High School Football This Weekend

smilin

BOXER NATION
Sorry Great Mills fans...Frank Taitano ran all over them as Patuxent won 43-14. Next week they get Leonardtown and then it is GM at CHS...

Chopticon Plays at Calvert on Thursday...

I really wanted to see Taitano against Pettet, guess it was better I didn't.
He must be a load coming through.

Now comes the county stretch - then a couple of easy games...:whistle:

JohnH

He is a very SMART running back...Not to big or too fast but, he has great vision to find the holes and gets to them quick...Patuxent's Line is fundamentally sound as well...

Next two weeks should be fun with the upcoming games for all of the county teams. CHS and Leonardtown is not until week 10. Great Mills NEEDS to win at least 3 of last 4 for a playoff shot, and needs some help from a few teams.
They have the best shot within the county to go though...

JohnH

BTW...Taitano had 4 TD's last night...75 Yards, 66 yards, 12 yards and 2 yards on 8 rushes and 160 yards...Did not play in second half.

Patuxent only had to pass the ball 7 times in the game.

angelbaby

Sorry Great Mills fans...Frank Taitano ran all over them as Patuxent won 43-14. Next week they get Leonardtown and then it is GM at CHS...

Chopticon Plays at Calvert on Thursday...

Whew! what a game that wasn't :lol:. I went there to root GM on since they are my alma mater. I heard they were having a good season and my two daughters attend Patuxent. I went with the intent of embarrassing THEM by rooting for the other team. I think I was the one who got embarrassed :lol:

Oh well, I still hope GM has a great season. Go Hornets!:yahoo:

RayGun

It would have been a good match up..but they double-team Petett off the line and shot the A gap all night. Petett ended up with 8 or 9 tackles and 9 carries for 72 yds. Hats off to Taitano...does he have any college offers yet? If not he should!

smilin

BOXER NATION
It would have been a good match up..but they double-team Petett off the line and shot the A gap all night. Petett ended up with 8 or 9 tackles and 9 carries for 72 yds. Hats off to Taitano...does he have any college offers yet? If not he should!

Lackey did the same. They double teamed him, ran where he wasn't. The great thing about that game was his team mates picked up the slack.
I believe I read something in the Post about Taitano being recruited.
Can't wait for Friday this week and next. But I Can wait for the last two - at least they are the last games of the season.

JohnH

From what I understand, he had grade issues last year and worked hard to get them up, but, the coaches love him as he is a hard worker...not sure about the college offers but, Im sure they are coming soon. Another good RB to watch in SMAC is the state's leading rusher, Greg Goodwin at Huntingtown.He already has 1121 yards rushing!

LHS gave up 31 points but, most of them came after big turnovers, a pick six and a fumble returned for a TD...Their running game was not bad just the 5 turnovers killed them. They actually held LaPlata to only 70 yards passing and 58 yards rushing...

smilin

BOXER NATION
I really have to get off my butt and go see Huntingtown play. I always wondered why Jerry Franks is such a nationally known coach - until this year. He not flashy but coaches a solid no nonsense game.
Kids fly in to his summer camp from around the country. My son went there and learned quite a bit.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
I really have to get off my butt and go see Huntingtown play. I always wondered why Jerry Franks is such a nationally known coach - until this year. He not flashy but coaches a solid no nonsense game.
Kids fly in to his summer camp from around the country. My son went there and learned quite a bit.

He was by far the best coach I ever had in any sport.

Huntingtown plays @ Patuxent tomorrow night (thurs) in what should be the game of the week.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
How much you wanna bet Chopticon's game vs. Calvert gets cancelled tonight?

