Gay marriage legal in MD

Geek

I am sorry for your loss 2A. God gives us all tests, It sounds like God gave you a beautiful lesson to learn from with your cousin. I believe the love you gave him will let him enjoy a peaceful, blessed eternity. Jesus welcomes all that love with open arms. Do you think that He would not hold us and have personal conversation before condeming someone to hell? Hell is reserved for evil. God created your cousin gay, and we are all created in His image, God did not make a mistake.

Spoiled

2A can you tell me how many verses there are in the bible saying homosexuality is wrong and what they are?

Would you like our country to be turned into a Christian theocracy?

Geek

What of a child in Africa that neither hears Jesus' name or sees a Bible before he takes his last gasping breath and dies of starvation, does he go to Hell?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
We've discussed this. I think it's unconstitutional to prevent gay marriage. I also think it's unconstitutional to prevent polygamy.

My opinion is that the government shouldn't have a single thing to say about marriage in any way, shape or form. That is a personal matter and shouldn't be regulated by the government. You shouldn't need a license to get married when you don't need one to have children. There shouldn't be a different tax rate for married people - everyone should file their own taxes based on their personal income.

I, personally, would be a great candidate to have a wife instead of a husband. I go to work and support the family, she takes care of the house and the feeding thing. And, since I'm not a lesbian, she can have all the boyfriends she wants, and still be my legal spouse and next of kin. Why shouldn't I be able to have that?

I'm with ya. My personal opinion should be that the government should have no input on "marriage". If they want to regulate "domestic unions" then that's another debate altogether. They'd need to be careful with that though. Domestic Union licenses would only be granted to those who can provide proof of shared residence.

I am not "for" gay marriage. And so long as my church doesn't marry any gays, I'm happy with it. But I'm not going to tell another church that they can't.

I think the government should issue domestic union licenses to whoever wants them and/or stay out of it altogether. Marriage is a religious institution and should be left to religion.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
2ndAmendment said:
Sounds like you found a church of the "latter days" that teaches what "tickles the ears" and preaches what people want to hear and not what they need to hear. The fact of the Bible is, not everyone is going to go to heaven and not everyoen who has died has gone to heaven no matter how much you wish it was true. The narrow gate is the way and few enter therein. It is open to all, but you must choose God's way according to His word.

For the person who asked this, "one person's heaven another's hell... why do you care?" in a karma message, because I am a Christian and pray that all enter through the narrow gate. I know they won't, but it is why I am willing to take all the flack that I take for my posting of God's word from the Bible and not man's wish list for his own thoughts.

Just so you don't get the wrong opinion of the church, everything I posted was my own personal beliefs, not something I learned in a church that I have only attended once. I just don't want you to get the wrong opinion.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
Geek said:
What of a child in Africa that neither hears Jesus' name or sees a Bible before he takes his last gasping breath and dies of starvation, does he go to Hell?

Thats the biggest problem with any organized religion, the failure to explain what happens to those that are not, can not, do not have a chance to become exposed to it.

Will people who are insane (or handicapped mentally) go to heaven?

Where did people go before the Bible was written? what did they do between the Old Testament and the New Testament?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
2A can you tell me how many verses there are in the bible saying homosexuality is wrong and what they are?

Would you like our country to be turned into a Christian theocracy?
This was all covered in a thread in the Religion forum. Do a search.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Geek said:
Judged upon what the child was given and how the child lived their life. It is in the Bible. It was discussed in the Religion forum. All you have to do is read.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
2ndAmendment said:
This was all covered in a thread in the Religion forum. Do a search.

Well since your on a News and Events forum, about a discussion on Gay Marriage, and using Religion as your basis for arguing against it, i think it was a legit question.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SAHRAB said:
Thats the biggest problem with any organized religion, the failure to explain what happens to those that are not, can not, do not have a chance to become exposed to it.

Will people who are insane (or handicapped mentally) go to heaven?

Where did people go before the Bible was written? what did they do between the Old Testament and the New Testament?
It is explained in the Bible. The answer to all of these is they are judged on what the are given and how they lived their lives.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SAHRAB said:
Well since your on a News and Events forum, about a discussion on Gay Marriage, and using Religion as your basis for arguing against it, i think it was a legit question.
OK. I may not get them all, but here goes.

Genesis 19:1-29 is the account of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Leviticus 18:22'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Deuteronomy 22:5"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Timothy 1:8-11

8But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,

9realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers

10and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

11according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
2ndAmendment said:
OK. I may not get them all, but here goes.

Genesis 19:1-29 is the account of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Quote:
Deuteronomy 22:5"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God.

I've seen your wife in man's clothing (jeans) several times. :popcorn:

Geek

"Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. "

Who is in your neighborhood?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
Leviticus 20:13
True story: After Graham Chapman of Monty Python made his homosexuality public in the 1970s, someone wrote to the team citing the Biblical verse (paraphrased) "If a man is found with another man, he must be taken out and killed." Eric Idle send a reply: "We've found out who he was and we've taken him out and killed him."

This is what I don't understand, 2A--if you and other fundamentalists really believe that God commands Christians to kill gay men, why aren't all of you copying Eric Rudolph and machine-gunning the men in Dupont Circle who set off your gaydar?

I'm sorry, but I think the whole concept of "hate the sin but love the sinner" is crap. If you really loved the sinner, you would respect his freedom of conscience and stay out of his business. I say this because I had a distant relative who died recently. He wasn't religious, but his service was in a church. The officiating minister angered the family when he proclaimed that our relative was headed for hell. To me, that was ten times worse than anything Pat Robertson has to say.

Geek

Here are some interesting quotes from the Bible.
Amos 5:21 - God hates his chosen ones

Isiah 45:7 - God is evil

Do not eat fat of ox, sheep or goats (Lev. 7.23)
Do not eat rabbit (Lev. 11:6)
Do not eat blood of fish, fowl or beast (Lev. 7:26)
Do not eat ham, bacon, pork chops or ribs (Lev. 11:7)
Do not eat lobster, crab, scallops or shrimp (Lev. 11:10 and Deut. 14:19)

Anything a woman touches during menstruation and for seven days thereafter
is unclean (Lev. 12:6)

Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them.
And all the people shall say Amen. (Deuteronomy 27:26)

Hybridization of animals and crops is condemned (Lev. 19:19)

Do not wear clothing of two kinds of material (Lev. 19:19 and Deut. 22:11)

It is an abomination to trim the hair on one's temples or to trim one's
beard (Lev. 19:28)

A stubborn or rebellious son shall be brought to the authorities and
stoned to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

And if a man sell a dwelling house in a walled city, then he may redeem
it within a whole year after it is sold; within a full year may he redeem
it. (Leviticus 25:29)

Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a
stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers
in the land of Egypt. (Exodus 20:21)

If a man marries a woman and discovers she is not a virgin, she is to be
stoned to death (Deut. 22:13)

People who divorce, then remarry, commit adultery. (Matt 5:3, 19:9 and
Mark 10:11)

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Geek said:

Ah, man, now I gotta figure out something different for dinner........

Spoiled

Geek said:

most of those are old testiment, hence the reason orthodox jews keep kosher and all the good stuff...