human flu? Inquiring minds and all that.

Worlds_Top_10_Egg_Producers_R2.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...

No bird flu here. Just an accidental breakout of a bird destroying fire, again. If things like this happening once or twice is considered a coincidence, what is it called when near, or over, 100 incidences in food processing plants go up in smoke? As well as in other countries? It sure is a curious phenomenon.

1675790201021.png

3CATSAILOR

I have my flock tested twice a year by the USDA and I am National Poultry Improvement Program (NPIP) Compliant which means my birds are regularly monitored and continue to test negative. Even small backyard flocks are required to be registered with the USDA in case of an outbreak so all poultry owners can be notified of important poultry related news.
The black snakes love the eggs. They get them for free.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Chickens poop on average every 30-45 minutes which is why they are used to play Chicken Sh_t Bingo LOL:
Good times at Old Gum. One of the largest fights ever broke out there (and there were many of those) was when the chicken crapped right on the intersection between four squares.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

The last Black snake was seen fleeing the scene with a rake in hot pursuit of it so I doubt that one is coming back LOL

WTAF? Did you purposefully capitalize the word 'black' to describe a black snake? My, my, my, aren't you the up-to-date virtue signaler. What a liberal cuck.