Gun Scare Leonardtown High.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
JPC said:
:
I believe that the Parents are responsible for their children and the gov is responsible for the schools.
:

JPC, please do not get me started. In your life, it appears that the government was responsible for your child and, you, as a parent, were not responsible at all..........

J

JPC, Sr.

Democrats Rock!

Toxick said:
No we won't.
Growth and size have nothing to do with safety or security.

Metal detectors and trained guards packing heat... THAT will make the schools safer.
:larry: By putting students in those big Institutional type schools with big overcrowding and fire box trailers is putting undue pressure on students and on the faculty, stress them out, creates percieved injustices, mistreatment and bullying, and all the school students, teachers and parents see now the vivid example given in the gun scare at Leonardtown High and so the stress and pressure and the danger is increased bigtime.

At this same time our misguided political leaders are orchestrating the bringing in of more overcrowding and more needless growth and the infrastructure is already overloaded.

If elected then I will start the process of putting a stop to it all. :howdy:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
JPC said:
:larry: By putting students in those big Institutional type schools with big overcrowding and fire box trailers is putting undue pressure on students and on the faculty, stress them out, creates percieved injustices, mistreatment and bullying, and all the school students, teachers and parents see now the vivid example given in the gun scare at Leonardtown High and so the stress and pressure and the danger is increased bigtime.

At this same time our misguided political leaders are orchestrating the bringing in of more overcrowding and more needless growth and the infrastructure is already overloaded.

If elected then I will start the process of putting a stop to it all. :howdy:

And I take it you have experience working in the school system to understand what goes on......... :rolleyes: Size does not matter, it can happen at any school.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
harleygirl said:
And I take it you have experience working in the school system to understand what goes on......... :rolleyes: Size does not matter, it can happen at any school.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I bet he was bullied.

reelsdeals

I've never had any dealings with this guy, but I have to admit that he is a total idiot. What would this county be without the base? You can't blame the military for bringing bad influences into the area. The civilians that work on this base outnumber the military by more than a 10 to 1 margin. The base has nothing to do with influence. Society has everything to do with it. It's all about morals and raising our children right and teaching them respect and to be respectful. Growth is happening everywhere, nationwide. It just happens. What are we going to do, put a quota on the number of people alive or living in the USA? Okay, you turn 75 today, time for you to make a choice, either go to a foreign country or be euthanized. If you had any clue as to why the programs that are at the base are there, then you might have some clue as to why expansion has to happen. Presidential helo, why do we need that? Maybe to get rid of 1960's era transport for the most powerful man in the world. The Navy is recapitalizing every type of aircraft in the fleet and where does the majority of R & D take place? Ding, Ding, Ding. Pax River. In 10 years when all the test and eval stuff has been completed and the programs have ceased to exist because they aren't needed anymore, you will be crying because all the infrastructure that was brought to this county by the base being here, will be gone and you will have to drive many miles to shopping. No, I'm not saying the base is closing, it will never close. Just making a point. I wish I could run against an idiot like you, that would be a landslide victory if I ever saw one. There are rules that don't allow me to serve the public while on active duty. Lucky you.
:buttkick:

JPC said:
Here is one of the links to the Enterprise coverage,

Gun scare at Leonardtown High School that happened on Friday May 19, 2006.

St. Mary's County is even now planning to build new Columbine style schools in our area and it is all because the reckless out of control growth coming into our area.

Our political leaders are bringing the poison and the malice into our home and it needs to be stopped. It is all orchestrated through the expansion at the Pax River Naval Base and there is no military need for this growth and St. Mary's County does not need it either.

:jameo:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
reelsdeals said:
I've never had any dealings with this guy, but I have to admit that he is a total idiot. What would this county be without the base? You can't blame the military for bringing bad influences into the area. The civilians that work on this base outnumber the military by more than a 10 to 1 margin. The base has nothing to do with influence. Society has everything to do with it. It's all about morals and raising our children right and teaching them respect and to be respectful. Growth is happening everywhere, nationwide. It just happens. What are we going to do, put a quota on the number of people alive or living in the USA? Okay, you turn 75 today, time for you to make a choice, either go to a foreign country or be euthanized. If you had any clue as to why the programs that are at the base are there, then you might have some clue as to why expansion has to happen. Presidential helo, why do we need that? Maybe to get rid of 1960's era transport for the most powerful man in the world. The Navy is recapitalizing every type of aircraft in the fleet and where does the majority of R & D take place? Ding, Ding, Ding. Pax River. In 10 years when all the test and eval stuff has been completed and the programs have ceased to exist because they aren't needed anymore, you will be crying because all the infrastructure that was brought to this county by the base being here, will be gone and you will have to drive many miles to shopping. No, I'm not saying the base is closing, it will never close. Just making a point. I wish I could run against an idiot like you, that would be a landslide victory if I ever saw one. There are rules that don't allow me to serve the public while on active duty. Lucky you.
:clap:
:clap:

J

JPC, Sr.

Democrats Rock!

RoseRed said:
I might be going out on a limb here, but I bet he was bullied.
:larry: Even if I were bullied or if I were not bullied, then I am still right about the overcrowding and about the need to stop the growth. That is the bottom line.
:whistle:

camily

Peace
harleygirl said:
Size does matter.
That is all.

Toxick

Splat
JPC said:
By putting students in those big Institutional type schools with big overcrowding and fire box trailers is putting undue pressure on students and on the faculty, stress them out,

Would you please site your sources for the above information.

JPC said:
creates percieved injustices, mistreatment and bullying,

Yeah - because up until recently, students were always nice to each other and lived in peace and harmony with other students and their schools with nary conflict or tension.

Perceived injustice is a new phenomenon. Just ask Galileo. Or Socrates.

I'll tell you what - if your policies ever prove successful in stopping jocks from giving nerds wedgies, and keep the hotgrrlz from making the homely girls cry, you will have earned my respect and admiration forever.

But nothing will stop injustice, bullying and abuse in schools. Ever.

If there are three students in a given school, two would start a clique and whip the third one's ass on a daily basis.

JPC said:
and all the school students, teachers and parents see now the vivid example given in the gun scare at Leonardtown High and so the stress and pressure and the danger is increased bigtime.

Actually, if there had been a gun, you MAY have a point about an increased threat (even though I'd probably disagree with it, and tell you were were reaching to make the point). As it is, the gun scare doesn't prove anything about the delta in threat magnitude - it doesn't prove anything at all, except that police and swat teams are awesome, and Leonardtown looks different on CNN.

What about the bomb threat in Hughesville today?

Does it prove that Charles County has unmitigated uncontrolled greed-driven exponential growth?

JPC said:
If elected then I will start the process of putting a stop to it all.

If you're elected, I'm moving back to Tucson way sooner than I expected.

Tidewater

Violence can happen anywhere at all, amid the hustle and bustle of metropolitan life out to the most rural of areas (yeah, I live out in the sticks...). Last year our local high schools also had a major lockdown over a two-state shooting spree begun at a bus stop, killing one boy and injuring a number of others.

Yeah, it made CNN too...and the area I live in is way less populated than Leonardtown. So the theory is flawed from the start. Violence is rampant and frightening. Worse, it's becoming part of our daily life in the news and hitting closer to home all the time.

Properly rearing a child to adulthood isn't the responsibility of the government, the schools, or the media--it's the job of the parents. Strong values of knowing right from wrong along with a healthy dose of self-control is part and parcel of a parent's teachings. A child with a good home life can deal with most situations if they are prepared for them.

Yeah, life ain't fair, but teaching that fairness is just and how we should behave could be contagious... Ya think?

One can only hope. :faint:

J

JPC, Sr.

Democrats Rock!

reelsdeals said:
I've never had any dealings with this guy, ... ... No, I'm not saying the base is closing, it will never close. Just making a point. I wish I could run against an idiot like you, that would be a landslide victory if I ever saw one. There are rules that don't allow me to serve the public while on active duty. Lucky you.
:jameo: I guess the transition might be some difficult on the Navy personel but now you do here have some advance notice that many of you guys will just have to pack your bags and be moving out.

Feel free to tell your comrades that the change is a coming. :howdy:

JPC said:
:jameo: I guess the transition might be some difficult on the Navy personel but now you do here have some advance notice that many of you guys will just have to pack your bags and be moving out.

Hey... you are needed at the Rayburn House Office Building... there's been a report of over-crowding...:eyebrow:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
JPC said:

I thought that maybe you were in the Rayburn building........ :popcorn: Over crowding in Congress seems to make folks use guns also.

PrepH4U

JPC said:

would you translate the above into english please TIA!

GD ignant

J

JPC, Sr.

Democrats Rock!

PrepH4U said:
would you translate the above into english please TIA!

GD ignant
:larry: Perhaps I could have explained it better instead of just replying to the specific poster.

I am a Democrat candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates for District 29b which is right outside the Navy Base main gate. Thus when I get elected then I intend to put a stop to the excessive growth coming from the Pax River Naval Base and since the poster said he was a member of the military then I was telling him to prepare because the change is a coming to this area.

nomoney

JPC said:
:larry: Perhaps I could have explained it better instead of just replying to the specific poster.

I am a Democrat candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates for District 29b which is right outside the Navy Base main gate. Thus when I get elected then I intend to put a stop to the excessive growth coming from the Pax River Naval Base and since the poster said he was a member of the military then I was telling him to prepare because the change is a coming to this area.

:lmao: You live in a special group home don't you? :lol: