Fahrenheit 9/11 Thread...

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by Spoiled
i dont consider my self a democrat, i am independant that wants bush gone with left views...

Why do many of today's Democrats refer to themselves as Independents? Hell, even Mikey Moore was found to be a registered Democrat (twice!), even though he claims to be Independent.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628041moore1.html

It's nice to see that even while they bash Bush, they are too ashamed of their own candidates to call themselves Dems.

{Edited above, to exclude those Dems who do call themselves Dems, TYVM}

Last edited:

valentino

Originally posted by Steve
Why do all of today's Democrats refer to themselves as Independents? Hell, even Mikey Moore was found to be a registered Democrat (twice!), even though he claims to be Independent.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628041moore1.html

It's nice to see that even while they bash Bush, they are too ashamed of their own candidates to call themselves Dems.

No offense since I know everyone here knows everything, and I am a loserdoucheretardedterroristliberalpansygaysheep, but some people feel that it is important to vote in the primaries, which means you have to register as a Republican or a Democrat, Independents cannot vote in primaries when it comes to presidential elections.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by sifl
I am forced to admit that anyone who replaced 'French' with 'Freedom' is a moron.
I think the morons are the ones who got so up in arms over something so minor. That was the funnest part of all - when liberals and the Frenchies started foaming at the mouth over someone saying "freedom" instead of "french".

:dance:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Steve
Why do many of today's Democrats refer to themselves as Independents?
What's just as amusing are the ones who've decided to call themselves "progressives" instead of "liberals" because of the negative connotation "liberal" carries.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Liberal Spin features:

* Complain about status, but never offer any real solutions.
* Never answer direct questions, just spew canned statements.
* Twist laws to promote and support Liberal objectives.
* Maintain that more taxes for the "rich" will solve everything.
* Pretend that Liberal/Democrat leaders are all poor folk.
* Promote fake "data" to support "fake" positions.
* Deny responsibility for actions and blame on "conservatives".
* Ignore real issues and national needs because the "party" is more important.
* Offer false answers to every problem needing to be solved.
* Use "liberal" judges to attempt to change/bypass or create law.
* Bastardize congressional rules to block unwanted votes.
* Encourage the US to become subservient to the UN.
* Forget/deny their previous votes/positions when convenient.
* Gut the Military and then complain about inadequate resources.
* Create taxes & restrictions, assuming they are not included.
* Endorse by implication: "eco-terrorists" and "environmental whackos".

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by valentino
No offense since I know everyone here knows everything, and I am a loserdoucheretardedterroristliberalpansygaysheep, but some people feel that it is important to vote in the primaries, which means you have to register as a Republican or a Democrat, Independents cannot vote in primaries when it comes to presidential elections.
That isn't necessarily the truth. At times there have been open primaries, it just doesn't happen routinely. By registering Democrat you are thereby a Democrat, just like I am (even though most don't recognize it from my posts and beliefs).

Shakezula

Insert Lame Innuendo Here
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I think the morons are the ones who got so up in arms over something so minor. That was the funnest part of all - when liberals and the Frenchies started foaming at the mouth over someone saying "freedom" instead of "french".

I could be wrong- I thought what upset people so much was not saying "freedom" instead of "french" but more that anyone made an effort to do such a thing. "French fries" has been part of American vocabulary for years, and I do not think everyone thinks of France when they order them or eat them. But deliberately going and changing the name just seemed silly and so insignificant. People have better things to worry about...

valentino

Originally posted by Voter2002
Liberal Spin features:

* Complain about status, but never offer any real solutions.
* Never answer direct questions, just spew canned statements.
* Twist laws to promote and support Liberal objectives.
* Maintain that more taxes for the "rich" will solve everything.
* Pretend that Liberal/Democrat leaders are all poor folk.
* Promote fake "data" to support "fake" positions.
* Deny responsibility for actions and blame on "conservatives".
* Ignore real issues and national needs because the "party" is more important.
* Offer false answers to every problem needing to be solved.
* Use "liberal" judges to attempt to change/bypass or create law.
* Bastardize congressional rules to block unwanted votes.
* Encourage the US to become subservient to the UN.
* Forget/deny their previous votes/positions when convenient.
* Gut the Military and then complain about inadequate resources.
* Create taxes & restrictions, assuming they are not included.
* Endorse by implication: "eco-terrorists" and "environmental whackos".

Speaking on myself only...

*never done.
*seems to be done by both sides, ie. loser douche, terrorist and so on
*never implied that I agreed.
*sometimes facts are not always pleasing, to either side.
*never done.
*seems to be done more by the right.
*just trying to help.
*never tried to change laws or anything of the sort.
*done by both sides.
*if something affects the whole country, shouldn't the UN be involved?
*not sure I have done that, but maybe???
*military is very important, but when it comes to the kind of fighting we are capable of, actual military personnel is not as important in high numbers.
*not sure about creating taxes.
*eco-terrorism has its place since lots of people will not pay attention unless violence is involved.

ps- keep driving the gas guzzler while our boys are over there dying for your coolness.

sifl

:dance:
Point taken.

sifl

Originally posted by Shakezula
I could be wrong- I thought what upset people so much was not saying "freedom" instead of "french" but more that anyone made an effort to do such a thing. "French fries" has been part of American vocabulary for years, and I do not think everyone thinks of France when they order them or eat them. But deliberately going and changing the name just seemed silly and so insignificant. People have better things to worry about...
From The Straight Dope.

