FLU IS RUNNING RAMPANT

CRHS89

For your consideration ...

Suffer less? Yeah, it used to be called grandma's homemade chicken soup.

To say one could suffer less, or to have one say they suffered less, is simply a hypothesis and, to me, falls under presumption, innuendo, speculation and supposition since there is no "test" or long term study to suggest otherwise. And otherwise falls under the placebo effect.

Also, I wonder if people at all understand that the same information taught to, and available for, medical professionals, is available everywhere on the internet today hosted by very reliable and respected organizations. Back in the day, people did not run to see any medical professional for any little problem. People understood what to be watchful for when someone came down with being sick. Monitor temp and give plenty of fluids, if things were perceived to be getting worse, or not improving, for a period of time, then they would seek medical help.

We lost our resiliency and independence to self care long ago.
There are jobs that require a note to return to work after being out a certain number of days. So you are forced to go to the doctor just for the note.

3CATSAILOR

Boy has been home sick with the flu the past two days, and will be out again tomorrow. He has body aches, intermittant vomiting, no appetite, scratchy eyes, coughing, sore throat, and poor sleep. My poor Baby. 😢
Any temperature? I hear the temp has been up to 102 with it.

mitzi

My little grandson (who is two) just spent 2 days in the hospital with the croup. I thought the croup was a thing of the past. His oxygen levels were way down so Urgent Care sent them to the ER. From there, he was admitted.

PeoplesElbow

For your consideration ...

Suffer less? Yeah, it used to be called grandma's homemade chicken soup.

To say one could suffer less, or to have one say they suffered less, is simply a hypothesis and, to me, falls under presumption, innuendo, speculation and supposition since there is no "test" or long term study to suggest otherwise. And otherwise falls under the placebo effect.

Also, I wonder if people at all understand that the same information taught to, and available for, medical professionals, is available everywhere on the internet today hosted by very reliable and respected organizations. Back in the day, people did not run to see any medical professional for any little problem. People understood what to be watchful for when someone came down with being sick. Monitor temp and give plenty of fluids, if things were perceived to be getting worse, or not improving, for a period of time, then they would seek medical help.

We lost our resiliency and independence to self care long ago.
I get a dry cough in the fall that doesn't seem to go away until I get some prescription cough syrup, throat gets torn up from it unless I go in. The nurse always wants to listen to my lungs and heart before she gives me some. I've tried OTC cough medicine, salt water gargle, theraflu (barf), and even Jagger Meister.

rio

My little grandson (who is two) just spent 2 days in the hospital with the croup. I thought the croup was a thing of the past. His oxygen levels were way down so Urgent Care sent them to the ER. From there, he was admitted.
Poor baby! I hope he recovers quickly. I have heard of both croup and whooping cough on a few occasions in the past several years.

mitzi

Poor baby! I hope he recovers quickly. I have heard of both croup and whooping cough on a few occasions in the past several years.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that he's okay. Still has a little cough but nothing like last weekend. I heard him in the background of the phone and he sounded like a seal. The hospital (Charles Regional) took excellent care of him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
But did you pay back your college loans? :nomoney:
Speaking of college loans ... I've been paying for 17 years on my college loans and they say I still owe $46,000. Say what? The original loan total was $48,000 best I recall. How much interest I am paying?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Was in Giant a couple weeks ago and heard that unmistakable barking cough. Yep, clueless parent leisurely grocery shopping with a croupy toddler in the cart. Dang people - they invented curbside pickup and home delivery FOR A REASON.
Many people send their children to school sick.

PeoplesElbow

Speaking of college loans ... I've been paying for 17 years on my college loans and they say I still owe $46,000. Say what? The original loan total was $48,000 best I recall. How much interest I am paying?
Wow, did you take an extended payment plan or something? I had about $27k, to start out I was on the 10 year repayment plan, then I consolidated when interest was low and finally paid it off after a total of 5 years. I started off paying $100 more each month and increased it every bump in pay I got.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My suggestion is to find a good financial advisor.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
OK, it is my turn.

Friday evening began the sore throat.

Saturday continued with the sore throat, and added on cold chills (but no fever), very little appetite, and a chronic/persistent headache that won't budge. I never got out of bed. I've been sleeping with my electric blanket up to high, popping migrane and sinus pills religiously.

Sunday is a duplicate of yesterday. I did manage to hit up CVS for more sinus meds,, but I've essentially been in bed all day. Ate a little baked potato and that is it.

The bridge of my nose feels like it has been in a vice for the past three days.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
OK, it is my turn.

Friday evening began the sore throat.

Saturday continued with the sore throat, and added on cold chills (but no fever), very little appetite, and a chronic/persistent headache that won't budge. I never got out of bed. I've been sleeping with my electric blanked up to high, popping migrane and sinus pills religiously.

Sunday is a duplicate of yesterday. I did manage to hit up CVS for more sinus meds,, but I've essentially been in bed all day. Ate a little baked potato and that is it.

The bridge of my nose feels like it has been in a vice for the past three days.
Feel better soon. :huggy: