firewood

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by Baywatchv8
I'm looking to buy some firewood for next season, what is the going rate around here per cord? Where can I go to get it also?

Keep a look out in the Pennysaver. They always have ads for free firewood. Either that or go towards Ridge. They always have downed tree's.

Originally posted by Baywatchv8
I'm looking to buy some firewood for next season, what is the going rate around here per cord? Where can I go to get it also?
I have a nice big seasoned oak cut into 5'-6' sections laying in my backyard (Isabel), a couple of smaller seasoned oaks and other species of trees cut into 5'-6' sections also in the back yard. Please come get them if you want them. I don't have a fireplace, need to get rid of them. There are other people in the neighborhood with downed and cut up trees you are welcome to as well.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by sleuth
That's the reason I offered to help huntr out this weekend, doing what I felt that I could handle, just being a gopher, despite my being in massive pain. Because he helped me out once.
:killingme :rolleyes:

Maybe you should re-read your offer to "help"

Originally posted by sleuth

Huntr... I'm afraid I'm going to be useless this weekend, or I assure you I would help. My tooth is killing me.:frown: And since I can't get a root canal until next week, I'm going to be juiced up on painkillers all weekend.

'Bout the only thing I could help you with is being a gopher... i.e. "Go for this... go for that.. "
Newsflash, this is a community that shares and helps. Otter, JH, James White, Tequila all came over to help at different times. And huntr has helped a couple of them out as well. He's helped a couple of other forumites out with different things. He helped you out and others called him a sucker for it. Now he knows why.

Nobody keeps a tally going of how many things were done for whom, but there is an understanding that when someone helps you out, you do what you can to return the favor. If you don't do that you get a reputation for being a taker, a mootcher, and for living off the kindness of others.

Save your money, Sleuth. But not for an engagement ring, you'll need it to rent pick up trucks, buy ladders, and pay to have your bushes hauled away and your trees cut down. You've got a reputation now, whether you feel you deserve it or not and you will find favors are few and far between.

Otter

Nothing to see here
sounds like shes just stirin the pot

There are quite a few pot stirrers in here, but Dymphna isn't one. If you notice, that post was from 2004 and none of us have forgotten the moocher she is blasting. Dymphna's post hit the nail directly on the head.

vince77

Hey,

I have 4 very large oak trees in my yard I'd like cut down, they are very near the house. I'd probably let a tree removal service come in and remove the trees for me. I think if they wrote me a check for $2500 to do it, that should cover it......:faint:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Hey,

I have 4 very large oak trees in my yard I'd like cut down, they are very near the house. I'd probably let a tree removal service come in and remove the trees for me. I think if they wrote me a check for $2500 to do it, that should cover it......:faint:

PM Sleuth

sockgirl77

I have a dead what-i-think-is-elm tree that needs to be brought down. If you have someone insured bring it down, you can have the wood (I once had it estimated at $150). It's leaning away from the house, so it shouldn't be difficult.

:killingme

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have a dead what-i-think-is-elm tree that needs to be brought down. If you have someone insured bring it down, you can have the wood (I once had it estimated at $150). It's leaning away from the house, so it shouldn't be difficult.
This is where MD DNR got it's idea for firewood permits.