"Amusingly, they are now often called "American fries" in many countries."

rraley

Okay, but they're not going to and you vote them into office anyway.

I am perfectly comfortable being lumped in with Bush, Cheney, Rice, etc. Can you say the same about Ted Kennedy and Al Gore? Not to mention Valentino and Spoiled?

You see I consider myself a very independent member of the Democratic Party. I do not like to be lumped in with extremist liberals who support national gay marriage, unlimited access to abortions, and endorse a fiscal philosphy that concludes that funding fixes everything. I do not like being lumped with the rhetroic of some liberals and some Democratic leaders.

The reason that I am a Democrat is because that is the party that has done the most for the average working person in its history. When Republicans fight for tax cuts for country club members, when they fight for privatizing Social Security, when they fight for fiscal irresponsibility, I know that I am not meant for that party. When they push for unilateral, rushed wars, I know that I am not meant for that party.

Now we live in a two-party nation in which it only makes sense to be part of either party. I agree with the Democrats about 70% of the time on policies. I believe that health care coverage can be extended to more people. I believe that there are federal programs that are worthwhile. I believe in a strong America that has strong alliances. I believe in pushing for human rights around the world. The Democrats more often than not are also for those things, so I will be a part of that party.

As for lumping me in with somebody, I prefer Senator Edwards, Senator Max Cleland, Senator John Breaux, Congressman Steny Hoyer, Congressman Harold Ford, Jr. They are the best of the party.

Otter

Nothing to see here
*eco-terrorism has its place since lots of people will not pay attention unless violence is involved.

So you do promote terrorism??

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Shakezula
But deliberately going and changing the name just seemed silly and so insignificant. People have better things to worry about...
I thought so too until I saw the uproar it caused. Made the libs and French look even more stupid than they did before, if that's humanly possible. After that I was like, "Well, hell...mission accomplished." :lol:

That's why Bush's new commercial is the most effective one any politician has ever put out - it's the Democrats in their own words out of their own mouths. Republicans don't have to say a thing - just wind 'em up and let 'em go.

rraley

Yes, it does. Maybe it doesn't matter to you or the rest of the immature screamers that think they can say and do anything without repurcussion, but it DOES matter to me.

And THIS is why Kerry doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected - because his most vocal supporters are left-wing wackadoodles. But you all keep on spewing - the more you do, the less votes Kerry will get. :yay:

Vrai, I was ridiculing Spoiled with my statement. Comparing Bush to the Nazis is pointless and counterproductive and I stated that.

sifl

ps- keep driving the gas guzzler while our boys are over there dying for your coolness.
ass-tonishing

rraley

Re: For crying out loud...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Novak is a classic GOP Republican. Think Rockefeller. Think Wall street. Think GHW Bush. You will be hard pressed to associate him with the conservative movement and he is a constant critic of W.

If by classic, you mean old then yes I agree. Have you ever watched Crossfire with him on the air? If you have, you would see that he is a conservative firebrand. If he criticizes Bush, it is for overspending or not being conservative enough. Unlike Rockefeller and GHW, Novak is anti-tax and anti-spending.

sifl

Sure...in all of its forms... :rolleyes:

Do you know what eco-terrorism is???
Setting HUMMERS ablaze so they can fill the air with toxic fumes and leach toxins into the watershed because you are opposed to pollution?

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!

*never done.
*seems to be done by both sides, ie. loser douche, terrorist and so on
*sometimes facts are not always pleasing, to either side.
*never done.
*seems to be done more by the right.
*just trying to help.
*never tried to change laws or anything of the sort.
*done by both sides.
*if something affects the whole country, shouldn't the UN be involved?
*not sure I have done that, but maybe???
*military is very important, but when it comes to the kind of fighting we are capable of, actual military personnel is not as important in high numbers.
*not sure about creating taxes.

:clap: Your true colors are showing.......

eco-terrorism has it's place??? People DIE because of eco-terrorism you 'tard!

Military - your youth and inexperience is showing. When Dems slash & burn the military, it's not just military personnel - they cut & hack equipment, bases, personnel, extend replacement times of current equipment, cancel new weapons programs.....

"if something affects the whole country, shouldn't the UN be involved?" - what a 'tard statement!!!! I guess your all for shutting down our government, turning it over to the UN and forming a New World Order where we all hold hands and marvel at how the world is just one big happy family......

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
... for christ's sake
I know you are a blasphemer. Isn't it amazing that people that spell Christian and Christ with a lower case 'c' always use God, Jesus, and Christ in a derogatory manner. Why don't you use "for satan's sake"? Seems you are more aligned with that spiritual being.