Electric Car News

phreddyp

Just returned from a trip where we had to wait for 3.5 hours to pick up a rental car. The reason for the wait, NO ONE wanted the EV's. You had to wait in-line for a gas powered vehicle to be returned.
Weather was great in CO this past week, problem was there's no reliable infrastructure in place.
What was the nature of your trip?

somdwatch

What was the nature of your trip?
It really doesn't matter does it? All people arriving from the airport to Budget rental were stuck in the same process. Go in, Check In at the front desk, go out wait in line for a care to be "assigned" to you. Get to front of second line and be asked Gas or EV.

If it were business, I might be able to make that business event, but let's play what I suspect is the reason for you question.

I would have been conducting business at Pike's Peak, the person before me or Budget didn't charge the vehicle to full. I made it to Pike's Peak fine. However, there were no chargers at Pike's Peak. No problem, I'll coast the 19 miles down, hope those bicylists stay the hell outta my way!🤣

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Just returned from a trip where we had to wait for 3.5 hours to pick up a rental car. The reason for the wait, NO ONE wanted the EV's. You had to wait in-line for a gas powered vehicle to be returned.
Weather was great in CO this past week, problem was there's no reliable infrastructure in place.
Did you ask them how much THEY would PAY YOU to take one of the EVs?

somdwatch

Did you ask them how much THEY would PAY YOU to take one of the EVs?
Unfortunately, those poor employees were being run ragged that you actually feel for them based on what our government has wrongfully meddled in.
After typing that other thoughts came to mind.
We pay for convienience, NOTHING the government implements offers any convienience. If you know of one let me know after 60 plus years I have yet to find one.

glhs837

Power with Control
At a time when police pursuits are increasing.

Do you now long pursuits normally last? Not very long.
OK kamala I see your point, polls aren't worth anything unless they jive with your viewpoint.

Not what I said. I said to vet the the poll/survey data sources and look for possible bias of the folks doing to information gathering. Always vet ALL data sources. Even your own experience. If you land at SEATAC and drive north through Seattle, you will get a far different perception of Washington State than if you head southeast towards Mount Rainer, or take the ferry over to Southworth and drive north.

Like the Trump poll issue, where he polls lower than he get votes for. The thought is that people are embarrassed to say they are voting for him, but will still vote for him. Or maybe the group polling just calls more liberals.

So, when I look at census data bout number of cars per household, I cannot see either a reason for anyone to lie about that on the forms, or the govt to massage that data. Tell what logic leads you to think that data is wrong.

P.S. Calling me a liberal doesnt do anything, you know. You seem to think that because I don't think the way you do about EVs, I must be liberal :)

I do look for EV rentals when I travel. But if there is not available charging like my recent trip to the Bremerton area (although there will be next year since a 12 port Supercharger was waiting final hook up a few weeks back) or I cant get one for the same price as the intermediate sedan I normally rent, then I wont get one.

Hertz did a horrible job on purchasing and rollout. And not allowing a return state of charge below a certain point without stupid penalties was a poor choice as well.

EDIT: I see it was Budget.

phreddyp

Do you now long pursuits normally last? Not very long.

Not what I said. I said to vet the the poll/survey data sources and look for possible bias of the folks doing to information gathering. Always vet ALL data sources. Even your own experience. If you land at SEATAC and drive north through Seattle, you will get a far different perception of Washington State than if you head southeast towards Mount Rainer, or take the ferry over to Southworth and drive north.

Like the Trump poll issue, where he polls lower than he get votes for. The thought is that people are embarrassed to say they are voting for him, but will still vote for him. Or maybe the group polling just calls more liberals.

So, when I look at census data bout number of cars per household, I cannot see either a reason for anyone to lie about that on the forms, or the govt to massage that data. Tell what logic leads you to think that data is wrong.

P.S. Calling me a liberal doesnt do anything, you know. You seem to think that because I don't think the way you do about EVs, I must be liberal :)

I do look for EV rentals when I travel. But if there is not available charging like my recent trip to the Bremerton area (although there will be next year since a 12 port Supercharger was waiting final hook up a few weeks back) or I cant get one for the same price as the intermediate sedan I normally rent, then I wont get one.

Hertz did a horrible job on purchasing and rollout. And not allowing a return state of charge below a certain point without stupid penalties was a poor choice as well.

EDIT: I see it was Budget.
Nope, I know that you are a liberal because you act and speak like a liberal. I don't care if it does anything, what on earth makes you think that I do. Plenty of folks on this site call out liberals, in fact if you took a poll you would see this but you wouldn't acknowledge it unless the poll came out your way.

Like I've said before you are entertaining though, just like some of the other liberals that post here.

phreddyp

It really doesn't matter does it? All people arriving from the airport to Budget rental were stuck in the same process. Go in, Check In at the front desk, go out wait in line for a care to be "assigned" to you. Get to front of second line and be asked Gas or EV.

If it were business, I might be able to make that business event, but let's play what I suspect is the reason for you question.

I would have been conducting business at Pike's Peak, the person before me or Budget didn't charge the vehicle to full. I made it to Pike's Peak fine. However, there were no chargers at Pike's Peak. No problem, I'll coast the 19 miles down, hope those bicylists stay the hell outta my way!🤣
Just checking CO is a cool state like the Southwest part vs the northwest vs the eastern plains vs the foothills a lot of different parts make the whole. Guess I should have asked what part were you in, instead of the nature of the trip.

glhs837

Power with Control
Nope, I know that you are a liberal because you act and speak like a liberal. I don't care if it does anything, what on earth makes you think that I do. Plenty of folks on this site call out liberals, in fact if you took a poll you would see this but you wouldn't acknowledge it unless the poll came out your way.

Like I've said before you are entertaining though, just like some of the other liberals that post here.

Hmmm, well, since you know one thing that's wrong, who knows what else you know that's wrong. Me, I'm more of a libertarian than anything else, I suppose. Registered independent, almost vote R though as they are slightly better than the Ds.

Sorry your judgement is so poor. You should see someone about that. :)

phreddyp

Hmmm, well, since you know one thing that's wrong, who knows what else you know that's wrong. Me, I'm more of a libertarian than anything else, I suppose. Registered independent, almost vote R though as they are slightly better than the Ds.

Sorry your judgement is so poor. You should see someone about that. :)
My judgement is spot on, you can deny it if you want to, makes no difference to me cleopatra.

somdwatch

Just checking CO is a cool state like the Southwest part vs the northwest vs the eastern plains vs the foothills a lot of different parts make the whole. Guess I should have asked what part were you in, instead of the nature of the trip.
We were in Denver. It is a very cool state. Some policies I prolly disagree on (Boulder) but seems to work for them and is really a beautiful town.