The next few days doesn't look promising either. :ohwell:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
I was thinking the same thing. Even told that to the FB player this morning. Although because the first win occurred on a night I was NOT present, I was told to stay away!!!! :killingme :cds: :frown:

But it would make my life easier. Go watch the cheerleader or prove that I am not the CHS jinx!! :jameo:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I was thinking the same thing. Even told that to the FB player this morning. Although because the first win occurred on a night I was NOT present, I was told to stay away!!!! :killingme :cds: :frown:

But it would make my life easier. Go watch the cheerleader or prove that I am not the CHS jinx!! :jameo:

I also told my pumpkin not to be surprised to hear an announcement that the game was cancelled. That's all we need is a bunch of sick cheerleaders for next week.

You can come to our game. :huggy: Just sit on the "other" CHS side of the field. :evil:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
LHS Freshman/JV against Great Mills x'd for tonight. No other info on rescheduling. Now just waiting to hear from CHS vs. CHS. And Lori might not let me sit on the "other" CHS side either. :bawl: No CHS wants me!!! How about if I just stay in the parking lot??

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
LHS Freshman/JV against Great Mills x'd for tonight. No other info on rescheduling. Now just waiting to hear from CHS vs. CHS. And Lori might not let me sit on the "other" CHS side either. :bawl: No CHS wants me!!! How about if I just stay in the parking lot??

I still want you. :huggy: Just keep your LHS voodoo mojo in the parking lot...or at least on the "home" side of the field, ok? :lol:

You going up the road next week?

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
I still want you. :huggy: Just keep your LHS voodoo mojo in the parking lot...or at least on the "home" side of the field, ok? :lol:

You going up the road next week?

:yahoo: I'm taking that as an endorsement that I can come!! Although I didn't get my Chopticon blanket back from a certain former LHS cheerleader that took it to last week's game. Hmmm... red and black, red and black... Where to get some red and black??

Up the road to Urbana for the cheer competition, or North Point on Saturday for the Varsity game? Yes to Urbana, no to NP. It's NP's Homecoming and since they still don't have their lights fixed they had to move the game from Friday to Saturday which also happens to be Navy's Homecoming. There are quite a few LHS parents who aren't too happy about that one... :whistle:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
:yahoo: I'm taking that as an endorsement that I can come!! Although I didn't get my Chopticon blanket back from a certain former LHS cheerleader that took it to last week's game. Hmmm... red and black, red and black... Where to get some red and black??

Up the road to Urbana for the cheer competition, or North Point on Saturday for the Varsity game? Yes to Urbana, no to NP. It's NP's Homecoming and since they still don't have their lights fixed they had to move the game from Friday to Saturday which also happens to be Navy's Homecoming. There are quite a few LHS parents who aren't too happy about that one... :whistle:

No to the NP part, yes to the Urbana part. I shall see you there.

And your oldest freaked out when I asked her how her eye was and that I was surprised there were no marks. :killingme

I didn't realize you had one that old. :faint:

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
No to the NP part, yes to the Urbana part. I shall see you there.

And your oldest freaked out when I asked her how her eye was and that I was surprised there were no marks. :killingme :killingme too!!! Do you realize that ALL THREE have now had stitches over their right eyes!!! Call SS!!!
I didn't realize you had one that old. :faint:

I started young... :whistle: And she still hasn't texted me back as to where my blanket is!

Ray says we're "ON!!!" Woohoo!!! :yahoo: Although the FB player is NOT riding home in my car in that muddy uniform and I am NOT washing it this week!!! :lol: Figures it's an away game and we're wearing white.

See you up there!

Last edited:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I started young... :whistle: And she still hasn't texted me back as to where my blanket is!

Ray says we're "ON!!!" Woohoo!!! :yahoo: Although the FB player is NOT riding home in my car in that muddy uniform and I am NOT washing it this week!!! :lol: Figures it's an away game and we're wearing white.

See you up there!

I was logging back in to tell you the same thing!

You better get that blanket...we're gonna need it!

JohnH

GREAT defensive game by Nick Landavazo with THREE defensive TD's for Chopticon! Two fumble recoveries run in for scores and a Pick 6!