Help!!

bchiker

We live right down the street from you and have been trying to catch that possum! He's been in our barbeque eating the grease. Please don't let him go. Call Animal Control and they will take him away for you. We saw the short haired white cat yesterday. He seems to be staying under our picnic table on our back porch. I have not seen, but have been looking for, your long haired white cat. I thought I saw him the other night hanging out by the old bar, but it wasn't him. Good luck.
P.S. What did you bait the trap with to catch the possum?

ontheriver

We live right down the street from you and have been trying to catch that possum! He's been in our barbeque eating the grease. Please don't let him go. Call Animal Control and they will take him away for you. We saw the short haired white cat yesterday. He seems to be staying under our picnic table on our back porch. I have not seen, but have been looking for, your long haired white cat. I thought I saw him the other night hanging out by the old bar, but it wasn't him. Good luck.
P.S. What did you bait the trap with to catch the possum?

so sorry to say I left possum's door open so he could get out....he was....wait for it.... playing possum. Much more calm than the pissed white kitty. I've actually had some experience with possum's at my other house in the woods. They got along just fine with all the cats and never caused any problems. They are curious but quite calm, very stubborn. Their eyesight seems really bad and they are slow. If you want to catch him, they LOVE dry cat food. At the other house they knew mealtime and would patiently wait for the cats to finish and take their naps. Thanks for looking out for Tajii. We miss him. :ohwell:

Also, from what I understand possums rarely contract rabies as they are marsupials. :biggrin:

Last edited:

ontheriver

Tajii is safe, but not very happy :evil: I covered the cage in the one thing a cat can't stay away from... a cardboard box. He's dirty and has stuff all in his fur, but no cuts or anything. Thanks AGAIN everyone! :cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel :bann:

Tajii is safe, but not very happy :evil: I covered the cage in the one thing a cat can't stay away from... a cardboard box. He's dirty and has stuff all in his fur, but no cuts or anything. Thanks AGAIN everyone! :cartwheel:cartwheel:cartwheel :bann:

Great news to start a Sunday morning off with!

Dakota

~~~~~~~

What a great idea. :yay: I will have to keep that in mind if mine ever disappears for days on end again because she cannot resist a cardboard box either.

Such great news.

ontheriver

What a great idea. :yay: I will have to keep that in mind if mine ever disappears for days on end again because she cannot resist a cardboard box either.

Such great news.

I put the box over the closed end of the trap with a small blanket over the other end. It looked like a little kitty bistro! This was my daughter's idea, so I can't take credit.

edinsomd

Sounds like he had an excellent adventure, but all good things must come to an end. Put up a bird feeder in his view, for your and his entertainment. Glad for you he's back home, happy Easter!

ontheriver

Sounds like he had an excellent adventure, but all good things must come to an end. Put up a bird feeder in his view, for your and his entertainment. Glad for you he's back home, happy Easter!

Thanks ed. We do have a feeder. I wish he could talk... Happy Easter to you too!

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Good morning...

Great news! Hope you had a Easter basket waiting for him. Have a great day of celebration all around.

:coffee:

frequentflier

happy to be living
ontheriver, I am sooooo happy! I know I would be frantic if one of mine got out. I hope he is happy to be back home and content to stay indoors. Have a great day :huggy:

ontheriver

ontheriver, I am sooooo happy! I know I would be frantic if one of mine got out. I hope he is happy to be back home and content to stay indoors. Have a great day :huggy:

I was frantic. Now that I've calmed down and checked him out a little better, he does have a tiny scratch over one eye, but no bugs. How lucky was he!? He's DIRTY. Catnip spray as a reward later? :starcat: